Windows 10: Headphones sound issue

Discus and support Headphones sound issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, Lately I started having issues with my headphones didn't have any problems before new windows update. When I turn my headphones on beats 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EdvinasGrotuzas, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Headphones sound issue

Hey guys,

Lately I started having issues with my headphones didn't have any problems before new windows update. When I turn my headphones on beats 3 studio and play youtube for example, everything is fine. Until I launch a game or join a zoom class. When I join zoom, I can only hear zoom and nothing else, if I launch a game e.g. CS: GO sound goes off completely , I can't hear game, and If I go back to youtube I can see that the song is still playing but I got no sound in my headphones whatsoever. I have sound effects disabled, my output is set to headphones... I played around with sound settings but I was unable to fix anything so that's why I'm here. Any help is highly appreciated.

:)

EdvinasGrotuzas, Jan 28, 2021

2. Headphone Sound Issue

Hello,

This issue could be related to the drivers on your computer or there's a problem with the headphones itself. For us to effectively assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us when did the issue start?
    • Are you referring to brand new headphones?
    • Have you tried updating the sound card drivers on your computer by checking the latest driver that is available from the manufacturer's website?
    • Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps provided in this article? If not, we advise that you try to perform
      the steps in the article and see if it helps.

Meanwhile, if you haven't tried downloading and installing the latest driver from the manufacturer's website, we suggest that you try it and check if you will experience the same issue.

Do get back to us so that we can further help.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Headphones, microphone issue.

Hi Alise,

This issue may be due to driver compatibility. We'd like to ask additional information to better assist you. Please answer the following:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this?
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set the headphone as the default device on your computer. Here's how:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound.
    • Choose Headphones and click Set default button at the bottom.
    • In some cases, there is no headphone option alone, but Speakers/Headphone. If that’s the case, select that and click
      Set default button at the bottom.
    • Press OK.

If the issue persists, then you can update your driver by following the steps
    here

Feel free to respond if the provided steps work for you.

Joan Pin, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Headphones sound issue

No sound through headphones

Hello Sander,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to provide me with the following information.

• What is the make and model of the headphones?

• Have you tried connecting the headphones to another jack or another computer and checked if they are working?
    Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers
    automatically cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

Note:
    If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or
    hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    If issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

This happens when you have the speakers set to default. We need to set the headphones as default. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Perform the task mentioned below to set speakers as default.

• Go to Start and click on control Panel.

• Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

• In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.

• Now check if the headphone is listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

• Highlight that headphone and click on "Set as Default".

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Preethu” replied on April 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Headphones not working in Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Headphones sound issue

1. Headphones sound issue - Similar Threads - Headphones sound issue

2. Issue with sound from headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with sound from headphones.: After my HP laptop froze, I heard a buzzing sound in my headphones.I restarted my PC, and the sound from my headphones doesn't work, speakers work. Headphones work on other devices but not on the PC. Updating drivers doesn't work....
  3. Issue with sound from headphones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with sound from headphones.: After my HP laptop froze, I heard a buzzing sound in my headphones.I restarted my PC, and the sound from my headphones doesn't work, speakers work. Headphones work on other devices but not on the PC. Updating drivers doesn't work....
  4. Headphones with 7.1 Surround Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones with 7.1 Surround Sound Issue: Hello. I need help with my headphones and my computer regarding the audio issue.So, my Logitech G433 has a 7.1 Surround Sound support and it has software to use the feature.I have the driver installed for the headphones to function. However, when I test the surround sound...
  5. Headphones with 7.1 Surround Sound Issue

Headphones with 7.1 Surround Sound Issue: Hello. I need help with my headphones and my computer regarding the audio issue.So, my Logitech G433 has a 7.1 Surround Sound support and it has software to use the feature.I have the driver installed for the headphones to function. However, when I test the surround sound...
  6. Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.

Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 9310 w/Win 11. I use a screen reader. The sound is good when I do not use headphones, but when I plug in headphones the sound quality is terrible. The sound becomes airy like when you speak in a tunnel and there is a delay that usually causes the...
  7. Issue with Bluetooth Headphones, Stereo Sound not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with Bluetooth Headphones, Stereo Sound not working.: I'm having issues with my ComfortQ+ headphones not playing stereo sound. I've tried everything from restarting to disconnecting my headphones; to even removing the drivers manually using Device Manager. Also when I try to press 'Connect' on the dropdown menu it does nothing....
  8. Issues with sound when using headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with sound when using headphones: Hi, recently I got new laptop from brand lenovo. When I started using my heaphones, everything went well for first 2 days, after that when i pluged them there was no sound, system couldnt recognise them (win10). Weird thing is that sometimes I pluged them they function well...
  9. Bluetooth Headphone Sound Control Issue

Bluetooth Headphone Sound Control Issue: When using my bluetooth headphones with my laptop I have an issue with native os sound control. When using the keyboard controls to raise and lower the sound or the sliding the sound toggle on the taskbar my headphones are muted below a numerical value of 5. This issue is not...
  10. Bluetooth Headphones Sound Issue In-Game

Bluetooth Headphones Sound Issue In-Game: I just got my first set of Bluetooth headphones yesterday. The work very well with Windows so far, but when I play Forza they cut out. They'll start working for about a minute of the game then just stop. When I exit the game they then don't work again in Windows until I...