Windows 10: Headphones sound is coming from opposite ear windows 10

Discus and support Headphones sound is coming from opposite ear windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my headphones which are the Plantronics rig 300hx, the sound is coming from the opposite ear, for example if im playing fortnite and I open a door on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VivaanShah, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Headphones sound is coming from opposite ear windows 10

my headphones which are the Plantronics rig 300hx, the sound is coming from the opposite ear, for example if im playing fortnite and I open a door on the right, the sound comes from the left headset ear. my temporary solution is to wear them backwards, wondering if there was a setting to switch the sound around and if anyone could help me. By the way, I use a laptop that is connected to my monitor, not a pc.

:)

VivaanShah, Sep 8, 2019

2. Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.

Hi,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to set the Headphone as the default device:

Open Control Panel and select Sound.

When the Sound dialog appears click the Playback tab.

Verify if the Headphone is listed and the right sound card listed under playback devices.

If so, right click the Headphone device and click on default playback device.

If they are not listed, Right click on the blank space and click on show disabled device.

If the Headphone gets listed,

Right click the “Headphone” select “Enable”. Right click the “Headphone” again and select “Set as default device” from the same list.

Click “Ok”. Now remove and reconnect the Headphone and check.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Sound simultaneously coming from headphones and speakers Windows 10

Description of audio problem Windows 10 HP laptop

When my headphones are plugged in, sound issues from both the headphones and the laptop’s speaker. (When I remove the headphones from my ears, I can still hear sound coming out from the speaker, as if the headphones were not plugged in.) In short,
    my laptop will not fully recognise my headphones; it ‘half-recognises’ headphones because sound simultaneously comes from the headphones and the speaker. My laptop has a 64 bit operating system. I have tried rolling back and updating the RealTek drivers, have
    installed Windows Updates, have run antivirus scans, and have searched tech forums for answers.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Audioaggravation11, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Headphones sound is coming from opposite ear windows 10

No sound through headphones

Hello Sander,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to provide me with the following information.

• What is the make and model of the headphones?

• Have you tried connecting the headphones to another jack or another computer and checked if they are working?
    Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers
    automatically cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

Note:
    If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or
    hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    If issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

This happens when you have the speakers set to default. We need to set the headphones as default. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Perform the task mentioned below to set speakers as default.

• Go to Start and click on control Panel.

• Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

• In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.

• Now check if the headphone is listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

• Highlight that headphone and click on "Set as Default".

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Preethu” replied on April 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Headphones not working in Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Headphones sound is coming from opposite ear windows 10

1. Headphones sound is coming from opposite ear windows 10 - Similar Threads - Headphones sound coming

2. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  3. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  4. Headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers on Window PC

in Windows 10 News
    Headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers on Window PC: [ATTACH]Did you plug in your headphones but still the sound is coming from speakers? A lot of Windows users have complained of facing the problem where the sound is playing through speakers even when they have their headphones are plugged in. This can be really annoying as it...
  5. No Sound Coming from Bluetooth Headphones but Windows Shows Headphones as Current Playback...

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Sound Coming from Bluetooth Headphones but Windows Shows Headphones as Current Playback...: Normally when I turn on my Bluetooth headphones the computer recognizes them right away and immediately starts sending all audio to the headphones only. These days, I'm noticing more and more, than I turn on the headphones, Windows acknowledges it by switching the Playback...
  6. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  7. PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS: I am using an ASUS laptop and I am having Windows10. My problem is that when I am plugging my headphone the notification is coming that the device has been plugged in but when I am watching or listening to something the sound is coming from the speakers instead of the...
  8. Sound only coming from right ear after windows 10 update

Sound only coming from right ear after windows 10 update: I am having the issue of sound only coming through the right ear unless the jack stick is plugged half-way in. When its plugged half way in the sound is louder in the left ear than the right. I recently updated windows 10 and prior to that there was no sound issue. I...
  9. Muffled sound coming from headphones

Muffled sound coming from headphones: Hey guys, so i've had windows 10 since about a week after its release, and today I was just browsing on youtube, watching some videos, when all of a sudden the sound goes out, and I can't hear any sound from my computer with or without headphones. So I googled the problem and...
  10. Sound coming from both speakers + headphones

Sound coming from both speakers + headphones: Hello, I'm having an issue with my sound, when I have my headphones plugged in both my speakers and the headphones generate sound but I only want the headphones to generate sound. It is simple plug and play headphones. Would anyone know how I can block the sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ears play opposite audio

2. windows 10 opposite headphone

3. windows 10 opposite headphone ear audio

4. headphones opposite windows 10,
  5. windows 10 headphones play opposite