Windows 10: Headphones plugged in, but game audio coming through speakers.

Discus and support Headphones plugged in, but game audio coming through speakers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I plug in headphones and I can listen to music or youtube through the headphones, but when I try and play a game, the audio plays through my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheJollyReaper8, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Headphones plugged in, but game audio coming through speakers.

I plug in headphones and I can listen to music or youtube through the headphones, but when I try and play a game, the audio plays through my laptop speakers.

Is there any way to fix this and have everything playing in my headphones?

:)

TheJollyReaper8, Jul 9, 2019
  2. txstoby Win User

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

Just downloaded the most recent Windows 10 update. But now, even when my headphones are plugged in, I get audio from both the headphone and the internal speakers. Instead of a separate "speaker" and "headphone" sections in the sounds menu, it's listed
    as "Speaker/Headphone." Surely, this is not a feature people wanted. There is no problem when using Bluetooth headphones, just the audio jack.

MidKnight Swami, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Phantym03 Win User

Headphones plugged in, but game audio coming through speakers.

speakers + headphones plugged in - only headphones will play

I recently purchased a new Dell Inspirion gaming desktop. It has a combo jack on the front and the regular 7.1 channel audio jacks on the back. I have speakers plugged in the back and a headset/microphone plugged into the front...….as soon as I plug the
    headset into the front, then sound will only come from headphones.

when I click on the speaker icon in taskbar, it only shows "Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)." I have gone through all the options I can find and I see zero other available devices. As soon as I unplug the headset then the speakers immediately start
    working.

Is there not a way to switch between hearing the speakers and hearing the headphones without unplugging the headset?

Phantym03, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Headphones plugged in, but game audio coming through speakers.

1. Headphones plugged in, but game audio coming through speakers. - Similar Threads - Headphones plugged game

2. Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.: Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-are-plugged-in-but-the-sound-doesnt/2a389b87-44a4-48e1-aec4-1196dc19689c
  3. Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.: Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-are-plugged-in-but-the-sound-doesnt/2a389b87-44a4-48e1-aec4-1196dc19689c
  4. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  5. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  6. Audio Issues "No speakers or headphones plugged in."

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Issues "No speakers or headphones plugged in.": Hello everyone, 2019 iMac 21.5 windows bootcamp my audio isn't working and whenever I hover over it, it says "No speakers or headphones plugged in." But I have my headphones plugged in and it says that all of my PC's built in speakers all unplugged, but they're all plugged...
  7. Make audio play through laptop speakers while headphones plugged in but headphone and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make audio play through laptop speakers while headphones plugged in but headphone and...: So i wanted to record with my headphone mic but let the audio play through the laptop, but when I open the sound settings, they both for some reason use the same realtek HD Audio speaker, and I can't disable just the headphone audio or anything, is there a fix or a way for me...
  8. Headphones plugged in but audio coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones plugged in but audio coming from speakers: Hi, this problem has been annoying me for days so I thought I'd post here. A few months ago I got wireless earbuds. I ended up returning them and after that the problems started. When I plugged in my headphones the audio was playing out loud. I disabled bluetooth and it...
  9. audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"

audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in": hi, i've been having serious audio issues with my computer, an asus x555ya, for almost three weeks now. the sound icon on my taskbar has a red x on it. i've tried every single solution on the internet to no avail; attempted to update/reinstall my audio driver only to find out...
  10. Audio will not come through my headphones, only my speakers.

Audio will not come through my headphones, only my speakers.: Sound only comes out of my Surface Book speakers and not through my headphones in the headphone jack. I have switched the headphones being used and restarted my computer multiple times, but nothing is helping. My PC detects that the headphones are plugged in, but still sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio in game coming through speakers