Windows 10: Headphones not showing up on my playback devices

Discus and support Headphones not showing up on my playback devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; None of my headphones are showing up in my playback devices. They used to work before when I got this laptop, but after a windows update, for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Vector, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Headphones not showing up on my playback devices

None of my headphones are showing up in my playback devices. They used to work before when I got this laptop, but after a windows update, for some reason, my headphones wouldn't work unless I restarted the laptop. In addition, my playback devices only had one device: Speakers/Headphones Realtek Audio. After hours of fixing the problem, I was only able to install the HD audio driver or something like that, all devices worked perfectly when plugging and unplugging.

But then again, another windows update came (this October), and here we go again, none of my headphones are working at all, and the HD driver was automatically removed and replaced by Realtek, and know I could do nothing but ask for help.

Laptop specs:

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series

Model 5567

Intel Core i7-7500U

:)

John Vector, Oct 24, 2019

2. Headphones and Speakers not showing up in playback devices

Hi Jonathan,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please tell us if you made any significant hardware or software changes on your laptop prior to this issue. Also, can you provide us the steps you have already taken to
    try to resolve the issue? In the meantime, follow these steps on how you can enable your playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Sounds.
    • Under the Playback tab, right-click on the default speakers and select
      Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Your headphones or speakers should now appear here.
    • Right-click the headphones or speakers and select Enable.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Oct 24, 2019
  3. frank1985 Win User
    Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in the Levels tab also. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

frank1985, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Headphones not showing up on my playback devices

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Headphones not showing up on my playback devices

1. Headphones not showing up on my playback devices - Similar Threads - Headphones showing playback

2. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices: My headphones SOny xm4 were working just fine. But the last few days, they connect to Windows just fine, and show up as connected devices. However, they are not available as a playback device. I have checked/unchecked/rechecked the 'audio sink' setting through Services. I...
  3. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices: My headphones SOny xm4 were working just fine. But the last few days, they connect to Windows just fine, and show up as connected devices. However, they are not available as a playback device. I have checked/unchecked/rechecked the 'audio sink' setting through Services. I...
  4. My headphones aren't showing up in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headphones aren't showing up in the playback devices.: Even though my headphones are not visible in the play back devices, I can still hear sound through Real Tek audio drivers but the problem is it isn't picking out my headset mic and is using my laptop mic Which is an acer nitro 5. I already have tried to go in sounds and...
  5. New headphones not showing up as a playback device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New headphones not showing up as a playback device: I recently bought a wired headset with a mic in order to game and take discord calls on my computer. When I plug my 3.5mm jack into the audio port, i get sound but my mic doesn't function. And if I plug into the microphone port I can talk but I dont hear any audio. I've done...
  6. Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device

Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device: I have a new laptop with windows 10 and have Bose bluetooth earphones. I have confirmed they are conncted by bluetooth and are showing up as paired but are not showing up as a playback device so I cant hear computer audio through them. I have tried uninstalling the driver...
  7. My headphone don't show up in Playback or Recording devices.

My headphone don't show up in Playback or Recording devices.: So I have had this headset for a while now and I have had no problems with it. Then I realized my microphone isn't working. So I looked up all over google and youtube of how to set up a microphone so I was doing that but everything was saying go into Playback Devices and your...
  8. Headphones not showing up in playback devices [Windows 10]

Headphones not showing up in playback devices [Windows 10]: On my Windows 10 HP z400 workstation, plugging in headphones to the computer's front jacks does not cause them to show up in playback devices, even though disconnected and disabled devices are both shown. I have tried this with multiple different headphones (all of which work...
  9. Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

Headphones not showing in Playback Devices: So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in...
  10. Headphones/Earphones Not Showing Up On Playback Devices

Headphones/Earphones Not Showing Up On Playback Devices: Hello, I'm running on Windows 10 Home and my earphones work but they don't show up in playback devices (Right click sound and select playback devices) I'm not really sure how to get them back. It doesn't really matter with my earphones but my headphones don't work at all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sony wh100mx3 wireless headphones do not show up as a playback device