Windows 10: Headphones produce no sound

Discus and support Headphones produce no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a Genesis Cobalt 300 headphones and I've tried everything(updated realtek drivers, rolled back to many versions,uninstalled them,repaired them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dineristov, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Headphones produce no sound

I got a Genesis Cobalt 300 headphones and I've tried everything(updated realtek drivers, rolled back to many versions,uninstalled them,repaired them etc.) i also had a problem where my headphones would get recognized as speakers but fixed that, now they're marked as Realtek HD Audio 2nd output.

The headphones got a microphone and the microphone is working flawlessly without any errors, the only problem i have is that they do not produce any sound. And no, it's not a hardware problem, i tried other gaming headphones on this PC and what happens is that the microphone works well but there's no sound output whatsoever.

I tried finding tutorials on youtube and tried them all but nothing fixes this problem. To make myself look silly, i even updated my BIOS which i don't even think it has to do with anything that's correlated to my problem.

My monitor has speakers and has a sound output via the HDMI cable. It also has a 3.5m headphone jack that's working fine with my JBL earphones. I tried fitting the Cobalt 300 headphones there and there was no sound output as well.

I also tried troubleshooting the problem several times, as well as downloading driver updater apps, nothing works..

As i mentioned, tried out multiple realtek audio drivers, but nothing solves this issue, I don't know what to do, hopefully people will see this and help me out.

:)

dineristov, Jan 24, 2019

2. Headphones not producing sound

I got a pair of earbuds said to work with my computer. I plugged them in and the sound wont produce through the earbuds, but the speakers. I can hear it through the speakers on the computer, but not the earbuds. The same thing also happened to my headphones.
    Is there something wrong with the computer? I have a windows 8 Gateway laptop.

Tylermiller14, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Headphones produce no sound

I got a Genesis Cobalt 300 headphones and I've tried everything(updated realtek drivers, rolled back to many versions,uninstalled them,repaired them etc.) i also had a problem where my headphones would get recognized as speakers but fixed that, now they're
    marked as Realtek HD Audio 2nd output.

The headphones got a microphone and the microphone is working flawlessly without any errors, the only problem i have is that they do not produce any sound. And no, it's not a hardware problem, i tried other gaming headphones on this PC and what happens is
    that the microphone works well but there's no sound output whatsoever.

I tried finding tutorials on youtube and tried them all but nothing fixes this problem. To make myself look silly, i even updated my BIOS which i don't even think it has to do with anything that's correlated to my problem.

My monitor has speakers and has a sound output via the HDMI cable. It also has a 3.5m headphone jack that's working fine with my JBL earphones. I tried fitting the Cobalt 300 headphones there and there was no sound output as well.

I also tried troubleshooting the problem several times, as well as downloading driver updater apps, nothing works..

As i mentioned, tried out multiple realtek audio drivers, but nothing solves this issue, I don't know what to do, hopefully people will see this and help me out.

dineristov, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Headphones produce no sound

No sound through headphones

Hello Sander,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to provide me with the following information.

• What is the make and model of the headphones?

• Have you tried connecting the headphones to another jack or another computer and checked if they are working?
    Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers
    automatically cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

Note:
    If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or
    hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    If issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

This happens when you have the speakers set to default. We need to set the headphones as default. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Perform the task mentioned below to set speakers as default.

• Go to Start and click on control Panel.

• Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

• In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.

• Now check if the headphone is listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

• Highlight that headphone and click on "Set as Default".

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Preethu” replied on April 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Headphones not working in Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Headphones produce no sound

1. Headphones produce no sound - Similar Threads - Headphones produce sound

2. My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound: So, my PC plays microphone quality sound into my headphones, and when i want to switch to my normal headphone sound, it produces no sound at all....
  3. My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound: So, my PC plays microphone quality sound into my headphones, and when i want to switch to my normal headphone sound, it produces no sound at all....
  4. new headphones not producing sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new headphones not producing sound: Hi,I bought a new headphones and wants to use it for my recording.It installs and saying the device is ready, however, it doesn't even work in my computer but working in my laptop. What may be the reason behind this?...
  5. new headphones not producing sound

new headphones not producing sound: Hi,I bought a new headphones and wants to use it for my recording.It installs and saying the device is ready, however, it doesn't even work in my computer but working in my laptop. What may be the reason behind this?...
  6. new headphones not producing sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. new headphones not producing sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new headphones not producing sound: Hi,I bought a new headphone. I updated the driver and saying the device is ready to use. I tried using it but it doesn't produce any sounds.Tied it to other device and it works fine it seems the issue is on my computer. Please help....
  8. new headphones not producing sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new headphones not producing sound: Hi,I bought a new headphone. I updated the driver and saying the device is ready to use. I tried using it but it doesn't produce any sounds.Tied it to other device and it works fine it seems the issue is on my computer. Please help....
  9. new headphones not producing sound

10. Headphones Detected but no sound is produced

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones Detected but no sound is produced: Hi everyone,Acer Nitro 5 - Windows 10Regular audio is working but when I plugged in three pairs of headphones no audio was produced. Headphones RealtekR Audio is detected. I have turned audio enhancements off and have updated the drivers but nothing is working. Earlier this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i produce sound when earphones are plugged in