Windows 10: "Headphones" option doesn't work when mic is on

Discus and support "Headphones" option doesn't work when mic is on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my headphones seem to work just fine when I'm doing anything that doesn't require a mic, but when I do something that requires my mic like joining a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dan Markovits, May 5, 2020.

1. "Headphones" option doesn't work when mic is on

my headphones seem to work just fine when I'm doing anything that doesn't require a mic, but when I do something that requires my mic like joining a discord call, playing a game with voice chat or using even the instant replay on Nvidia GeForce Experience, all of a sudden my headphones gets muted but my mic does work.

That seems to be a problem with all wireless headphones I have, and only on windows 10, on both my, and my brother's computer.

I found out that I can switch the output device from "Headphones [headphones name]" to "Headset [headphones name]", this way the mic does work, but the sound the headphone produce is inferior poorer sound, and no difference between the left and right channels.

Why does windows 10 separate them and how can I get both my mic to work and have the superior audio?

:)

Dan Markovits, May 5, 2020
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

Aman, May 5, 2020
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, May 5, 2020
  4. "Headphones" option doesn't work when mic is on

Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me "Headphones" option doesn't work when mic is on :)

GiancarlosGarza, May 5, 2020
Thema:

"Headphones" option doesn't work when mic is on

1. "Headphones" option doesn't work when mic is on - Similar Threads - Headphones option doesn't

2. Mic from headphone doesn't work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic from headphone doesn't work on Windows 10: I have 2 microphone and both of them doesn't work while recording. They work on phones. On my pc, I can only hear music but can't record sound. But whenever I record, mic record sound from pc likes youtube music with noisy and low frequency. I did every solutions that I found...
  3. Mic from headphone doesn't work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic from headphone doesn't work on Windows 10: I have 2 microphone and both of them doesn't work while recording. They work on phones. On my pc, I can only hear music but can't record sound. But whenever I record, mic record sound from pc likes youtube music with noisy and low frequency. I did every solutions that I found...
  4. Mic from headphone doesn't work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work

Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work: I just bought a new headset and I've had problems with my audio jack but somehow fixed it after days of looking. My headset isn't detected at all but the sound goes through while the mic on the headset just doesn't work and neither show up in disabled devices either. What can...
  6. Headphones with mic not working

Headphones with mic not working: Hi, I'm having a problem with my headphones that have a mic on them, the mic does not work. The headphones also show up as headphones instead of headset which I'm assuming is the problem. Anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  7. Headphones work but mic doesn't

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones work but mic doesn't: I got headphones with a mic attached and when I plug in the headphones sound comes through them but the mic doesn't work. I've tried disabling the built-in mic on the computer and when I do that and test out the headphone mic alone it doesn't pick up any audio. I'm using...
  8. Headphone Mic not working

Headphone Mic not working: Hello, My headphone mic is not working. I've literally tried everything. I have checked privacy settings. I have check all sound properties the mic is working and coming up on the levels with green bars but anytime im on chat or the xbox game bar it doesnt...
  9. Headphones mic not working

Headphones mic not working: So i just got a new laptop dell g3 15 and my microphone does not work i checked device manager sound,video and games controller and my mic wasn't there...Headphones work good and everything ,the first day mic worked fine and then it disappeared,so now i only can use my...
  10. Mic not working when headphones plugged in

Mic not working when headphones plugged in: When I don't have headphones in, my mic works just fine. But as soon as I plug in my headphones (into the ONLY headphone jack, mind you) the mic stops working and I can't get it to work anymore. I've tried updating drivers, manually downloading and installing drivers, etc....