Windows 10: HEADPHONES SUDDENLY ONLY WORKS ON LEFT EAR!

Discus and support HEADPHONES SUDDENLY ONLY WORKS ON LEFT EAR! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It 's only been an hour since I used the headphones. They had no issue at all before but when I use them now after barely an hour, only one side works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Simba440, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Simba440 Win User

HEADPHONES SUDDENLY ONLY WORKS ON LEFT EAR!

It 's only been an hour since I used the headphones. They had no issue at all before but when I use them now after barely an hour, only one side works. I've tried checking the cable to see if that was the issue but it's not. I'm really frustrated as to how this happened as they have not been touched by anyone or left in a bad position. Please help. I know this may not be a question specific to windows but this is the only site I know I can get valid answers.

:)

Simba440, Jun 26, 2021

2. Headphones only playing in the left ear, driving me mad

I have Windows 10, and my headphones will only play into the left ear, and my right ear is completely muted. I know it's a problem with the computer since I've switched headphones and still had the problem and my headphones worked fine with another device.

I've already looked at multiple threads and haven't found anything that works yet.

I've already check the balance under my speakers' properties, and they were both equal.

I've updated the drivers, and when that didn't work, I uninstalled them and restarted my computer, which reinstalled them for my automatically with the latest versions.

I've even tried blowing into the socket like some people said.

I couldn't try one suggestion because I only have one audio input about how the right ear playing if you plugged a different pair of headphones into another port, and it could be fixed by half plugging headphones into one port while fully plugging other
    ones into the other.

I seriously have no idea what's going on. What else could be going wrong here??

HaroldVing, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Windows 10 right portion of earpod/headphone is not working.

Hello everybody. Please help me with my issue. I don't know but the right portion of my ear pod/headphone suddenly doesn't work anymore on my laptop. I just plugged it in the morning then suddenly, I only hear sound in the left portion . I don't think
    the ear pod/headphone is the problem here because I have tried the same ear pod on my phone and it is fully functional. Thank you

KeilthVillafania, Jun 26, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Headphones Suddenly Dont Work!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

What is the make and model of your computer and Headphones?

As an initial troubleshooting step I suggest you to unplug the Headphones restart your computer and plug in Headphones and check if that helps. Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers,
    sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. Follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this

troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

If issue persists follow next Method.

Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

1. HEADPHONES SUDDENLY ONLY WORKS ON LEFT EAR! - Similar Threads - HEADPHONES SUDDENLY WORKS

2. Left ear on headphones not working and test doesnt work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left ear on headphones not working and test doesnt work: Hello,My headphones arent playing out the left ear on them when using on Windows 10. I have tried using the test sound option but it only plays twice out of the right ear when it normally plays left then right ear. I have tried the balance option but it only shows 1 and 2 and...
  3. Left ear on headphones not working and test doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left ear on headphones not working and test doesnt work: Hello,My headphones arent playing out the left ear on them when using on Windows 10. I have tried using the test sound option but it only plays twice out of the right ear when it normally plays left then right ear. I have tried the balance option but it only shows 1 and 2 and...
  4. Left ear on headphones not working and test doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphones only working in left ear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones only working in left ear.: I have just built myself a brand new pc and I have plugged in my regular headphones that work perfectly fine on other devices and audio is only coming through the left ear. I have checked the balancing and it says that both are fine. The troubleshooter says nothing is wrong,...
  6. Headphones only working in left ear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones only working in left ear.: I have just built myself a brand new pc and I have plugged in my regular headphones that work perfectly fine on other devices and audio is only coming through the left ear. I have checked the balancing and it says that both are fine. The troubleshooter says nothing is wrong,...
  7. Headphones only working in left ear.

8. Headphones only using left ear on pc

Headphones only using left ear on pc: My headphones are only working on one ear on my pc. I've tried it on a Switch and a phone, they work perfectly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-only-using-left-ear-on-pc/b7a22da3-6885-4a59-bd47-8b7b9651655b
  9. Sound only playing in left ear

Sound only playing in left ear: I plugged in a splitter cable to use my headphones as a microphone but now only the left ear plays audio, I updated my computer and restarted it so I don't know why it isn't working. It works fine without the splitter cable....
  10. Left headphone only working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left headphone only working: Hey everyone, I have and Xbox XO Four Stealth headset plugged into my computer with a 3 pole to 4 pole jack adapter. My jacks aren't bent or anything nothing is wrong with the wires. Drivers are up to date, my headphone balance is 100 100. my os build is 18362.418 and I...