Heads up multiple desktops

Discus and support Heads up multiple desktops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Apparently when you install a program the UAC dialogue box pops up on Desktop 1, so if you are on Desktop 2 you will wait and wait for installation to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Mayagrafix Win User

Apparently when you install a program the UAC dialogue box pops up on Desktop 1, so if you are on Desktop 2 you will wait and wait for installation to proceed...

:)

Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015
  2. WilliamTurcotte Win User

Windows 10 extending the desktop instead of mirror the desktop on 2nd monitor

You probably already have this resolved but I found this post and it didn't answer my question.

Right clicking on the desktop popped into my head and there it was, display settings. Click on that then scroll down to multiple displays. Click on extend screen.

Hope this answers the question

WilliamTurcotte, Mar 25, 2015
  3. zachd [MSFT] Win User
    Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

<confusion>

zachd [MSFT], Mar 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Heads up multiple desktops - Similar Threads - Heads multiple desktops

2. Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of Windows Explorer: Opened up task manager and saw that in the Processes tab, there were 41 instances of Windows Explorer running. I open WE frequently but only one or two at the same time and didn't have any open at that time. And it's not just a temporary thing, I have been checking...
  3. Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...: Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to do it but I'm the admin. My laptop has only one user account and it´s the administrator, and I´ve installed whatsapp using this account, so I don't understand why I don't have the...
  4. Something is up with Youtube (Messed up Layout)

in Browsers and Email
    Something is up with Youtube (Messed up Layout): I was watching some videos on youtube, catching up on my watch later playlist, then when I got done, I planned on looking up some car maintenance vids. Then out of nowhere, youtube's layout went screwy. I use google chrome (stable, version 68.0.3440.106), and I use the...
  5. Desktop sharing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop sharing: A chat site says I am using a desktop sharing prgram!!! What is this this & how do I rectify it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/desktop-sharing/ccf0a438-997a-47e8-b95a-2c06dfd33e75"
  6. HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back (Re-Ask)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back (Re-Ask): Hi there, First of all, I have asked exactly the same question but didn't get an answer, but got some recommendations done and after some time I replied some of the solutions, but no response! I guess I have to ask AGAIN! I have an ASUS laptop with these specs: CPU:...
  7. mic not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic not picking up my voice: oh boy ok so im on windows 10 and im having issues with my microphone now. so my built-in laptop mic is not working atm. every time i try to record my voice, all i hear is static or light faint taps. it isnt picking up my voice but its picking up output audio. i tried...
  8. How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?: I have used remote desktop for years, but since the windows 10 app came out, I have nothing but trouble. Most of the time it just won't connect. It wants an email or URL. This is a private LAN. I've enabled remote desktop on the server and my local PC. I am the administrator....
  9. BSOD multiple machines vdd2hookkmode.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD multiple machines vdd2hookkmode.sys: Hi, Anyone could help me with analyse attached dump file? I have multiple machone with BSOD, all with vdd2hookkmode.sys fail. https://everisgroup-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/jovieira_everis_com/EVZuCQ0X1NxMl9BNfDwPJBUB7I7dpYJZxfQNSKHw6t0b8w?e=OyI2BK...
  10. computer hangs or locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    computer hangs or locks up: evry since the 1803 my computer hangs or freezes I can move mouse and right click but I can't left click or contro alt delete doesn't help I have to manual hold power button shut down. I tried turning off the hardware accerlation on both firfox and edge but didn't help can...