Windows 10: headphones not showing up windows 10

Discus and support headphones not showing up windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; headphones not showing up windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by charlesm2, Jul 12, 2019.

1. charlesm2 Win User

headphones not showing up windows 10

:)

charlesm2, Jul 12, 2019

2. Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    headphones not showing up   windows 10 [​IMG]
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2019
  4. headphones not showing up windows 10

Unable to access headphones after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Clayton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to access the headphones after upgrading to Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Is this issue specific only to the headphones?
    • Is your headphones working fine on other devices?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the headphones?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the headphones is set to playback device.

Follow the below:

• Connect the headphones to your device.
    • Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the headphone in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly reply back to us with the detailed description of this issue, we will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. headphones not showing up windows 10 - Similar Threads - headphones showing

2. Headphones showing as unplugged.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones showing as unplugged.: I was using the front jack for my headphones for sometime, when they suddenly stopped working. I unplugged then plugged them, but windows didn't seem to detect it. I checked the sound control panel, and it was showing my device as unplugged, even though it was plugged in. I...
  3. Can't change the sound system from default to my headphones because it doesn't show up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change the sound system from default to my headphones because it doesn't show up.: Can't change my sound system from default, I think they don't recognise any other source like my headphones, but for example other apps does recognise and they work completely fine with my headphones....
  4. Can't change the sound system from default to my headphones because it doesn't show up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change the sound system from default to my headphones because it doesn't show up.: Can't change my sound system from default, I think they don't recognise any other source like my headphones, but for example other apps does recognise and they work completely fine with my headphones....
  5. My Bluetooth headphone says "Battery low" but it shows 80%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth headphone says "Battery low" but it shows 80%: I used wireless headphone just for a long hour but when it says battery low, I checked on Bluetooth device list, and it says 80%. I don't know what's wrong with that, but can anyone explain this to me and how to fix it?My specs:Windows 10RTX 3050Intel i7 12th gen16gb ram...
  6. My Bluetooth headphone says "Battery low" but it shows 80%

My Bluetooth headphone says "Battery low" but it shows 80%: I used wireless headphone just for a long hour but when it says battery low, I checked on Bluetooth device list, and it says 80%. I don't know what's wrong with that, but can anyone explain this to me and how to fix it?My specs:Windows 10RTX 3050Intel i7 12th gen16gb ram...
  7. Headphones/IEM doesnt show up for in input devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones/IEM doesnt show up for in input devices: So i have a IEM that i use on my pc QKZ AK6 Pro with a inbuilt microphone but my system doesnt register its mic and i cat use my IEM for any input funtion it only shows as Output deviceMy IEM are working properly I can use them as output device without a hitch but its mic in...
  8. Headphones/IEM doesnt show up for in input devices

Headphones/IEM doesnt show up for in input devices: So i have a IEM that i use on my pc QKZ AK6 Pro with a inbuilt microphone but my system doesnt register its mic and i cat use my IEM for any input funtion it only shows as Output deviceMy IEM are working properly I can use them as output device without a hitch but its mic in...
  9. Headphones are plugged in however only my HDMI shows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones are plugged in however only my HDMI shows.: I factory reset my computer 2 days ago and when I plugged everything in only my HDMI shows as an audio device and not my pair of headphones. I have no speakers connected and my monitor/HDMI device doesn't play sound in the first place.I use:Windows 10 Pro 64-bitCPU: AMD Ryzen...
  10. Headphones are plugged in however only my HDMI shows.

Headphones are plugged in however only my HDMI shows.: I factory reset my computer 2 days ago and when I plugged everything in only my HDMI shows as an audio device and not my pair of headphones. I have no speakers connected and my monitor/HDMI device doesn't play sound in the first place.I use:Windows 10 Pro 64-bitCPU: AMD Ryzen...