Windows 10: Headphones not working- Tried everything in get help app

Discus and support Headphones not working- Tried everything in get help app in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Nothing appears to be wrong except that my computer keeps telling me my headphones are not plugged in, they are, and I know the physical connection is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EloiseGoughnour, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Headphones not working- Tried everything in get help app

Nothing appears to be wrong except that my computer keeps telling me my headphones are not plugged in, they are, and I know the physical connection is okay because the headphones say they are connected. I have tried updating/reinstalling all the drivers.

:)

EloiseGoughnour, Oct 28, 2018

2. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Headphones not working- Tried everything in get help app

Headphones not working with Windows 10

Hello Barry,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, could you please answers few questions:

• What happens when you connect the Headphones to the computer?

• Have you tried the headphone with different computer?

• Have you tried other headphone with same computer?
    For now try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would suggest you to run Windows sound troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

1. Type
    troubleshoot on the search bar and click on
    troubleshooting

2. Click on
    Hardware and Sound and click on Playing audio.

3. Now click on
    Advanced button and click on next.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Arul_D, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Headphones not working- Tried everything in get help app

1. Headphones not working- Tried everything in get help app - Similar Threads - Headphones working Tried

2. Apps not installing tried everything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps not installing tried everything: When I try to install Minecraft it doesn’t want to install and just puts errors in my face, I own the game and I just got a new computer. I’m using the same account so I think it would work. I need to install Minecraft. when I try to download it again it said a code...
  3. Apps not installing tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not installing tried everything: When I try to install Minecraft it doesn’t want to install and just puts errors in my face, I own the game and I just got a new computer. I’m using the same account so I think it would work. I need to install Minecraft. when I try to download it again it said a code...
  4. Apps not installing tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. problem with headphones not connecting, tried everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem with headphones not connecting, tried everything: Nothing im doing is connecting headphones, two different brands in every usb port and headphone jack. not making a connecting sound or appearing in sound on control panel, not even showing up at all. please help I cant do anything to connect them and i dont want to keep...
  6. problem with headphones not connecting, tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with headphones not connecting, tried everything: Nothing im doing is connecting headphones, two different brands in every usb port and headphone jack. not making a connecting sound or appearing in sound on control panel, not even showing up at all. please help I cant do anything to connect them and i dont want to keep...
  7. problem with headphones not connecting, tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Camera not working, tried everything in get help section and official troubleshooting page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working, tried everything in get help section and official troubleshooting page: My camera is quite strange. i am using a Lenovo Thinkpad W510, and my camera for some reason doesn't like being used in the social app "discord". My camera had been acting quite strange before this, disappearing from my system completely, and then after a windows update it...
  9. Tried everything to get mic working with head set. Can anyone help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried everything to get mic working with head set. Can anyone help.: Hi all. I built my first gamer pc and it's all working great apart from the my headset mic. I have looked through Google multiple times and tried to fix it. I have also watched YouTube videos but still can't get it sorted. Basically I have a headset with mic. I can hear...
  10. Help!!! I’ve tried everything but it’s not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help!!! I’ve tried everything but it’s not working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thatguykriss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibi2hc/help_ive_tried_everything_but_its_not_working/