Windows 10: Headphones stopped working after update

Discus and support Headphones stopped working after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am facing an issue with headphones after the update. They won’t work when I plug them in the headphone jack on the front panel or the speakers. Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Patricia Rodriguez6, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Headphones stopped working after update

I am facing an issue with headphones after the update. They won’t work when I plug them in the headphone jack on the front panel or the speakers. Thank you in advance

:)

Patricia Rodriguez6, Jan 27, 2019

2. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Headphone stops working randomly.

Hi,

As per the description, the issue might be caused due to damage in the port. I suggest you to connect another headphone and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with the hardware.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Ivy Mun Win User

Headphones stopped working after update

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Headphones stopped working after update

1. Headphones stopped working after update - Similar Threads - Headphones stopped working

2. Headphones stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones stopped working: After unplugging the headphones and plugging then back in to my laptop the sound stopped coming. Speakers still work, headphones also work in conjunction with my smartphone, but not on PC.I've ran this test: and I DO hear the test sound in the headphones, but nothing in the...
  3. Headphone jack stopped working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphone jack stopped working after Windows 10 update: After Windows 10 update yesterday, the headphone/external mic jack stopped working on my Dell. When plugged in, the sound would still come out of the Dell speakers. As for the mic, there would be no usable mic at all when the jack is plugged in because the Dell mic would stop...
  4. Headphone jack stopped working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack stopped working after Windows 10 update: After Windows 10 update yesterday, the headphone/external mic jack stopped working on my Dell. When plugged in, the sound would still come out of the Dell speakers. As for the mic, there would be no usable mic at all when the jack is plugged in because the Dell mic would stop...
  5. Headphone jack stopped working after Update 2004

Headphone jack stopped working after Update 2004: Since the latest Windows 10 update, version 2004, my headphone jack and task manager have stopped working properly. Basically, nothing I plug into the jack is detected. When I run the troubleshooter, it says that no device is plugged in. However, if I re-boot the computer...
  6. After an update my Headphones stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After an update my Headphones stopped working: So I was watching a video when I saw my PC needed to be updated. I started the update and now my sound is detected, just doesn't go to my headphones. Please help me I am lost, all the YouTube tutorials are not doing anything to help. submitted by /u/LuigiNoob546 [link]...
  7. Headphones stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones stopped working: My headphones just randomly stopped working and I know it isn't the headphones fault as no pairs work I can still get sound out my monitor but no where else any help would be appreciated submitted by /u/totan39 [link] [comments]...
  8. Bose headphones stopped working after October update

Bose headphones stopped working after October update: Bluetooth is not detecting my Bose QC 35 headphones after the october update, they were working fine the day before I updated. Bluetooth is still working fine, if I connect any other device, but it is not detecting the headphones. I have reinstalled all the bluetooth drivers...
  9. Bose headphones stopped working after October update

Bose headphones stopped working after October update: Bluetooth is not detecting my Bose QC 35 headphones after the october update, they were working fine the day before I updated. Bluetooth is still working fine, if I connect any other device, but it is not detecting the headphones. I have reinstalled all the bluetooth drivers...
  10. Headphones stopped working

Headphones stopped working: Just installed 10, and my headphones have gone dead. When I unplug them, the sound works normally through a connection to my hifi set. The headphones work all right when connected to my Mac. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize the headphones? 22361