Windows 10: Headphones with mic not working

Discus and support Headphones with mic not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a problem with my headphones that have a mic on them, the mic does not work. The headphones also show up as headphones instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZapzZX, Feb 19, 2021.

1. ZapzZX Win User

Headphones with mic not working

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my headphones that have a mic on them, the mic does not work.

The headphones also show up as headphones instead of headset which I'm assuming is the problem.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

:)

ZapzZX, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Headphones with mic not working

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 7745 that I have been trying to get the external audio ports to work correctly on since I upgraded it to Windows 10 - it was originally a Win7 machine from the factory. It's got three external audio ports:

Headphones with mic not working [​IMG]

Win10 runs fine on it (Core i3 @ 2.27Ghz, 4GB RAM) and sound through the speakers works fine, as does the internal mic, but PLUGGING IN a mic or headphones is the issue - external plugged in mics are not picked up at all, and plugging in headphones disables the internal speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones.

I found this thread (Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio) and was trying to follow the instructions to find the correct driver to use by looking at the 'Driver Details' lists, but I am a bit confused. When I upgraded to Win10, Windows 10 installed generic drivers for the sound card and I had the same issue - sound through speakers and internal mic was fine, but the jacks didn't work.

So, I thought I would go download some specific drivers...the latest drivers listed for audio on Acer's site for this machine are the Win7 64-bit drivers, so I installed those and, as mentioned, sound still worked fine other than the external jacks (I know the external jacks are not broken/damaged, by the way, because they used to work fine under Windows 7). When following along the list of 'special files' the aforementioned thread asks me to look for, I find both 'FMAP064.dll' from the 'FF01' 'Special Files' list...but I also see 'MaxxAudioAPO20.dll' and 'MaxxAudioEQ.dll' from the FF06 'Special Files' list...?

....so which one of those drivers do I get (FF01 or FF06)?

Where it gets even more confusing is that when I try running the Powershell script suggested in that same thread to suggest a driver, it tells me this:

Headphones with mic not working [​IMG]

...so should I follow the Powershell script's suggestion and look for ANY new driver that has the 'hdxrt.inf' file in it? (Like the one listed here: Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio )?

Sorry for the novel, but it's a tad bit confusing as to what driver I should be looking for...

Could anybody link me to a driver that might work?

Thanks so much in advance!

Darkstrike, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Headphones with mic not working

1. Headphones with mic not working - Similar Threads - Headphones mic working

2. Mic of headphone is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic of headphone is not working: Hi!I just got my new pc and now when i try to connect my headset with new pc the headset is not being detecting by the computer. I can hear things from computer which means headphone is working but mic is not working. I tried connect my headset with other devices its working...
  3. Mic of headphone is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic of headphone is not working: Hi!I just got my new pc and now when i try to connect my headset with new pc the headset is not being detecting by the computer. I can hear things from computer which means headphone is working but mic is not working. I tried connect my headset with other devices its working...
  4. Mic of headphone is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphone Mic not working.

Headphone Mic not working.: I have a wireless headset, its mic work when it's connected to Bluetooth but when I use the aux cable the aux has only 2 rings to use the headset the microphone doesn't work. So, tried the headphone on a phone with aux and the mic works. How to solve this problem?...
  6. Headphone Mic Not Working!

Headphone Mic Not Working!: For some reason, my laptop, Dell Latitude 3480, will NOT use the headphone/earbud mic, it always uses the integrated mic, ive tried everything updated drivers, set default mic, etc please help. Edit: only bluetooth mics work since they appear in the recording section of...
  7. headphone mic is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    headphone mic is not working: I connected my headphones to the PC using USB cable. But the mic is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-mic-is-not-working/b2c51428-d9f6-4595-b7de-edf3e8d05c64
  8. Headphone Mic not working

Headphone Mic not working: Hello, My headphone mic is not working. I've literally tried everything. I have checked privacy settings. I have check all sound properties the mic is working and coming up on the levels with green bars but anytime im on chat or the xbox game bar it doesnt...
  9. Headphone mic not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphone mic not working.: I got a PC compatible headphone, driver is realtek(updated). When I connect headphone a message popa up and I select headphone now the sound output is ok but my headphone's mic is not working also not even showing in Sound control panel. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  10. Headphones mic not working

Headphones mic not working: So i just got a new laptop dell g3 15 and my microphone does not work i checked device manager sound,video and games controller and my mic wasn't there...Headphones work good and everything ,the first day mic worked fine and then it disappeared,so now i only can use my...