Windows 10: Headphones not working with PC after most recent Win 10 update

Discus and support Headphones not working with PC after most recent Win 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a pair of headphones that have been working fine with Windows 10, until today when I updated my PC. Now, I get no sound output on them. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CeramicTrauma, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Headphones not working with PC after most recent Win 10 update

Hi, I have a pair of headphones that have been working fine with Windows 10, until today when I updated my PC. Now, I get no sound output on them. I tested them with my phone and they still work just fine. The Windows 10 sound troubleshooter was of no help. I have tried every headphone jack, but to no avail.

:)

CeramicTrauma, Dec 19, 2019

2. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Bluetooth Headphones not Working

Hello,

Several factors may have caused the Bluetooth headphones to quit working with your Windows 10 PC, namely, a recent update that you have installed in your PC, an outdated driver, or a system configuration made prior to the issue. To assist you with your concern,
    kindly answer these questions:

• When did the issue start to happen?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check for the Windows version, kindly follow these steps:
    • Type about in the search box on your taskbar, and then select
      About your PC.
    • Look under PC for Edition to find out which version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.
    • Look under PC for Version to find out which version of Windows 10 your PC is running.
    • Look under PC for System type to see if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
    • Were there any recent updates or programs installed in your Windows 10 PC?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Vanessa Oca, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Headphones not working with PC after most recent Win 10 update

Headphones, microphone issue.

Hi Alise,

This issue may be due to driver compatibility. We'd like to ask additional information to better assist you. Please answer the following:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this?
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set the headphone as the default device on your computer. Here's how:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound.
    • Choose Headphones and click Set default button at the bottom.
    • In some cases, there is no headphone option alone, but Speakers/Headphone. If that’s the case, select that and click
      Set default button at the bottom.
    • Press OK.

If the issue persists, then you can update your driver by following the steps
    here

Feel free to respond if the provided steps work for you.

Joan Pin, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Headphones not working with PC after most recent Win 10 update

1. Headphones not working with PC after most recent Win 10 update - Similar Threads - Headphones working recent

2. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  3. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  4. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  6. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  7. PC stuck after most recent Windows 10 update

PC stuck after most recent Windows 10 update: Last night before sleeping I selected "Restart and shut down." Everything went normal until it was stuck loading with "Updating your system 100%" for over half an hour. I talked to the previous owner of this PC and they said that it used to do that and that I should turn it...
  8. Most recent update made my headphones not work...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most recent update made my headphones not work...: Hello, hoping for some assistance. The most recent Windows Update installed last night, and ever since, I've been unable to hear anything through my headphones. If they're plugged in, I'll still get speaker output. I've tried all of the common solutions--there are no hidden...
  9. Audio not coming through headphones after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio not coming through headphones after most recent update: Since doing the most recent update I have found that I am sometimes not able to hear any audio through any of my headsets, despite them working fine before the update. Has anyone else encountered this? How do I fix it? submitted by /u/GingerWheels99 [link] [comments]...
  10. Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update

Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update: Hi I was already having Windows 10 on my PC which is a ASUS machine just two years old. Recently Microsoft prompted me to update my OS saying that the version that I was having will not be supported beyond November 2019. The Update was successfully installed on 07th August...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones not working after updating my pc

2. head phone is not working after win10 upgrade