Windows 10: Headphones take 3 plug-ins to detect.

Discus and support Headphones take 3 plug-ins to detect. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For a few weeks now my headphones have been spamming "Your device has been unplugged from the audio jack" or something, and now it takes a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mario-piss-jar, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Headphones take 3 plug-ins to detect.

For a few weeks now my headphones have been spamming "Your device has been unplugged from the audio jack" or something, and now it takes a few unplug/plug for it to detect my headphones.
    It probably isn't a software problem, because this hasn't happened for about the 3 years I have had my pc.

submitted by /u/mario-piss-jar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mario-piss-jar, Jun 20, 2020

2. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Headphones plugged in but not detected?

Hey so I have the windows High Definition Audio Device driver and when I plug in my headphones, it doesn't detect it. I enabled show disabled/disconnected devices and this popped up Screenshot - 136ca4e8265225c5315696599425bfef - Gyazo I know that the device
    is enabled so how do I get it working? I want my sound to play through the headphones when I plug them in. Thanks a million!

TheEpicFace, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Headphones take 3 plug-ins to detect.

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Headphones take 3 plug-ins to detect.

1. Headphones take 3 plug-ins to detect. - Similar Threads - Headphones plug ins

2. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected: I have a realtk driver and i'm on windows 10Windows detects my speakers and enables it although it's not even plugged.It doesn't detect my headphones and it's plugged and my microphone tooIn the front panel.I tried to switch to Windows original high defnition audio driver but...
  3. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected: I have a realtk driver and i'm on windows 10Windows detects my speakers and enables it although it's not even plugged.It doesn't detect my headphones and it's plugged and my microphone tooIn the front panel.I tried to switch to Windows original high defnition audio driver but...
  4. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...: I suspect this may be a hardware problem since I opened up my PC to clean it and bumped the headphone jack cable where it connected to the motherboard, and there were no Windows updates or installations that happened that could be the culprit, however I did make sure the...
  6. won't detect that my headphones are plugged in

won't detect that my headphones are plugged in: my dell laptop won't detect that headphones are plugged in. it used to work but now it doesn't. I've tried to update my drivers but there are no updates available. I've tried all the methods they say online but they don't work either as my headphones just aren't detected and...
  7. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: My headphone jack wont detect any headphones being plugged into it. Ive tried my headphones on other computers so i know these work. When i plug them in i get Line In Realtek audio coming up as an input device but the headphones wont show up in output devices. Please...
  8. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: I've updated every audio related driver I can find and searched for help for literal days and I can't find a solution that works. This issue started one morning for seemingly no reason. There was no windows update or anything unless it was just a background one and all of a...
  9. flash plug-ins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    flash plug-ins: plug-ins for video not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-plug-ins/308b4011-dde7-4d0c-8db8-766ac51a05cd
  10. Plug ins

in Browsers and Email
    Plug ins: I have a site meter to check the traffic on my web page. But when I go to the site meter it says, "Plug in needed" But it doesn't say what plug in I need. 76121