Windows 10: Headphones not working! None of the other threads fixed the problem.

Discus and support Headphones not working! None of the other threads fixed the problem. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Inspiron 15-3567 and the headphones are not working when plugged in. They work in other devices so the headphones are not the problem. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Palm_Trees29, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Headphones not working! None of the other threads fixed the problem.

I have an Inspiron 15-3567 and the headphones are not working when plugged in. They work in other devices so the headphones are not the problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the headphone driver but it still isn't working. I remember when I would plug them in, I would get a pop up asking me if I wanted to listen to the headphones. I'm thinking I somehow disabled that window and that is why the headphones aren't working. Please help, I need to get this working ASAP. I'm also going to need to use my external microphone (which plugs into the same jack) so I need to get this working. Otherwise I'm gonna have to buy a new computer

:)

Palm_Trees29, Dec 15, 2019

2. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Headphones not working! None of the other threads fixed the problem.

Earphone/Headphone Problem

Hello Debapratim,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share these details.

• Have you made any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• What is the make and model of the head phone?

• Is the issue specific to this head phone?

I suggest you to Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the MSA to test if that helps with this issue.

Also install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to refer the suggestions from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab06

For headphone issues

I would suggest you to set headphone as default device and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

a) Right Click on the sound icon
    at the bottom left corner at the taskbar.

b) Click on Playback devices.

c) Check if you are able to find the iconheadphone in the list of connected playback devices.

d) If yes, clickon the icon and then click on
    Set default option

e) Click on Apply and then onOK.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on“Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select
    “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option:
    “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the
    restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Headphones not working! None of the other threads fixed the problem.

1. Headphones not working! None of the other threads fixed the problem. - Similar Threads - Headphones working None

2. headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops.: headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops. Tried using different headphones, but none of them work. All of them work on other laptops....
  3. headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops.: headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops. Tried using different headphones, but none of them work. All of them work on other laptops....
  4. headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound Problems / Headphones and other audio devices not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Problems / Headphones and other audio devices not working: Hi thereI've had my PC for around 3-4 years and it has worked completely fine in that time. Only recently, for the past 4 months or so I've only been able to use sound through my monitor as trying to plug in headphones or earphones into both my front USB audio and mic jack...
  6. Sound Problems / Headphones and other audio devices not working

Sound Problems / Headphones and other audio devices not working: Hi thereI've had my PC for around 3-4 years and it has worked completely fine in that time. Only recently, for the past 4 months or so I've only been able to use sound through my monitor as trying to plug in headphones or earphones into both my front USB audio and mic jack...
  7. Sound Problems / Headphones and other audio devices not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Search Broken - None of the Fixes are Working

in Cortana
    Search Broken - None of the Fixes are Working: The search field was working find and all of a sudden, when a search I get a big grey box and it will not work. I've already looked for resolutions and nothing is working. This is a major issue for me, I have a lot of files as I'm a writer with hundreds of articles I often...
  9. Cant Type Apostrophes - And None of The Other Solutions Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant Type Apostrophes - And None of The Other Solutions Work: I havent been able to type apostrophes in over a year. The best I can do is copy paste them. *I have used 7 different keyboards on this desktop and it didnt work on any of them *My Keyboard is set to English US *I can type quotes fine *I can create macros to try and type...
  10. Windows Apps not working, none of the fixes help

Windows Apps not working, none of the fixes help: I have recently upgraded to Insider Builds of Windows 10, but after many errors I encountered with it I decided to roll back. I had an option to restore to the previous version of Windows in the settings app, and so I have done so. This rolled me back to pre-Insider normal...