Windows 10: Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

Discus and support Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell G3 2019 laptop running Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver the latest. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rock_Kurd, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Rock_Kurd Win User

Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

I have a Dell G3 2019 laptop running Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver the latest. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the speaker is off. Then if I unplug the headphones, the speaker comes back on and plugging the headphones in again changes nothing -- speaker on, headphones silent. In the sound settings, headphones don't appear in either case. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help

:)

Rock_Kurd, Sep 2, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Rock_Kurd Win User

I have a Dell G3 2019 laptop running Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver (the latest). When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart
    after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the speaker is off. Then if I unplug the headphones, the speaker comes back on and plugging the headphones in again changes nothing -- speaker on, headphones silent. In the sound settings, headphones
    don't appear in either case. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help

Rock_Kurd, Sep 4, 2020
  4. niskytom Win User

I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver (version
    6.0.1.8216 which I believe is the latest). When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the speaker is off. Then if I unplug
    the headphones, the speaker comes back on and plugging the headphones in again changes nothing -- speaker on, headphones silent. In the sound settings, headphones don't appear in either case. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help

niskytom, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in - Similar Threads - Headphones restart headphones

2. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version 6.0.9309.1. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...
  3. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version 6.0.9309.1. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...
  4. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphones work only after Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones work only after Restart: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 11 . When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the speaker is off. Then if I unplug the...
  6. Headphones work only after Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones work only after Restart: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 11 . When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the speaker is off. Then if I unplug the...
  7. Headphones work only after restarting with headphones plugged in

Headphones work only after restarting with headphones plugged in: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version v6.0.8838.1 A09 which is the latest. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the...
  8. Headphones only work after I restart my computer with them plugged in

Headphones only work after I restart my computer with them plugged in: I have an Acer laptop running windows 10 home with the Realtek 6.0.8904.1 driver. The computer also has 2 other main sound drivers: Intel display audio and NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDB. I also have 2 other sounds drivers but those are both for my JBL 120TWS...
  9. Mic is only working when I plug headphones in!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic is only working when I plug headphones in!: Hi, The microphone on my work computer is only working, when I plug the headphones into the jack. They are normal headphone and do not have any type of voice input on them. I have tried troubleshooting, but no joy. The computer can detect the microphone, and the testing...
  10. speakers + headphones plugged in - only headphones will play

speakers + headphones plugged in - only headphones will play: I recently purchased a new Dell Inspirion gaming desktop. It has a combo jack on the front and the regular 7.1 channel audio jacks on the back. I have speakers plugged in the back and a headset/microphone plugged into the front...….as soon as I plug the headset into the...