Windows 10: Headphones only outputting audio in mono

Discus and support Headphones only outputting audio in mono in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'd like to play Stereo audio when my headphones are plugged in to my 3.5mm audio port, but they are only outputting in Mono. Stereo works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tyler Cernak, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Headphones only outputting audio in mono

Hello,

I'd like to play Stereo audio when my headphones are plugged in to my 3.5mm audio port, but they are only outputting in Mono. Stereo works when using them through Bluetooth, but I often use them wired and would like them to play Stereo properly that way as well.

System specifications:

Windows 10 64 bit home

3.5mm Audio jack

Realtek Audio

JBL live 650btnc-le headphones

My audio drivers are all up to date.

The "mono" audio option in Ease of Access is turned off.

Turning audio enhancements on or off in the properties menu doesn't solve the problem.

Restarting the computer doesn't solve the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Tyler Cernak, Sep 12, 2019

2. Headphones jack only outputting mono after dolby access install

Hi,

The headphones issue that you encountered after installing the audio program can be related to a possible licensing issue. The software that you're using offers an in-app purchase and it's best to contact the developer for further support. On the other hand,
    we suggest that you use Windows Sonic as an alternative for the audio output by following the steps below:

• Right click on the speaker icon located on the notification area.
    • Select Spatial sound.
    • Under the Spatial sound tab, select Windows Sonic for Headphones
      from the drop-down list.
    • Click OK.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Headphones jack only outputting mono after dolby access install

HI

I tried all he above suggestions. initially when i plug my headphones on the fron 3.5 mm jack stereo sound works fine. So I went on to dolby access to try and test dolby atmos. Once it started and when i tested a video the audio quality goes bad and then
    if i went on to test the audio from windows configuration I only get mono output.

Definitely Dolby access is causing this. It is not just me this is an issue with many cases i have noticed online. U need to help please.

hariharansivakumar, Sep 12, 2019
  4. mc_04 Win User

Headphones only outputting audio in mono

Stereo/mono output per device

I've got an old laptop with one damaged speaker that doesn't output any sound. I've found the mono audio setting in the accessibility settings, but that's system-wide. I want to be able to still get stereo audio from the headphone jack or HDMI, but I can't
    find anything in the speaker/sound driver settings. Is there some kind of utility that can enable this, or something I'm missing?

mc_04, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Headphones only outputting audio in mono

1. Headphones only outputting audio in mono - Similar Threads - Headphones outputting audio

2. Using the output jack as a mono input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using the output jack as a mono input: Is there a driver that exists that will allow the headphone output jack to be switched to take an input signal? this would be similar to an audio interface taking in a microphone signal and allowing for it to be recorded into a DAW. I Know mac used to allow this feature. It...
  3. Headphones cannot connect in stereo only mono

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones cannot connect in stereo only mono: My headphones JBL Live 400BT work fine when connected through the wire in both stereo and mono. However when I connect through Bluetooth I can only switch my output device to JBL LIVE400BT Hands-Free which I am pretty certain is the mono version of the headphones. Previously...
  4. Headphones cannot connect in stereo only mono

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones cannot connect in stereo only mono: My headphones JBL Live 400BT work fine when connected through the wire in both stereo and mono. However when I connect through Bluetooth I can only switch my output device to JBL LIVE400BT Hands-Free which I am pretty certain is the mono version of the headphones. Previously...
  5. Headphone audio from one side only, not mono

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone audio from one side only, not mono: So, I do not know what is the problem, my computer is completely up to date, with every driver also updated. I checked if the sound was on zero in the levels tab, i checked if it was in mono, i cleaned my headphone jack on the laptop, but sound is still only coming from one...
  6. Make audio output mono

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make audio output mono: [ATTACH] How do I make it so that the audio output is mono? https://preview.redd.it/bwmy6couaq961.png?width=242&format=png&auto=webp&s=9af7afeb2da85abe6a1eaa038603f8e7926f984e submitted by /u/36_foxtrot [link] [comments]...
  7. Mono audio troubles

Mono audio troubles: Hi, I’ve been having some problems with the audio in my pc... it seems as though no matter what I do it’s always mono audio. The mono audio setting is off and the realtek audio console is no help to this issue at all. When I turn my main volume slider in the Realtek console...
  8. Audio output from headphones not functional

Audio output from headphones not functional: whenever I unplug my headphones then re-plug them my PC can no longer detect their presence and only plays from PC speakers. this issue is solved when I restart my PC, I can't keep restarting my PC every time I unplug my headphones. Nothing seems off with my sound drivers....
  9. Some videos only play audio if mono audio is turn on

Some videos only play audio if mono audio is turn on: Starting a few days ago some videos on youtube and twitter would not play any audio at all, however my volume mixer would act as if they were playing audio even though no sound was coming out of my headset. After some messing around I discovered that the muted videos would...
  10. Mono audio forced in headphones (and other strange effects)

Mono audio forced in headphones (and other strange effects): Issues: Whenever I play any audio, the sound is distorted. Specifically, instrumental music often echoes, as if the computer is simulating audio in a cave. Some instruments are also muted. Any voices are either muted, distorted (like a bad connection on a phone call), or made...