Windows 10: Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in"

Discus and support Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Everything functioned fine until yesterday when I attempted to play Modern Warfare with my friend and I realized windows wasn't registering that my mic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MacNeilRuston, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in"

Everything functioned fine until yesterday when I attempted to play Modern Warfare with my friend and I realized windows wasn't registering that my mic was plugged in. I've tried 3 different headphones, 4 different aux cords, and two different aux ports and all of them have fully functioning audio but none of the mics are registering that they are plugged in. I've updated, uninstalled, and reinstalled every driver related to audio. Every application has microphone access. What could the issue possibly be?

:)

MacNeilRuston, Nov 28, 2020

2. Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.

I have a headset with a mic that I plug into a splitter the splitter has a headphone and mic jack that are plugged into their own specific slots. They have been working fine for the past 6 months, up until as of this morning. Where only one of them function
    at a time. When I plug in the headphone port it works fine until I plug in the mic where I will get a notification that something has been unplugged from the headphone jack even though both jacks are plugged in. If I plug in the mic first and then the headphones
    I get the same unplugged audio jack notification except for the mic which then proceeds to not work. Please help I have online class today and I need the microphone and headphones working at the same time.

MeatballJones, Nov 28, 2020
  3. BlueMoon3 Win User
    Mic not working when headphones plugged in

When I don't have headphones in, my mic works just fine. But as soon as I plug in my headphones (into the ONLY headphone jack, mind you) the mic stops working and I can't get it to work anymore. I've tried updating drivers, manually downloading and installing
    drivers, etc. another problem that i feel has to do with this is the fact that headphones aren't showing up in my playback list. I try to go to my headphone drivers, and they all give me an error 45, "This Hardware device is not connected to the computer"
    (even though it obviously is). My headphones work perfectly fine, but apparently they're registering them as speakers. If you need me to go into more detail in anything I can.

BlueMoon3, Nov 28, 2020
  4. BlueMoon3 Win User

Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in"

Mic not working when headphones plugged in

Still not working. I tried all three solutions, and yet my mic still isnt working with headphones plugged in. I've tried to use the headphones on other devices and it seems to be working.

BlueMoon3, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in"

1. Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in" - Similar Threads - Headphones plugged mic

2. mic showing not plugged in even it is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mic showing not plugged in even it is plugged in: Hi,I have a new headphone and Microphone but for some reason it's not working, I check the settings and it is saying it isn't pkug in. However, I am sure that it is plugged in. This happened when I updated to windows 11....
  3. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  4. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  5. Plugging mic into headphone jack

6. Mic not plugged in when it is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not plugged in when it is plugged in: For a good while now maybe since November 2021 my headset mic hasn't been working and when i check Sound in control panel it says my mic isn't plugged in however it is and I've tried troubleshooting but it still says its not plugged in I've also tried looking at youtube...
  7. Mic not plugged in when it is plugged in

Mic not plugged in when it is plugged in: For a good while now maybe since November 2021 my headset mic hasn't been working and when i check Sound in control panel it says my mic isn't plugged in however it is and I've tried troubleshooting but it still says its not plugged in I've also tried looking at youtube...
  8. Mic not plugged in, but it is.

Mic not plugged in, but it is.: I use the HyperX Cloud Alpha and the mic has been working perfectly for 6 months. But as soon as i installed a Windows update on the 30th of June, the mic was in the headset and now it shows it as unplugged, i have tried the troubleshooter and all it says is that it is...
  9. headphone plugging

headphone plugging: hi My computer does not display that the headphones as one of the sounds in the Control Panel, even when the headphones are plugged in. I cannot set the headphones to default! Please help!...
  10. Mic not working when headphones plugged in

Mic not working when headphones plugged in: When I don't have headphones in, my mic works just fine. But as soon as I plug in my headphones (into the ONLY headphone jack, mind you) the mic stops working and I can't get it to work anymore. I've tried updating drivers, manually downloading and installing drivers, etc....