Windows 10: Heads up multiple desktops

Discus and support Heads up multiple desktops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Apparently when you install a program the UAC dialogue box pops up on Desktop 1, so if you are on Desktop 2 you will wait and wait for installation to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Heads up multiple desktops

Apparently when you install a program the UAC dialogue box pops up on Desktop 1, so if you are on Desktop 2 you will wait and wait for installation to proceed...

:)

Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015

2. Windows 10 extending the desktop instead of mirror the desktop on 2nd monitor

You probably already have this resolved but I found this post and it didn't answer my question.

Right clicking on the desktop popped into my head and there it was, display settings. Click on that then scroll down to multiple displays. Click on extend screen.

Hope this answers the question

WilliamTurcotte, Mar 25, 2015
  3. Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

<confusion>

zachd [MSFT], Mar 25, 2015
Thema:

Heads up multiple desktops

1. Heads up multiple desktops - Similar Threads - Heads multiple desktops

2. multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple desktops: How do I show the taskbar only on the desktop I'm using. The settings in settings don't work. The taskbar shows on all desktops even if I select only the one I'm using. If I change the taskbar, it changes and shows on all desktops....
  3. Multiple Desktop settings

Multiple Desktop settings: Is there any possible way to open a new document in excel/word/publisher etc on a new desktop window without the computer taking you back to the last desktop that application was used? I'm constantly having to jump back and forth to move files when I need different excel...
  4. Multiple Desktops

Multiple Desktops: I have a lot of shortcut Icons on my Win 10 laptop desktop (over 60) and would like to be able to sort them into two groups of related applications, and place them on two different desktop displays, which I could switch between by using say a combination of keyboard...
  5. Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktops: In build 10041, there has been a change to only display the active running programs icons in the taskbar for the current open Desktop. (See Insider Hub "New features in Build 10041") If you have multiple desktops running and would like to see ALL running programs on the...
  6. Saving multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving multiple desktops: I set up 3 distinct desktops to manage some work. I moved copies of files, etc. Everything working fine. Shut PC down for the night. When I turned PC on the next day, all of the desktops were empty! How do I save Desktops 2, 3 etc??? 49043
  7. multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple desktops: anyone else seeing this issue on 10130? 1. Open two desktops 2. Open edge on desktop 1 3. Go to desktop 2, and open edge 4. It will take you to the open instance on desktop 1 and 1. open two desktops 2. open 3 or 4 apps on desktop 1 3. open some apps on desktop 2...
  8. Multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops: Just found the new feature (for windows anyway) of multiple desktops. This I like a lot, makes multitasking that much more easier :-) Does anyone know if there are, and if so, what are the keyboard controls? do I have to use the task bar button to create a new desktop, and...
  9. Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktops: Is it possible to create multiple and independent desktops? I clicked on Task View and was able to create several desktops, all exact images of my main desktop. However, when I deleted some unneeded Icons from Desktop 2, I discovered that the selected icons were also...
  10. Multiple Desktop question

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktop question: I've been trying to do something with multiple desktops in 10 with no success. Is there a way - if you're using multiple monitors - to have different desktops displayed on different monitors at the same time? 20215