Windows 10: Headphones "Unplugged"

Discus and support Headphones "Unplugged" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. When attempting to delete and reinstall my Realtek HD audio driver my headphones have disappeared from the audio output selection. When viewing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Duckphone, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Duckphone Win User

Headphones "Unplugged"

Hello. When attempting to delete and reinstall my Realtek HD audio driver my headphones have disappeared from the audio output selection. When viewing the device it says the headphones are unplugged.

:)

Duckphone, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Zack_L-P Win User

Extremely bizarre issue where headphones don't work after being unplugged and plugged back in

I was going through your suggestions, until I got to this part. When I got to step 16 on that list (create a new admin user account and see if the problem persists in that account), I tried that suggestion and created a test account. At first, when I plugged
    in my headphones they weren't working (same as my original problem). But then when I unplugged them a Windows notification message popped up in the bottom right, saying something along the lines of "an audio device was disconnected". I plugged my headphones
    back in and got the same kind of windows popup asking what type of device I just plugged in, and I selected the headphone option. After that, the headphones worked fine even when unplugged and plugged back in. Unfortunately, they are only working fine in that
    alternate user account, and not in my normal one.

So I guess that means that the problem lies somewhere in my account settings, but how on earth do I fix it?

Zack_L-P, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Headphones "Unplugged"

Phone does not recognize that headphones are unplugged

• Music app is the only app that I've managed to recreate the problem with, but I don't normally use the others with headphones.
    • Yes, the track is typically paused before I unplug the headphones.
    • No, closing all apps that way does not resolve the issue.
    The issue had gotten better for a period of time with only the occasional (once a week) occurrence. I was able to power cycle to clear it up each time. Today, however, I have done multiple power cycles (five), and the issue still persists. I have inspected
    the headphone jack (as well as I can) to verify nothing is stuck. I have tried reopening and closing the music app. I have tried plugging in a set of headphones and unplugging them a few times to get the system to recognize that there are no longer headphones
    attached. I also tried powering the phone on with the headphones already plugged in, then opening music, playing a track, pausing it, force closing the app, then unplugging the headphones.

Jasotastic81, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Headphones "Unplugged"

1. Headphones "Unplugged" - Similar Threads - Headphones Unplugged

2. Headphones showing as unplugged.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones showing as unplugged.: I was using the front jack for my headphones for sometime, when they suddenly stopped working. I unplugged then plugged them, but windows didn't seem to detect it. I checked the sound control panel, and it was showing my device as unplugged, even though it was plugged in. I...
  3. my laptop blue screens when i unplug my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop blue screens when i unplug my headphones: i use an omen 15 and ive had a problem where my laptop blue screens when i unplug my jbl wired earbudsive searched for a fix but cant find one...
  4. my laptop blue screens when i unplug my headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop blue screens when i unplug my headphones: i use an omen 15 and ive had a problem where my laptop blue screens when i unplug my jbl wired earbudsive searched for a fix but cant find one...
  5. my laptop blue screens when i unplug my headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...: I've been looking through the old questions and I couldn't find a fix, the issue is pretty much what the title says.Please look at the image below, idk why it says this.Also I think the issue occurred after I updated my drivers from here...
  7. Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...

Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...: I've been looking through the old questions and I couldn't find a fix, the issue is pretty much what the title says.Please look at the image below, idk why it says this.Also I think the issue occurred after I updated my drivers from here...
  8. Headphones not working after I unplug and reconnect them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working after I unplug and reconnect them.: I have a dell laptop running windows 11 and whenever I unplug my headphones to use it on my phone or any other device and reconnect them to the laptop it won't work. But after a restart or uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver from device manager it works fine....
  9. Headphones not working after I unplug and reconnect them.

Headphones not working after I unplug and reconnect them.: I have a dell laptop running windows 11 and whenever I unplug my headphones to use it on my phone or any other device and reconnect them to the laptop it won't work. But after a restart or uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver from device manager it works fine....
  10. Headphones are no longer recognized on Windows 10 after mother accidentally unplugged PC...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones are no longer recognized on Windows 10 after mother accidentally unplugged PC...: For a good portion of the day, I was using my computer and the audio was working just fine. However, I left after a while, and when I came back, I found the PC's power cable unplugged. I plugged it in again, turned the PC on, and now my headphones aren't recognized anywhere....