Windows 10: Headphones not working, Realtek oddities, otherwise audio fine

Discus and support Headphones not working, Realtek oddities, otherwise audio fine in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/BreakingGood [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i771e7/headphones_not_working_realtek_oddities_otherwise/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BreakingGood, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Headphones not working, Realtek oddities, otherwise audio fine

/u/BreakingGood, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Rich H567 Win User

Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hi Cheriah,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the headphones get detected under Device manager?
    • Did you try installing the headphones driver on the PC?
    • Does the headphones work fine when connected to other computer?

You may be facing the above issue due to some of the system components conflicting with the headphones driver on the computer. You might also face the above issue if there is any hardware components missing from the headphones due to pulling the device
    abruptly.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if the headphone works on connecting to other computer. If the device works without any issues on other PC’s, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible audio
    drivers for Windows 10 OS from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: Set your headphone as your default audio device. To do so, follow these steps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select "Playback Devices".
    • On a empty space, right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
    • Check if your headphone is shown in the devices list.
    • If yes, right click on it select and Set as default device.
    Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Headphones not working, Realtek oddities, otherwise audio fine

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Headphones not working, Realtek oddities, otherwise audio fine

1. Headphones not working, Realtek oddities, otherwise audio fine - Similar Threads - Headphones working Realtek

2. Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio: Ever since I've upgraded to windows 11, I've had problems with my headphones. Also to note, I've never used headphones that connect using a jack with my pc. I just upgraded to the Arctis Nova 1 and they work great on my mac. I plugged them into my pc and its stuck on mono...
  3. Realtek Audio Console not detecting headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Console not detecting headphones: I have been using an Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G Laptop for a couple of years now and have constantly been annoyed by Realtek Audio Console. On many occasions the connector retasking menu just doesn't work as shown in the image and I can't use my headphones even if they are...
  4. Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio: Hi, I have Windows 10 21H1 installed on my PC. I have a issue with Realtek Audio. I want to use both - my computer's inbuilt speaker and Headphones but am unable to do so. When I connect my headphones, I get audio output from my headphones, but If I want to change it to my...
  5. Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine: On most of the games I have the audio simply doesn't work, yet on everything else, youtube, spotify etc it works normally? Any ideas on how I can fix this? submitted by /u/hugo823 [link] [comments]...
  6. Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working

Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working: So today i did a Support assist update on my Dell G3 15 laptop, it all went fine and after i ended up with no sound in my headphones and speakers Realtek R Audio. The only way i can hear audio is if i connect my bluetooth earphones, they work, but my laptop speakers and usual...
  7. Realtek headphones not working?

Realtek headphones not working?: So I installed the latest Realtek audio drivers, the big 250 ish KB, the headphones will not showup, I have tried to uninstall it, just does the same thing, any solutions?...
  8. Realtek Audio Driver Not working with my headphones.

Realtek Audio Driver Not working with my headphones.: So my laptop is the Acer nitro 5 and it came with Realtek audio on it. Currently right now I am unable to get my headphone drivers working on my computer. I went to the Acer website and went to my specific make and model and redownloaded the drivers and it is still not...
  9. Audio Issues- headphones and realtek

Audio Issues- headphones and realtek: So when my headphones are plugged into the audio jack (not USB), the sound seems to KINDA go thru them but also just goes straight thru my speakers as well. When I checked the sounds window, there were no headphones being recognized as plugged in, it's like they don't exist....
  10. USB Keyboard Does Not Work in BIOS (But Otherwise Works Fine.)

USB Keyboard Does Not Work in BIOS (But Otherwise Works Fine.): I have a USB keyboard which normally works fine but is not working when I enter the BIOS. (Which I am trying to do BTW so that I can boot from the the Win10 ISO install disk. I'm on Win7 now and I've tried the easier way many times but it always fails.) The keyboard is...