Windows 10: Headphones shown in "Other Devices" but not in Audio

Discus and support Headphones shown in "Other Devices" but not in Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have used my headphones on this computer for a year plus but now it stopped working. I have updated all of my drivers I have updated my computer &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KyleQueiro, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Headphones shown in "Other Devices" but not in Audio

I have used my headphones on this computer for a year plus but now it stopped working.

I have updated all of my drivers

I have updated my computer & Windows 10

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Headphones to Bluetooth

Whenever I connect the headphones, the PC says that I am ready to go but the headphones continue to blink as if they are not actually connected.

I have not been able to have sound on my computer for almost a week now.

:)

KyleQueiro, Dec 13, 2020

2. Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hi Cheriah,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the headphones get detected under Device manager?
    • Did you try installing the headphones driver on the PC?
    • Does the headphones work fine when connected to other computer?

You may be facing the above issue due to some of the system components conflicting with the headphones driver on the computer. You might also face the above issue if there is any hardware components missing from the headphones due to pulling the device
    abruptly.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if the headphone works on connecting to other computer. If the device works without any issues on other PC’s, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible audio
    drivers for Windows 10 OS from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: Set your headphone as your default audio device. To do so, follow these steps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select "Playback Devices".
    • On a empty space, right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
    • Check if your headphone is shown in the devices list.
    • If yes, right click on it select and Set as default device.
    Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Audio Headphone not working (headphone Option)

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

This may occur due to outdated drivers or the headphones are not set as default player. Try the following methods and check.

Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices.

Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational or technical problems within a hardware device.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Set your headphone as your default audio device. To do so, follow these steps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select "Playback Devices".
    • On a empty space, right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
    • Check if your headphone is shown in the devices list.
    • If yes, right click on it select and Set as default device.

Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Headphones shown in "Other Devices" but not in Audio

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Headphones shown in "Other Devices" but not in Audio

1. Headphones shown in "Other Devices" but not in Audio - Similar Threads - Headphones shown Devices

2. Sound Problems / Headphones and other audio devices not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Problems / Headphones and other audio devices not working: Hi thereI've had my PC for around 3-4 years and it has worked completely fine in that time. Only recently, for the past 4 months or so I've only been able to use sound through my monitor as trying to plug in headphones or earphones into both my front USB audio and mic jack...
  3. Sound Problems / Headphones and other audio devices not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Problems / Headphones and other audio devices not working: Hi thereI've had my PC for around 3-4 years and it has worked completely fine in that time. Only recently, for the past 4 months or so I've only been able to use sound through my monitor as trying to plug in headphones or earphones into both my front USB audio and mic jack...
  4. Sound Problems / Headphones and other audio devices not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices

bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices: My bluetooth headphones is connected but i cannot find it in the bluetooth and other devices, this applies to other bluetooth devices too and if i want to connect the bluetooth device, i need to uninstall my headphones driver then scan for hardware changes to connect. Can...
  6. Bluetooth headphones will not appear as audio output, and is shown but unavailable to...

Bluetooth headphones will not appear as audio output, and is shown but unavailable to...: [ATTACH] My TaoTronics TT-BH22 were working fine yesterday when they suddenly lost sound. This had happened multiple times before, so I decided to click "remove device" and then re-add it. It then went into the "other devices" section, and I figured out that the services...
  7. Headphone microphone shown to work in settings and other devices but not in the apps on my...

Headphone microphone shown to work in settings and other devices but not in the apps on my...: Hello, I've tried looking online for various solutions and none so far were satisfactory. When using the microphone from my headphones on Discord or through Zoom no audio is detected. However when going through the Windows audio settings it seems to be working fine. I have...
  8. Audio device not shown after shutdown

Audio device not shown after shutdown: Have MSI but after shutting down my pc shows that no audio device is installed. I tried installing drive agen from manufactorer webpage but didn't work. In Sound settings no devices are shown. Troubleshooting didn't show anything. In "device manager" there isn't "Sound video...
  9. Bluetooth headphones connected, but listed under "Other Devices" and not "Audio"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones connected, but listed under "Other Devices" and not "Audio": Am using a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adapter (The kind that plugs into the Motherboard, not a USB adapter) and obviously isn't exclusive to my headphones. I use it for my Xbox One Controller, which works as expected. Headphones do not show up under playback tab in the Sound settings...
  10. Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.

Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.: When I try and connect my Bluedio headphones to my Windows 10 pc through a generic USB bluetooth connector everything goes as planned and the headphones connect and pair initially as an audio device and then jumps to "other device"...of course I am getting no sound. Device...