Windows 10: Headphones Problem

Discus and support Headphones Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plug in my headphones, it does not ask what type of input it is as it usually does. However, it still plays audio as normal. But at the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanSher1, Jul 21, 2021.

1. DanSher1 Win User

Headphones Problem

When I plug in my headphones, it does not ask what type of input it is as it usually does. However, it still plays audio as normal. But at the same time, audio plays out of the computer's speakers. I can scroll the computer volume and change the volume of both the headphones and speakers, but when I press the mute button altogether, it mutes the speakers but not the headphones.I suspect this may be a hardware issue. My computer when I got it, the mic and headphone ports both had a ring on the outsidesee photo below. But recently, the ring for the headphone jack just disappearedpresumably af

:)

DanSher1, Jul 21, 2021

2. [WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Earphone/Headphone Problem

Hello Debapratim,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share these details.

• Have you made any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• What is the make and model of the head phone?

• Is the issue specific to this head phone?

I suggest you to Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the MSA to test if that helps with this issue.

Also install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to refer the suggestions from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

For headphone issues

I would suggest you to set headphone as default device and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

a) Right Click on the sound icon
    at the bottom left corner at the taskbar.

b) Click on Playback devices.

c) Check if you are able to find the iconheadphone in the list of connected playback devices.

d) If yes, clickon the icon and then click on
    Set default option

e) Click on Apply and then onOK.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on“Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select
    “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option:
    “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the
    restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 21, 2021
  4. caperjack Win User

Headphones Problem

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Headphones Problem

1. Headphones Problem - Similar Threads - Headphones Problem

2. Problems using mic with my Bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems using mic with my Bluetooth headphones: I am using Sony WCH-CH510 Bluetooth wireless headphones with my Windows 10 Dell Latitude 7420 laptop. I am seeing a very weird behavior in the PC whenever I try using the microphone of the headphone. The applications do not release the microphone resource after using it. For...
  3. problem in detecting headphone/microphone/earphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem in detecting headphone/microphone/earphone: my dell inspiron_3593 is not detecting earphone. I don't listen any sound on any earphone and headphones. Can you suggest me any drivers to install or any idea to fix it out. Thank you....
  4. Realtek drivers headphones detection problem.

Realtek drivers headphones detection problem.: From past some days my headphone are acting strange. when i disconnect and reconnect them they dont get recoginzed. but if reboot the system they work fine until disconnet them and in task bar and sound panel there is no headphone device only realtek speaker is visible. as...
  5. Headphone Audio Problems

Headphone Audio Problems: I got a new pair of headphones and when I plug them in they work and the noise registers but I hear no audio. Also the mic isn't working. The window's troubleshooter updated the audio drivers and it didn't fix the problem. Any advice?...
  6. problems with bluetooth headphones windows 10

problems with bluetooth headphones windows 10: About 3 weeks now my bluetooth headphones have played music and videos slow and distorted on my laptop. They work fine with my phone and always worked fine with my laptop but suddenly they only work with my phone and not the laptop. I have followed advice given about drivers...
  7. Headphones arctis 9X problem with Bluetooth cannot use stereo and mic I need to chose lower...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones arctis 9X problem with Bluetooth cannot use stereo and mic I need to chose lower...: I paid allot of many for these headphones and I don't understand why it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-arctis-9x-problem-with-bluetooth-cannot/9837440a-783e-471a-8aca-1a68e7579183
  8. Headphones’ problems on Windows OS 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones’ problems on Windows OS 10.: I recently bought some headphones. But when I plugged them in, they didnt work well. To tell the truth, I had bought an adaptor, where it can plug to both my inputs. The one is for microphone and the other for headphones. When I plugged them in and launched Fortnite, when I...
  9. Bluetooth headphone connection problem following Windows 10 update

Bluetooth headphone connection problem following Windows 10 update: Hi I have a pair of Sony headphones model WH-1000XM3 which I use via Bluetooth. Following the Windows 10 update yesterday, each time I turn off or hibernate my laptop then turn it back on, the headphones no longer connect automatically. I've tried turning Bluetooth off...
  10. Problem with headphone connection

Problem with headphone connection: when I connected headphone to my laptop, it stop work and started make noise. The laptop speakers works just fine. I'm using this laptop around 2 month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-headphone-connection/3e8748bc-fea9-41ee-8bab-bac079935dd8