Windows 10: Headphones recognized but no audio

Discus and support Headphones recognized but no audio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I purchased an MSI P65 Creator 9SD laptop during the summer for school. Since then, it has worked well for most things, but 2-3 times over the past 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheManofDerp, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Headphones recognized but no audio

I purchased an MSI P65 Creator 9SD laptop during the summer for school. Since then, it has worked well for most things, but 2-3 times over the past 5 months, the audio has stopped working for the 3.5 mm jack. The built-in speakers and Bluetooth headphones work fine. When I plug in my headphones, a notification at the bottom right pops up indicating that they are recognized and audio plays for a split second then cuts outs. I feel like I’ve tried everything: I’ve restarted the computer, disabled and re-enabled Realtek audio drivers, updated drivers, deleted and reinstalled them from online, disabled audio enhancements, restarted from a system restore point, updated Windows 10, rolled back updates to Windows 10, and switched to the default “High Definition Audio Driver” I don’t know what else to do. In the past, the problem has solved itself seemingly randomly after a few days in that I would wake up and things would be back to normal. A real fix to the problem would be nice though. Thank you!
    submitted by /u/TheManofDerp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheManofDerp, Dec 2, 2020

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 2, 2020
  4. AhriChan Win User

Headphones recognized but no audio

Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Thanks for the Reply!,

So i tried the Troubleshooting option, but sadly it didnt help, it still was Quiet and the Headphones are still listed as 'Speakers' in the Sound Options, Screenshot:

Headphones recognized but no audio 83a5f9fe-bd83-4816-9bc0-aa31420d0faf.jpg

So i tried to do the Realtek Steps,

I opened the Realtek HD Audio Manager, then right clicked on the Green Jack (where my headphones are connected) but nothing happens.. I can double click and right click on it all-day, but nothing happens, nor any options open.

Headphones recognized but no audio 32e85868-94aa-4adb-a49f-9a020808e256.jpg

AhriChan, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Headphones recognized but no audio

1. Headphones recognized but no audio - Similar Threads - Headphones recognized audio

2. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  3. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  4. Wireless Beats headphones not recognized as audio output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Beats headphones not recognized as audio output: My Beats Studio 3 headphones can connect via bluetooth to my Windows 11 laptop HP ENVY x360 2-in-1 Laptop 15-ew0xxx, but I cannot select them as an audio output. These headphones work perfectly fine on other devices, and my computer can connect to and play audio from other...
  5. Wireless Beats headphones not recognized as audio output

Wireless Beats headphones not recognized as audio output: My Beats Studio 3 headphones can connect via bluetooth to my Windows 11 laptop HP ENVY x360 2-in-1 Laptop 15-ew0xxx, but I cannot select them as an audio output. These headphones work perfectly fine on other devices, and my computer can connect to and play audio from other...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  8. JBL headphones not recognized as audio device by bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    JBL headphones not recognized as audio device by bluetooth: I am trying to connect my JBL LIVE 650BTNC headphones to my Lenovo W541 using bluetooth. However my laptop is not able to recognize the device coorectly. Now although it shows up as a bluetooth device it somehow fails to see it as an audio device. It even pairs to the...
  9. AUDIO - Windows recognizes my headphones as spekers

AUDIO - Windows recognizes my headphones as spekers: Yeah, i plug in my headphones with mic and it recognizes my mic and a speaker, headphones option doesnt appear when trying to re task my connector thingy...
  10. Dolby Audio not recognizing Headphones

Dolby Audio not recognizing Headphones: I purchased a laptop that came with the Dolby Software. before i was able to connect my headphones and a "Headphone mode" would basically show up on the software so i can get a lot better quality with stronger bass, recently it completely stopped recognizing my headphones and...