Windows 10: Headphones sound problem with windows 10 64bit update 1903 build 18362.295

Discus and support Headphones sound problem with windows 10 64bit update 1903 build 18362.295 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was checking some things when i noticed an update on windows 10 64 bit. I clicked restart now and when the update finished i logged in to my account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DDavidR, Aug 29, 2019.

1. DDavidR Win User

Headphones sound problem with windows 10 64bit update 1903 build 18362.295

I was checking some things when i noticed an update on windows 10 64 bit. I clicked restart now and when the update finished i logged in to my account just to experience some weird glitches (couldn't search for control panel or other things, no sound in my headphones). So i decided to check for an update. After a few seconds i got a massage saying you need to restart i restarted and the bug where i couldn't search for apps was gone. I checked if the audio issue was resolved but it was not, my headphones (audio technica ath m40x) had no sound. I immediately checked the drivers but they seemed fine (when i played anything on youtube the bars in playback devices were moving up and down) (btw the headphones were set to default) when i tried listening to something on my other headphones (turtle beach) everything worked fine. So i tried updating the drivers, reinstalling them and then when nothing worked i went to settings, sound settings and clicked on troubleshoot.

Im guessing it played some sounds that i wasn't hearing and then (i dont remeber what i did) it deleted ALL of my sound drivers so i panicked because i couldn't even see any output/input devices but then i clicked something in settings (i thinked it was manage sound devices) and all the drives came back except the realtek driver and now the device shows up as Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device) but theres no driver in Device Manager so i don't know if i should install the same realtek driver because it didn't work.

So i would like to listen to sounds through my audio technica headphones but what do i do? Should i uninstall the Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device) and install the realtek driver? Let me know if you need more info.

P.S.

I have this small device which changes microphone and headphone to usb (when i plugged it in the driver was called USB PnP Sound Device) i tried listening to music using that and it worked perfectly.

And i've just noticed that the Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device) stays even if i plug the headphones out. Two drivers appeared with the same name (High Definition Audio Device). No sound though.

:)

DDavidR, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Dude Win User

Windows 10 update version 1903 - Headphone Not Recognized

It works with 1903, left click the speaker Icon in the taskbar as shown in this pic

Headphones sound problem with windows 10 64bit update 1903 build 18362.295 [​IMG]

3. Windows 10 update version 1903 - Headphone Not Recognized

I am having what sounds to be the same issue on 1903. This is a brand new build and I just installed Windows 10.

I have tried the latest Realtek drivers from my motherboard manufacturer and Ben's update method above.

No matter what is plugged in, I only have 1 playback/output device.

• I plug my speakers into the back of my computer = audio plays and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into my front panel = audio plays and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into my front panel and speakers into rear panel = audio plays out of front panel and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)

I used to be able to switch between front and rear when both were plugged in. I am thinking this might be a 1903 issue.

monsterenergy22, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Headphones sound problem with windows 10 64bit update 1903 build 18362.295

Sound problems

Hi Matty,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to check with any other headphones to make sure there is no issues with headphones.

I would also suggest you to update the Sound drivers and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the sound driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Navneet Anand, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Headphones sound problem with windows 10 64bit update 1903 build 18362.295

1. Headphones sound problem with windows 10 64bit update 1903 build 18362.295 - Similar Threads - Headphones sound problem

2. Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362: After restart the Network icon changed to a globe, it said I didn't have Internet access but I did. Normally my networks SSID displays, but that no longer does. Some .NET Framework 3.5 4.8 cumulative updates came up so I applied them, after the restart, the original...
  3. No Sound Conexant "Pebble Beach" on winver 1903 build 18362

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound Conexant "Pebble Beach" on winver 1903 build 18362: I have an older HP/CPQ system running pretty well, surprisingly so, with Windows 10 version 1903 build 18362, except for the now-notorious Audio Device issues. I see another long thread here about the devices I am dealing with but just due to idosyncrasies of the way...
  4. Win10 Pro (1903 - Build 18362) System Restore behaviour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro (1903 - Build 18362) System Restore behaviour: I've noticed some strange behaviour with creating a System Restore Point in Windows 10, this may be an oddball way of doing things but it's worked for me for many years prior to upgrading to Windows 10 x64 (from Windows 7 x64). In short - I had a scheduled task that ran...
  5. Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working

Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working: Symptom: ‘Sound’ reports Speakers Not Plugged In. Speakers and Headphones are greyed out. The only available items for Playback are ‘Digital Audio (S/PDIF)’ Hardware: Gigabyte MB X58-USB3, home built around 2013 Background: PC Working fine then Windows Update took it to...
  6. Problems after updating to Build 1903

Problems after updating to Build 1903: I updated my HP laptop to build 1903 on 7/12. I started 7/10 and finally got it to take two in a couple of days. It worked fine. On Friday, I restarted the computer and got a "preparing windows" message. I lost every setting I had except windows password and pin....
  7. Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1903 update

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1903 update: Hi there ! I have 2 versions of Windows , Home and Pro. I have upgraded Home version to 1903 with no problems. Windows update recognize update automatically and installed it. While opposite at Pro version. Windows update doesn't find anything. So, i have downloaded...
  8. Windows 10 1903 build update

Windows 10 1903 build update: After i installed the update (1903) and only after a second restart cause of the slowness of my pc, that i thought was due to the big update ( took 1,5 hours to install itself on my pc) , the entire start menu crushes.I can still search in the new search bar for "settings"...
  9. update 1903 sound problem

update 1903 sound problem: I have just updated to 1903, and have lost all sound. I have a Creative Audigy2 ZS Pro, yes, I know it's old, but it was working perfectly on build 1809. After this 1903 update, no sound, so I went back to 1809, and hey presto, I got my sound back. I then tried the very...
  10. Headphones sound problem (Windows 10)

Headphones sound problem (Windows 10): Actually, everything works fine. There's only one thing: if I change the volume using my headphones (bluetooth connection), nothing changes visually. What I mean is that the volume changes like I want to but if I go check the volume in the task bar under audio settings, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek windows 1903 problem

2. 18362.295 audio