Windows 10: Headphones too loud and not recognized as playback device.

Discus and support Headphones too loud and not recognized as playback device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Sennheiser HD 580s, and I don't see them listed under playback devices. In playback, I see speakers and Realtek Digital Output. I have speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Barry Ellin, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Headphones too loud and not recognized as playback device.

I have Sennheiser HD 580s, and I don't see them listed under playback devices. In playback, I see speakers and Realtek Digital Output. I have speakers enabled.

When I plug in my headphones to the 3.5mm headphone jack of my case the sound is way way louder than coming from my speakers. Is there a way to lower the volume of the headphones without lowering the volume of the speakers? I'm on windows 10.

:)

Barry Ellin, Jan 22, 2021

2. Headphones not recognized in playback devices

Still having the same issue :/ The laptop recognizes the headphones but it doesn't show up in playback devices..I can only see speakers :/ Also, when i skype with my friends and i play something on my headphones; they can also hear it..

VarmenBork, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Headphones not recognized in playback devices

Hi Varmen,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

As the system is unable to recognize the headphones, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

This troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks for any common issues with the audio device and provides the detailed report of the device status.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • From the list, click on Playing Audio and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, then try method 2.

Method 2: Uninstall the Sound drivers.

• Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
    • Select Sound, video and gaming controllers.
    • Uninstall the High definition audio driver
    • Restart the system.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 22, 2021
  4. spriggs Win User

Headphones too loud and not recognized as playback device.

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Headphones too loud and not recognized as playback device.

1. Headphones too loud and not recognized as playback device. - Similar Threads - Headphones too loud

2. Headset too loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset too loud: I change the Windows playback volume, it get loud in the headset. It is connected via wired connection and I tried to unplug and plug it back it still the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-too-loud/a0c95522-f4b6-48b9-a8cc-c12eff658600
  3. Headset too loud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset too loud: I change the Windows playback volume, it get loud in the headset. It is connected via wired connection and I tried to unplug and plug it back it still the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-too-loud/a0c95522-f4b6-48b9-a8cc-c12eff658600
  4. Headset too loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset too loud: I have connected my headset. Sometimes when I change the Windows playback volume, it get loud in the headset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-too-loud/4692d72c-8e96-40c0-bc19-df26d144f5a6
  5. Headset too loud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset too loud: I have connected my headset. Sometimes when I change the Windows playback volume, it get loud in the headset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-too-loud/4692d72c-8e96-40c0-bc19-df26d144f5a6
  6. Headphone jack not showing on playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone jack not showing on playback devices: So I want to put my output audio as my earphones and so when I go to playback devices it doesnt show my plugged in esrphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-not-showing-on-playback-devices/cf78eb7d-fe4f-4ed7-9f2f-8dfda39d3af6
  7. Loudspeakers too loud?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loudspeakers too loud?: I bought the Logitech G560. The problem is that if you set the volume to 2, they are already quite loud. It doesn't matter whether you press the louder/quieter buttons on the speaker or use the speaker icon on the Windows 10 taskbar (well, actually to the right of the...
  8. My headphones are too loud even at 10 of 100 volume.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headphones are too loud even at 10 of 100 volume.: Is there anyway of calibrating the max volume of windows? Or EQing my headphones so they are quieter within windows (without third party software, Ive used some before). Ive seen that on some audio devices in the 'Enhancements' tab you have the option to EQ but I dont have...
  9. headphones arent under playback devices

headphones arent under playback devices: after my laptop has been repaired my headphones that work on my other laptop, are no longer discovered when i plug them in to this laptop, ive run a trouble shoot to no avail ive made sure they are in plugged into the right spot. the 3.5 headphone jack just doesn't seem to...
  10. Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

Headphones not showing in Playback Devices: So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in...