Windows 10: Headphones not working on a school locked laptop

Discus and support Headphones not working on a school locked laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a school locked DELL laptop that the school gave us, and when I try to plug/connect my headphones, airpods,speakers in the computer it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EduardoGutierrez9, May 6, 2020.

1. Headphones not working on a school locked laptop

I have a school locked DELL laptop that the school gave us, and when I try to plug/connect my headphones, airpods,speakers in the computer it doesn't work and the audio comes out of the laptop speakers. I've tried to do some stuff people told me but because the computer is locked, you cant do some stuff. Can anyone help me?

:)

EduardoGutierrez9, May 6, 2020

2. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 6, 2020
  3. Headphone not working when connected to laptop

Hi Maxwell,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that your headphone isn’t working when connected to your laptop . We will be glad to help you with this.

To assist you better, do let us know if your speaker works fine when you unplug the headphone.

Sometimes this issue could occur when you don’t set your headphone/speaker to default.

Please follow the steps below to set your headphone as the default device for audio.

1. Right click on the speaker icon on the notification area (right bottom corner of your screen).

2. Click on “playback

3. Check if the headphone is listed there, if so, right click
    on it and choose enable.

4. Highlight the headphone and click on "Set as Default".

Once you are done with the steps, repeat step 1 and select volume mixer. Please make sure that all the volumes are turned up to the highest and check if it works.

If this doesn’t help, we suggest you to
    refer to this link
    for steps on how to update audio drivers.

Do get back to us with the result and we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng1709, May 6, 2020
  4. Headphones not working on a school locked laptop

Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Headphones not working on a school locked laptop

1. Headphones not working on a school locked laptop - Similar Threads - Headphones working school

2. School Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    School Laptop: I tried resetting my school laptop because i am done with it and it doesnt let me sign in with my home account only work and school account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/school-laptop/4e68af5c-b10d-4d27-974b-732cb53c03d5
  3. School Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    School Laptop: I tried resetting my school laptop because i am done with it and it doesnt let me sign in with my home account only work and school account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/school-laptop/4e68af5c-b10d-4d27-974b-732cb53c03d5
  4. My headphone jack will not work on my school pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphone jack will not work on my school pc.: Its on my school pc and ive tried lots of methods that don't work either because they just don't work or because they're blocked by the school district. I've read lots of other threads and my model and update are windows ten, manufactured by Leveno, and the model is...
  5. My headphone jack will not work on my school pc.

My headphone jack will not work on my school pc.: Its on my school pc and ive tried lots of methods that don't work either because they just don't work or because they're blocked by the school district. I've read lots of other threads and my model and update are windows ten, manufactured by Leveno, and the model is...
  6. My headphone jack will not work on my school pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. School Locked Computer

School Locked Computer: Hi! about 1 month ago I left my school and I have an old laptop I used at the school that they provided me. They said I can keep it but all the restrictions and logins are on there. I can log into the computer but can't access any settings or admin programs. I tried to do a...
  8. School Locked Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    School Locked Computer: Hi! about 1 month ago I left my school and I have an old laptop I used at the school that they provided me. They said I can keep it but all the restrictions and logins are on there. I can log into the computer but can't access any settings or admin programs. I tried to do a...
  9. School Locked Computer

10. Headphones not working on laptop

Headphones not working on laptop: I'm wondering if someone could help. My headphones are appearing in my playback devices. I have highlighted "show disabled devices, show disconnected devices" and they still aren't appearing. I googled it and followed instructions to uninstall the realtek high definition...