Windows 10: Headphones only using left ear on pc

Discus and support Headphones only using left ear on pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My headphones are only working on one ear on my pc. I've tried it on a Switch and a phone, they work perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WindowsVienna, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Headphones only using left ear on pc

My headphones are only working on one ear on my pc. I've tried it on a Switch and a phone, they work perfectly

:)

WindowsVienna, Jun 19, 2021

2. Headphones only playing in the left ear, driving me mad

I have Windows 10, and my headphones will only play into the left ear, and my right ear is completely muted. I know it's a problem with the computer since I've switched headphones and still had the problem and my headphones worked fine with another device.

I've already looked at multiple threads and haven't found anything that works yet.

I've already check the balance under my speakers' properties, and they were both equal.

I've updated the drivers, and when that didn't work, I uninstalled them and restarted my computer, which reinstalled them for my automatically with the latest versions.

I've even tried blowing into the socket like some people said.

I couldn't try one suggestion because I only have one audio input about how the right ear playing if you plugged a different pair of headphones into another port, and it could be fixed by half plugging headphones into one port while fully plugging other
    ones into the other.

I seriously have no idea what's going on. What else could be going wrong here??

HaroldVing, Jun 19, 2021
  3. mallack Win User
    Best in-ear headphones?

Hi,

I am looking for best in-ear headphones in $50 price range. Since I like music while doing workouts,
    Zagg Smartbuds seems to be the best choice. Maybe you can suggest something else or say your opinions about Smartbuds?

mallack, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Headphones only using left ear on pc

My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of the headphone?

This could be due to the change in Balance levels of the playback device. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds
    • Select your headphone, and click on Properties.
    • Click on Balance under Levels
      tab, adjust Left and Right to the same levels.
    • Save the changes and check if the issue persists.

For more troubleshooting tips on audio issues, refer Fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Headphones only using left ear on pc

1. Headphones only using left ear on pc - Similar Threads - Headphones using left

2. Left ear on headphones not working and test doesnt work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left ear on headphones not working and test doesnt work: Hello,My headphones arent playing out the left ear on them when using on Windows 10. I have tried using the test sound option but it only plays twice out of the right ear when it normally plays left then right ear. I have tried the balance option but it only shows 1 and 2 and...
  3. Left ear on headphones not working and test doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left ear on headphones not working and test doesnt work: Hello,My headphones arent playing out the left ear on them when using on Windows 10. I have tried using the test sound option but it only plays twice out of the right ear when it normally plays left then right ear. I have tried the balance option but it only shows 1 and 2 and...
  4. HEADPHONES ONLY PLAYS ON ONE EAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEADPHONES ONLY PLAYS ON ONE EAR: I have this normal headphone that used to play normal on both sides. I later found out that it plays on only the right ear so I taught i should change it. I purchased a new one of the same brandImporter Handsfree. When I slide the jack into my pc, it plays only on the left...
  5. HEADPHONES ONLY PLAYS ON ONE EAR

HEADPHONES ONLY PLAYS ON ONE EAR: I have this normal headphone that used to play normal on both sides. I later found out that it plays on only the right ear so I taught i should change it. I purchased a new one of the same brandImporter Handsfree. When I slide the jack into my pc, it plays only on the left...
  6. Headphones only working in left ear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones only working in left ear.: I have just built myself a brand new pc and I have plugged in my regular headphones that work perfectly fine on other devices and audio is only coming through the left ear. I have checked the balancing and it says that both are fine. The troubleshooter says nothing is wrong,...
  7. Headphones only working in left ear.

Headphones only working in left ear.: I have just built myself a brand new pc and I have plugged in my regular headphones that work perfectly fine on other devices and audio is only coming through the left ear. I have checked the balancing and it says that both are fine. The troubleshooter says nothing is wrong,...
  8. Headphones only working in left ear.

9. HEADPHONES SUDDENLY ONLY WORKS ON LEFT EAR!

HEADPHONES SUDDENLY ONLY WORKS ON LEFT EAR!: It 's only been an hour since I used the headphones. They had no issue at all before but when I use them now after barely an hour, only one side works. I've tried checking the cable to see if that was the issue but it's not. I'm really frustrated as to how this happened as...
  10. Sound only playing in left ear

Sound only playing in left ear: I plugged in a splitter cable to use my headphones as a microphone but now only the left ear plays audio, I updated my computer and restarted it so I don't know why it isn't working. It works fine without the splitter cable....