Windows 10: Headphones sound same on both sides

Discus and support Headphones sound same on both sides in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My headphones wont work properly anymoreSo I just changed from some super old Apple Earpods to newer ones for my desktop and as soon as I try them I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sisusund, Mar 2, 2022.

1. sisusund Win User

Headphones sound same on both sides

My headphones wont work properly anymoreSo I just changed from some super old Apple Earpods to newer ones for my desktop and as soon as I try them I notice that they sound exactly same on both sides. I didn’t touch any settings, and in fact if I put back on my old ones they work normally in terms of left and right audio. I tried updating drivers, resetting all the possible settings etc, and now I dont know what to do. The audio balance is super weird too, as its by default at 20-100 when it should be 100-100. left and right They sound equal though. But when I change them to 100-100 I get thi

:)

sisusund, Mar 2, 2022
  2. Mala_S Win User

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 2, 2022
  3. Audio issues with only the left side of headphones/earphones work.

Hi Charlie,

The port of the device could be the culprit why only the left side of your headphones works. A hardware or software changes could also be the reason for this kind of issue. However, let's not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest
    that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter in Windows Settings. Simply search for
    Troubleshoot in the start menu. Under Find and fix other problems, click on
    Hardware and Devices. We also suggest that you run the audio test for your headphones in Hardware and Sound. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Go to Control Panel, then click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Sound, click on Manage audio devices.
    • Click on Headphones, then Configure at the bottom right.
    • Run the test, and see if both sides of your headphones are working there.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Carlos Tin, Mar 2, 2022
  4. Headphones sound same on both sides

No sound through headphones

Hello Sander,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to provide me with the following information.

• What is the make and model of the headphones?

• Have you tried connecting the headphones to another jack or another computer and checked if they are working?
    Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers
    automatically cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

Note:
    If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or
    hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    If issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

This happens when you have the speakers set to default. We need to set the headphones as default. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Perform the task mentioned below to set speakers as default.

• Go to Start and click on control Panel.

• Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

• In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.

• Now check if the headphone is listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

• Highlight that headphone and click on "Set as Default".

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Preethu” replied on April 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/7c172f44-52bf-4263-8b59-789e8f6cb3ae

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Mar 2, 2022
Thema:

Headphones sound same on both sides

1. Headphones sound same on both sides - Similar Threads - Headphones sound same

2. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound in left side of headphones: Hi I recently bought Logitech g 335 headphones and they had a malfunction I swaped them with new ones and tested at the store but got home and plugged it in and there was only sound on one side. I could not find a balance option in sound I searched everywhere I use windows 10...
  3. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound in left side of headphones: Hi I recently bought Logitech g 335 headphones and they had a malfunction I swaped them with new ones and tested at the store but got home and plugged it in and there was only sound on one side. I could not find a balance option in sound I searched everywhere I use windows 10...
  4. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphones only play left channel on both sides.

Headphones only play left channel on both sides.: I got some headphones recently and they only play the left channel on both sides. Mono audio is turned off.Any help would be nice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-only-play-left-channel-on-both-sides/5c52e048-b69b-4c6f-9ff0-7ba22e181375
  6. Headphones only play left channel on both sides.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones only play left channel on both sides.: I got some headphones recently and they only play the left channel on both sides. Mono audio is turned off.Any help would be nice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-only-play-left-channel-on-both-sides/5c52e048-b69b-4c6f-9ff0-7ba22e181375
  7. Headphones only play left channel on both sides.

8. Headphones sound same on both sides

Headphones sound same on both sides: My headphones wont work properly anymoreSo I just changed from some super old Apple Earpods to newer ones for my desktop and as soon as I try them I notice that they sound exactly same on both sides. I didn’t touch any settings, and in fact if I put back on my old ones they...
  9. Headphones sound same on both sides

Headphones sound same on both sides: My headphones wont work properly anymoreSo I just changed from some super old Apple Earpods to newer ones for my desktop and as soon as I try them I notice that they sound exactly same on both sides. I didn’t touch any settings, and in fact if I put back on my old ones they...
  10. Sound from both headphones and built in speakers on laptop at the same time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound from both headphones and built in speakers on laptop at the same time: Why is my music playing out of the built in speakers and my headphones on my laptop at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-from-both-headphones-and-built-in-speakers/21dbfcf6-c93d-45e4-8e33-56e17f6ac7cd