Windows 10: Headphones outputting sound, yet Windows doesn't recognize them

Discus and support Headphones outputting sound, yet Windows doesn't recognize them in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having trouble with sound. After a period of no sound, if I try to start sound again, there's about a 2-4 second delay before the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlueMoon3, Dec 30, 2018.

1. BlueMoon3 Win User

Headphones outputting sound, yet Windows doesn't recognize them

Hi, I've been having trouble with sound. After a period of no sound, if I try to start sound again, there's about a 2-4 second delay before the sound starts. And it doesn't start from the beginning, its like it was muted until it started. I've tried updating my drivers and changing them, but I've found that the problem is most likely that Windows isn't listing my headphones as a audio output. Yet, I can still hear sound in my headphones, albeit, again, with a delay. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

BlueMoon3, Dec 30, 2018

2. Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 30, 2018
  3. No Sound Through Headphones

Hello! I've already read through many of the similar questions on this forum, however none of the solutions seem to work.
    Sound comes through perfectly fine on my laptop's built-in speakers. However, when plugging my headphones into the 3.5mm headset jack, there is no sound whatsoever. The system recognizes that my headset is plugged in. In fact, the microphone on my headset functions perfectly when plugged in, but the headphones themselves are outputting no sound.
    I tested the headphones on other computers and devices, and they work.
    In Device Manager, the device is listed as "Realtek High Definition Audio". However, the only sound device listed in Control Panel is "DTS Audio Control Panel".
    I've tried uninstalling the audio device from Device Manager, and then reinstalling the driver from Realtek's website.
    However, this is met with the exact same results... no sound through the headphones, and "DTS Audio Manager" is installed in the Control Panel instead of Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    If I navigate to Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback, "Headphones" is not listed as a device. Instead, Speakers/Headphones is listen as the sole device.
    Also, I ran DirectX Diagnostic Tool, and it returned absolutely no errors.
    I have posted screenshots and a few of my system specifications just in case.
    Thank You!
    Model: HP ZBook 17 G2
    Headphones outputting sound, yet Windows doesn't recognize them [​IMG]

DrummerZack, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Headphones outputting sound, yet Windows doesn't recognize them

Headphones jack only outputting mono after dolby access install

Hi,

The headphones issue that you encountered after installing the audio program can be related to a possible licensing issue. The software that you're using offers an in-app purchase and it's best to contact the developer for further support. On the other hand,
    we suggest that you use Windows Sonic as an alternative for the audio output by following the steps below:

• Right click on the speaker icon located on the notification area.
    • Select Spatial sound.
    • Under the Spatial sound tab, select Windows Sonic for Headphones
      from the drop-down list.
    • Click OK.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Headphones outputting sound, yet Windows doesn't recognize them

1. Headphones outputting sound, yet Windows doesn't recognize them - Similar Threads - Headphones outputting sound

2. Wireless Beats headphones not recognized as audio output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Beats headphones not recognized as audio output: My Beats Studio 3 headphones can connect via bluetooth to my Windows 11 laptop HP ENVY x360 2-in-1 Laptop 15-ew0xxx, but I cannot select them as an audio output. These headphones work perfectly fine on other devices, and my computer can connect to and play audio from other...
  3. W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......: Dell laptop with its dock's headphone output connected to external speakers. Was working but now W10 doesn't display the headphone output as an option in sound settings. So audio only comes out of the laptop's speakers. How do I remind W10 that it needs to work properly?And...
  4. W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......: Dell laptop with its dock's headphone output connected to external speakers. Was working but now W10 doesn't display the headphone output as an option in sound settings. So audio only comes out of the laptop's speakers. How do I remind W10 that it needs to work properly?And...
  5. W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows can't recognize my headphone as an audio output

Windows can't recognize my headphone as an audio output: Dear Microsoft community,I'm having an issue with audio output. when I plug my headphone into the audio output jack port, nothing happens and windows continue to work on the Speaker. I don't know what would cause this problem to happen, but it doesn't work until I reboot the...
  7. BT Headphones sound output and mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BT Headphones sound output and mic: I have a problem with my Bluetooth headset. When connected to Bluetooth on WIN10, I get two audio devices one are headphones and others are hands free device. When I use headphones only they work fine, outputting audio normally but as soon as I turn on the microphone in...
  8. On connecting bluetooth headphones, one app doesn't switch its output to them

in Windows 10 Customization
    On connecting bluetooth headphones, one app doesn't switch its output to them: I use MS Surface Headphones 2 on a Win 10 desktop computer. When turning on my SH2, they become the new default audio output device on the computer, as they should. This way, audio output from the pc switches over to the Bluetooth headphones. Or at least that's the idea,...
  9. Windows doesn't recognize headphones and speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't recognize headphones and speakers: Hello, Recently I plug in Samsung SyncMaster SA450 monitor and my speakers and headphones doesn't work anymore. Windows recognize monitor as only audio device and thats all I can select in right bottom sound option, even thoe monitor doesnt have speakers. I tried:...
  10. Headphone jack not recognized as output device

Headphone jack not recognized as output device: Sometime recently, whenever I plug headphones into the jack, the computer tells me "You just plugged a device into the audio jack." But the sound keeps coming out of the laptop speakers. Headphones don't show up under output devices and the Realtek software only gives me two...