Windows 10: Headphones stop working after updates? - Realtek HD Audio Driver Dell G3 3779

Discus and support Headphones stop working after updates? - Realtek HD Audio Driver Dell G3 3779 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My headphones stop working, probably from some driver problem, which maybe happens after a Windows or Dell update. Windows says it's the current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HrednaxelA, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Headphones stop working after updates? - Realtek HD Audio Driver Dell G3 3779

My headphones stop working, probably from some driver problem, which maybe happens after a Windows or Dell update. Windows says it's the current driver, but I can fix it when I use this most current version from the Dell site:

Dell Update Package - v6.0.1.8642 A05 March 20, 2019

Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver_99JJJ_WIN_6.0.1.8642_A05_03.EXE

After that, the sound comes out of the headphones again, but the driver is the same as it was before:

Driver version: 10.0.18362.1 3/18/2019

So, the driver doesn't change, but the headphones work, after I load that Dell Update Pkg and restart the computer a couple times.

Does anyone know what might fix that, besides having to load this Dell Update Pkg once a week? I'm thinking it's more likely a Dell or Dell SupportAssist problem, and I probably need to remove all the Dell stuff off the machine. It's no longer under warranty or support.

:)

HrednaxelA, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Rich H567 Win User

Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Apr 11, 2020
  3. AceHack Win User
    Windows 10 & Realtek HD Audio and Headphone jack not working

I have two different PCs that when installing the Realtek HD Audio driver the headphone jack stops working. If I uninstall the Realtek HD Audio driver everything working but then Windows Update re-installs the driver again and again. How can I fix this
    issue? I don't want to turn off all auto updates. Thanks.

AceHack, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Headphones stop working after updates? - Realtek HD Audio Driver Dell G3 3779

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Headphones stop working after updates? - Realtek HD Audio Driver Dell G3 3779

1. Headphones stop working after updates? - Realtek HD Audio Driver Dell G3 3779 - Similar Threads - Headphones stop working

2. Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio: Ever since I've upgraded to windows 11, I've had problems with my headphones. Also to note, I've never used headphones that connect using a jack with my pc. I just upgraded to the Arctis Nova 1 and they work great on my mac. I plugged them into my pc and its stuck on mono...
  3. Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio: Ever since I've upgraded to windows 11, I've had problems with my headphones. Also to note, I've never used headphones that connect using a jack with my pc. I just upgraded to the Arctis Nova 1 and they work great on my mac. I plugged them into my pc and its stuck on mono...
  4. BSOD - BugcheckCode 127 - Windows 11 - Dell G3 3779

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - BugcheckCode 127 - Windows 11 - Dell G3 3779: Ever since my upgrade to Windows 11 in November 21 I keep getting BSODs - usually it happens when I leave my computer and it tries to switch power state I guess. This happens on a daily basis but not every time I leave the computer. Any ideas? <System> <Provider...
  5. BSOD - BugcheckCode 127 - Windows 11 - Dell G3 3779

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - BugcheckCode 127 - Windows 11 - Dell G3 3779: Ever since my upgrade to Windows 11 in November 21 I keep getting BSODs - usually it happens when I leave my computer and it tries to switch power state I guess. This happens on a daily basis but not every time I leave the computer. Any ideas? <System> <Provider...
  6. Realtek & HD Audio drivers not found/not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek & HD Audio drivers not found/not working: Hi. Yesterday, I tried letting the program Driver Booster by iObit update my drivers while I was out walking my dog because everyone I know had recommended it. When I came back and restarted my laptop, I suddenly had no audio. I subsequently spent 9 hours going through...
  7. Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?: Hello, so my friend's Dell G3 3779 is not using the Nvidia GPU for gaming and using the integrated one, this is on a freshly installed win10 with latest BIOS, and the latest drivers make it run minecraft at 12 FPS We tried installing older nvidia drivers and the performance...
  8. No realtek HD audio Driver

No realtek HD audio Driver: Hi, my new predator laptop running windows 10 pro doesnt have realtek hd audio, just Realtek audio. i cannot find realtek in my control panel. Even thou my headphones work in this laptop, they are not detected as headphones, just speakers....
  9. Realtek HD Audio Suddenly Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD Audio Suddenly Stopped Working: I'm feeling a bit desperate which is why I'm posting here in the hope someone might be able to help. Yesterday I noticed the audio playback on my PC was strange, some things were playing as if from a far off distance, other sounds weren't playing at all. Then this morning I...
  10. Realtek Audio Driver Not working with my headphones.

Realtek Audio Driver Not working with my headphones.: So my laptop is the Acer nitro 5 and it came with Realtek audio on it. Currently right now I am unable to get my headphone drivers working on my computer. I went to the Acer website and went to my specific make and model and redownloaded the drivers and it is still not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek-high-definition-audio-driver_99jjj_win_6.0.1.8642_a05_03.exe