Windows 10: Headphones suddenly started to make static noise

Discus and support Headphones suddenly started to make static noise in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, so yesterday my headphones (HyperX Cloud Alpha) were working fine with no issues. Then today they make some sort of noise, as if they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OrangeMustard101, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Headphones suddenly started to make static noise

Hello, so yesterday my headphones (HyperX Cloud Alpha) were working fine with no issues. Then today they make some sort of noise, as if they are starting up and then there is crackling when any audio is playing. But once the audio stops, the crackling noise disappears.

I then tried these headphones on Mac and they worked great with no noise whatsoever.

I have a dell desktop and I even tried uninstalling the headphones in device manager, but whenever I clicked detect new hardware changes, the headphones always came back up on the device manager even with the headphones not plugged in.

Could someone help me out? Thanks

submitted by /u/OrangeMustard101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OrangeMustard101, Jun 23, 2020

2. Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Starting very suddenly, I have a weird issue with my laptop.

I was listening to audio on headphones plugged into the headphone jack when suddenly, very loud static noise started playing over the actual audio. After about 30 seconds of that Windows even crashed saying something about an 'apc index mismatch'

Ever since then, the very loud static noise plays on the headphones when they are plugged in. The built-in speakers work just fine. I have also tried with a different pair of headphones, with the same static noise.

Things I have tried:

Windows Update

Looking for driver updates in device manager

Windows Sound Problems Troubleshooter

If anyone has any idea how to solve this or what might be causing it, I would be very happy.

MoritzWettstein, Jun 23, 2020
  3. L2345 Win User
    White noise/static from all headphones in laptop

Yesterday my headphone started making this loud white noise/static sound while plugged into my ASUS laptop. I tried changing headphones and the noise still persists, but when unplugged the speakers sound fine. None of the enhancements are on, the mic is
    turned off, and I've tried reinstalling the audio driver through troubleshooting to no avail. Is there anything else I can do?

L2345, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Headphones suddenly started to make static noise

Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Hi this is Wil an independent advisor. Since you have mentioned that other headsets are producing the same static noise. Lets try to check the playback settings. Try to disable all enhancements. Just follow the instructions below and kindly reply back
    if you need further help.

Step 1. Right click the speaker icon on the Taskbar and select Playback devices to open Sound settings. Double click your headphones device to open the Properties.

Step 2. Choose the Levels tab and then adjust the Microphone slider to 0. Click Apply.

Step 3. Go to Enhancements tab and then check the Disable all sound effects. Click OK twice to exit.

WilfredPanopio, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Headphones suddenly started to make static noise

1. Headphones suddenly started to make static noise - Similar Threads - Headphones suddenly started

2. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microphone making static noise: My Onikuma k19 headset is making a static noise while i want to record my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-making-static-noise/9146e064-198f-47b9-b4e2-dfc4f9f6933f
  3. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microphone making static noise: My Onikuma k19 headset is making a static noise while i want to record my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-making-static-noise/9146e064-198f-47b9-b4e2-dfc4f9f6933f
  4. Microphone making static noise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  5. Microphone making static noise...

Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  6. My headphones makes a static noise while im on my desktop

My headphones makes a static noise while im on my desktop: Hi, so i got this problem where if im on my desktop or on certain apps my headphones will start making a slight buzzing sound, like if im on youtube and i stop playing a video and move my mouse around the buttons without clicking anything they will start making this buzzing...
  7. My headphones makes a static noise while im on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphones makes a static noise while im on my desktop: Hi, so i got this problem where if im on my desktop or on certain apps my headphones will start making a slight buzzing sound, like if im on youtube and i stop playing a video and move my mouse around the buttons without clicking anything they will start making this buzzing...
  8. Charger port makes a static noise

Charger port makes a static noise: I recently bought a new laptop, it comes standard with Windows 10, had it for 2 days before Windows said I can upgrade to Windows 11.After upgrading to Windows 11, my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 3 gaming charger port stared making static noise even when not plugged in. The volume...
  9. Headset making static noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset making static noise: I just got a pc build and connected a xbox fusion pro controller. I plug a razer kraken headset to controller and party members hear static noise. I can hear them but my microphone doesnt work either. How can i fix the static noise and microphone to work?...
  10. Headphone jack producing static noise.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack producing static noise.: I have a Acer TravelMate B117 that I have been having audio issues with. My speakers work fine (they were acting up so I restarted my laptop and this is when the troubles started to occur, also wasn't even picking up that there was anything plugged in before restart), but...