Windows 10: Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...

Discus and support Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had this problem for a while now. It has corrected itself in the past but the latest update has brought this up again. What would be the most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by melasupala, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...

I've had this problem for a while now. It has corrected itself in the past but the latest update has brought this up again. What would be the most painless way of correcting this issue. Running troubleshooter does nothing. It would mean a lot to get this fixed as painlessly as possible, as I use Skype and Discord regularly.

I have a Cyberpower gaming PC which come with built in headset and mic jack in the front. The order came with a complimentary Headset with uses both jacks.

I own an Anker SoundCore Sport stereo speaker which is connected via Bluetooth.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the Realtek HD Audio manager, updated it's drivers, and it still has the issue.

I've uninstalled the headset device from the Device Manager. Tried plugging in a different headset, and tried plugging it into the front and back headset/mic jacks. It still recognizes them as speaker and mic and not just a headset.

The only "headset" and "mic" that it being recognized is the Anker SoundCore Bluetooth Stereo.

I've tried uninstalling Anker Soundcore stereo and reinstalled the device but every time it is auto-recognized and installed as a headset device...

Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa... b4e112c4-6b26-4a39-8b08-b80b15853438?upload=true.png

The option changes nothing. Anything plugged into the analog jack will be recognized as a speaker.

Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa... 91d7645e-476f-4b97-9799-d7888bb578f2?upload=true.png

:)

melasupala, Jul 16, 2018

2. plugging in headphones doesn't start them working and turn off the internal speakers and vice versa

Plugging in headphones doesn't start them working and turn off the internal speakers and vice versa. I have to switch them manually in the Sound settings. Used to work fine in Windows 8

Larry and Gloria Mastic, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...

Speaker recognized as headphones.

Hello @auioohi , welcome to tenforums! Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa... :)

Change the name of it, (and the icon, if you wish)

Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa... [​IMG]

Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa... [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...

1. Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa... - Similar Threads - Headphones recognized speakers

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones recognized as Speakers: im just ading the answer here since i researched a lot for an answer and none was helpful , this helped me if it might work for you after the last step you can rename your realtech hd 2nd audo to headphones :...
  3. Headphones recognized as Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones recognized as Speakers: So recently my headphones Hyperx Cloud 2 didn't work anymore there was this static noise so i send them to the company where i got them from to repair them and they said they could not repair them so i got my money back and i got a new pair of Hyperx cloud 2s but now they...
  4. Headphones recognized as Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones recognized as Speakers: So recently my headphones Hyperx Cloud 2 didn't work anymore there was this static noise so i send them to the company where i got them from to repair them and they said they could not repair them so i got my money back and i got a new pair of Hyperx cloud 2s but now they...
  5. Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.: I have been having a problem with the audio not switching whenever I plug my headphones in or take them out. It used to work before where I plugged my headphones in and the audio from the speakers would automatically switch but now, I have no clue what caused this issue. Now...
  6. Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.: I have been having a problem with the audio not switching whenever I plug my headphones in or take them out. It used to work before where I plugged my headphones in and the audio from the speakers would automatically switch but now, I have no clue what caused this issue. Now...
  7. Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.

8. Headphone recognized as speakers

Headphone recognized as speakers: I recently bought the Eksa 900 pro headset, and, because I want the lights on the headset to be used, I use the usb connection mode. Here comes the problem: when I connect my headset do the computer, who doesn't have either realtek HD audio manager nor realtek audio console,...
  9. Headphone recognized as speakers

Headphone recognized as speakers: I have a pair of rear speakers and table microphone plugged in to the rear jacks and headset plugged in to the front, all devices are working fine except that the computer doesn't distinguish between speakers and headphones as my headset is recognized as speakers. Is it...
  10. Speaker recognized as headphones.

Speaker recognized as headphones.: Hello, this is my first but not last post. Happy NY, in between. *Smile I have bluetooth speaker Sony SRS-XB10 that is always recognized as headphones. I'm pissed off and I don't know what's problem and how can I fix it. Google didn't help! 101924

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth headphones recognized as headset