Windows 10: Headphones showing up as "Not plugged in"

Discus and support Headphones showing up as "Not plugged in" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been using these Hyper X Cloud Revolver S gaming headphones for probably like a year now and suddenly I'm unable to switch to them. I confirmed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dark_Shit, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Headphones showing up as "Not plugged in"

I've been using these Hyper X Cloud Revolver S gaming headphones for probably like a year now and suddenly I'm unable to switch to them. I confirmed that the headphones themselves work just fine on my other windows laptop. I believe the most recent update caused this. However, when I uninstalled the update the issue persisted

I've tried installing the latest firmware found here: https://www.hyperxgaming.com/poland...loads?product=hx-hscrs-gm&filename=59035_0108. It said I was already up to date but I went ahead with the install anyways just to be sure.

I've also uninstalled two drivers from device manager

• Universal serial bus devices -> HyperX Cloud Revolver S
    • Sound video and game controllers -> High definition audio device

My usb driver automatically showed back up after a re-boot and the High definition audio device driver showed up again after I right clicked and selected "scan for hardware changes"

I'm totally stumped on what else I can try. I'm wondering if there's another driver causing issues that I missed or if it's something else entirely

submitted by /u/Dark_Shit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dark_Shit, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

The "Speakers" device is actually the front Headphones jack. My Headphones don't show up as it's own device in the list when they're plugged in. Nonetheless I tried your suggestion by plugging the Headphones in with the front jack as default, then I unplugged
    them, set the TV as default, and when plugging the headphones back in, it didn't recognize and stayed set to the TV. I have change it manually.

michaelschott, Sep 1, 2020
  4. txstoby Win User

Headphones showing up as "Not plugged in"

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Headphones showing up as "Not plugged in"

1. Headphones showing up as "Not plugged in" - Similar Threads - Headphones showing plugged

2. Notification when I plugged in a device in the headphone jack is no longer showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification when I plugged in a device in the headphone jack is no longer showing up: There was a notification? that showed up whenever I plugged in a device in the headphone jack and it would give me all these options like whether I'm plugging in earphones, in-ear device, over-ear-device and all that I'm probably not being exact about what it said but I...
  3. Notification when I plugged in a device in the headphone jack is no longer showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification when I plugged in a device in the headphone jack is no longer showing up: There was a notification? that showed up whenever I plugged in a device in the headphone jack and it would give me all these options like whether I'm plugging in earphones, in-ear device, over-ear-device and all that I'm probably not being exact about what it said but I...
  4. "Headphone not plugged in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Headphone not plugged in": Hi, I recently have faced this issue. My dell laptop has been working fine, but one day suddenly, I plugged in my headphones, and the following things happened:1:this image isn't mine, I couldn't screenshot the notif but it's this:2: I press "OK"3: When I play audio, it comes...
  5. "Headphone not plugged in"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Headphone not plugged in": Hi, I recently have faced this issue. My dell laptop has been working fine, but one day suddenly, I plugged in my headphones, and the following things happened:1:this image isn't mine, I couldn't screenshot the notif but it's this:2: I press "OK"3: When I play audio, it comes...
  6. "Headphone not plugged in"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headphones not showing up

Headphones not showing up: The wired headphones don't work. Only left side works. Wireless headphones work just fine. I tried using the same headphones on my phone and everything is fine, the problem only occurs on my laptop. I tried using USB c to headphone adapter but then I don't get any audio. I...
  8. headphone plugging

headphone plugging: hi My computer does not display that the headphones as one of the sounds in the Control Panel, even when the headphones are plugged in. I cannot set the headphones to default! Please help!...
  9. headphones not showing up

headphones not showing up: Hi there so I'm experiencing some issues with my headphones not being detected. I've tried several different methods including: turning the computer off then on again, disabling and enabling the headphones/speakers, uninstalling and reinstalling the headphones/speaker...
  10. headphones not showing up

headphones not showing up: Headphones make connection sound as computer has recognised them when plugged in to either USB port but they're not showing for use.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-showing-up/724f7e37-f5a2-4b6d-8be7-a287ea92c1ca