Windows 10: headphones stopped working after laptop sudden shutdown

Discus and support headphones stopped working after laptop sudden shutdown in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After shutting down due to low charge my headphones stopped working. I was watching a film the day before when it happened. The next day I found out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KendraDavis2, Dec 11, 2018.

1. headphones stopped working after laptop sudden shutdown

After shutting down due to low charge my headphones stopped working. I was watching a film the day before when it happened. The next day I found out that the headphone jack is not working

:)

KendraDavis2, Dec 11, 2018
  2. nvcw727 Win User

Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume detected, but when I increase the volume, nothing happens. Any one have any suggestions?

nvcw727, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Headphones Not Working After Laptop Got Shutdown Suddenly Due To Low Charging.

Hi Raja,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Are you able to use the headphone on any other device?
    2. Is the sound coming from the laptop instead of the headphones?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems
    (This article applies for Windows 10 as well) and check if this helps.

For reference, you may also refer to
    Fix Sound Problems in Windows 10
    and see if this helps.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

If my answer has helped, then please upvote or mark as an answer.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 11, 2018
  4. headphones stopped working after laptop sudden shutdown

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

headphones stopped working after laptop sudden shutdown

1. headphones stopped working after laptop sudden shutdown - Similar Threads - headphones stopped working

2. Nintendo Switch™ Headphones Suddenly Stop Working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nintendo Switch™ Headphones Suddenly Stop Working?: Hello there!I was recently given a pair of very gently used Nintendo Switch™ headphones by a family member of mine. I was listening to music several days ago when the audio suddenly cut out. I brought them to school the next day and found that they worked. Feeling curious, I...
  3. Nintendo Switch™ Headphones Suddenly Stop Working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nintendo Switch™ Headphones Suddenly Stop Working?: Hello there!I was recently given a pair of very gently used Nintendo Switch™ headphones by a family member of mine. I was listening to music several days ago when the audio suddenly cut out. I brought them to school the next day and found that they worked. Feeling curious, I...
  4. Laptop shutdowns suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutdowns suddenly: Hi! I am unable to resolve issues related to my systems. It shutdowns suddenly. Please do let me know what to do. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutdowns-suddenly/4b38ba00-f5e0-455a-8baf-851141651182
  5. The headphone jack on my laptop stopped working suddenly and randomly. Is there tech...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The headphone jack on my laptop stopped working suddenly and randomly. Is there tech...: Sound still comes out of my laptop's speakers like normal, but plugging in headphones does nothing now. I messed around with my drivers and such, which did nothing and now I feel like I might have doomed myself to never fixing this problem because I don't really know what I'm...
  6. Headphones stopped working all of a sudden at work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones stopped working all of a sudden at work: I had an issue where my headphones suddenly stopped working, and while troubleshooting went through all the possible online solutions: making sure drivers were updated, sound was on and off mute, checked the sound setting for correct default etc., all to no avail. I found an...
  7. My headphones stopped working all of a sudden

My headphones stopped working all of a sudden: I have the Black ASTRO Gaming MixAmp Pro TR, and I've had it for a long time, I was using it fine, just minding my own business, when all of a sudden I think I clicked a button or something, and the sound went completely off. So I tried restarting... didn't work, I tried...
  8. My headphones stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Support
    My headphones stopped working all of a sudden: I have the Black ASTRO Gaming MixAmp Pro TR, and I've had it for a long time, I was using it fine, just minding my own business, when all of a sudden I think I clicked a button or something, and the sound went completely off. So I tried restarting... didn't work, I tried...
  9. Bluetooth headphones suddenly stopped working.

Bluetooth headphones suddenly stopped working.: HI, My Bluetooth headphones have suddenly stopped working. They were working fine this morning. The headphones are connected and I see it in devices + printers but I no longer see it in playback devices. Any ideas? [img] 34800
  10. Laptop speakers suddenly not working, but headphones work fine.

Laptop speakers suddenly not working, but headphones work fine.: I'm really baffled here as to what's going on with my laptop audio. It was working just a few days ago from what I remember and now tonight when I was playing a game in Steam the audio just wasn't working. Checked audio settings in the game, all was good. Turned the game off...