Windows 10: Headphones "Unplugged"

Discus and support Headphones "Unplugged" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. When attempting to delete and reinstall my Realtek HD audio driver my headphones have disappeared from the audio output selection. When viewing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Duckphone, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Duckphone Win User

Headphones "Unplugged"

Hello. When attempting to delete and reinstall my Realtek HD audio driver my headphones have disappeared from the audio output selection. When viewing the device it says the headphones are unplugged.

:)

Duckphone, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Zack_L-P Win User

Extremely bizarre issue where headphones don't work after being unplugged and plugged back in

I was going through your suggestions, until I got to this part. When I got to step 16 on that list (create a new admin user account and see if the problem persists in that account), I tried that suggestion and created a test account. At first, when I plugged
    in my headphones they weren't working (same as my original problem). But then when I unplugged them a Windows notification message popped up in the bottom right, saying something along the lines of "an audio device was disconnected". I plugged my headphones
    back in and got the same kind of windows popup asking what type of device I just plugged in, and I selected the headphone option. After that, the headphones worked fine even when unplugged and plugged back in. Unfortunately, they are only working fine in that
    alternate user account, and not in my normal one.

So I guess that means that the problem lies somewhere in my account settings, but how on earth do I fix it?

Zack_L-P, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Headphones "Unplugged"

Phone does not recognize that headphones are unplugged

• Music app is the only app that I've managed to recreate the problem with, but I don't normally use the others with headphones.
    • Yes, the track is typically paused before I unplug the headphones.
    • No, closing all apps that way does not resolve the issue.
    The issue had gotten better for a period of time with only the occasional (once a week) occurrence. I was able to power cycle to clear it up each time. Today, however, I have done multiple power cycles (five), and the issue still persists. I have inspected
    the headphone jack (as well as I can) to verify nothing is stuck. I have tried reopening and closing the music app. I have tried plugging in a set of headphones and unplugging them a few times to get the system to recognize that there are no longer headphones
    attached. I also tried powering the phone on with the headphones already plugged in, then opening music, playing a track, pausing it, force closing the app, then unplugging the headphones.

Jasotastic81, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Headphones "Unplugged"

1. Headphones "Unplugged" - Similar Threads - Headphones Unplugged

2. Headset audio quality vs headphone audio quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset audio quality vs headphone audio quality: So I have a pair of headphones that have a mic built into them and in the sound control panel I can set them as either "Headphones" or as a "Headset". The difference is, I can't use the built-in mic when I have it set as headphones. But the audio quality is drastically worse...
  3. No sound from wired headphones

No sound from wired headphones: I have a pair of wired headphones but i cannot hear sound when connected to front heasphone jack on my Asus pc and investigated Realtek HD Audio Manager settings but cannot see anything happen when headphones connected the front audio jacks appear greyed out and have ticked...
  4. Bluetooth headphones not working with Windows 10

Bluetooth headphones not working with Windows 10: I have 2 different bluetooth headphones - which work well with my moblie and tablet, but don't with my Dell XPS laptop. I can pair the devices, they even show as connected, but no sounds come off them. I've tried changing the Bluetooth Support Service to automatic, updating...
  5. Surface Book 2 USB headphones Jabra BIZ 2400 II crackling sound

Surface Book 2 USB headphones Jabra BIZ 2400 II crackling sound: Hi, I have Jabra BIZ 2400 II USB headphones with microphone connected toSurface Book 2 USB port. Using it with Teams or just listening to music starts fine and after a period of time, more and more,crackling sound is heard through the headphones. In the same time microphone...
  6. No audio after unplugging headphones

No audio after unplugging headphones: Earlier this year in January I had a major SSD crash, and I was forced to buy a new one and install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on it. After installing Windows, I re-installed all of the drivers recommended by my laptop manufacturer's I have a Razer Blade 15' 2018 from their...
  7. Audio randomly stops working, will work again after plugging and unplugging headphones.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly stops working, will work again after plugging and unplugging headphones.: Pretty much the title. To be clear, I will be listening to a video through my laptop's speakers, without heaphones, then out of nowhere the audio will stop. I've figured out that if I plug in my headphones and then unplug them again, the audio will temporarily come back,...
  8. Audio not working after unplugging headphones

Audio not working after unplugging headphones: Hi, my audio works good on speakers and on headphones until I unplug the headphones jack. At that point all the sound stops working. I can't get audio from the speakers nor the headphones even if I plug the headphones back . However, I do am able to get audio through...
  9. Extremely bizarre issue where headphones don't work after being unplugged and plugged back in

Extremely bizarre issue where headphones don't work after being unplugged and plugged back in: I have an incredibly bizarre headphones issue on my ASUS Zenbook 15 UX533FD. I'm running Windows 10 Home, version 1809, build 17763.615, and windows update says I don't have any updates to install at this time. Basically, if I ever unplug a pair of headphones and then plug...
  10. The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help

The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help: So last night I was about to shut my computer down when I saw it needed to update. I let it update and it took about 30 minutes to an hour. This morning I woke up hoping to use my computer but when I started it up I noticed that there was a red x icon next to the volume...