Windows 10: Heads up multiple desktops

Discus and support Heads up multiple desktops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Apparently when you install a program the UAC dialogue box pops up on Desktop 1, so if you are on Desktop 2 you will wait and wait for installation to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Heads up multiple desktops

Apparently when you install a program the UAC dialogue box pops up on Desktop 1, so if you are on Desktop 2 you will wait and wait for installation to proceed...

:)

Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015

2. Windows 10 extending the desktop instead of mirror the desktop on 2nd monitor

You probably already have this resolved but I found this post and it didn't answer my question.

Right clicking on the desktop popped into my head and there it was, display settings. Click on that then scroll down to multiple displays. Click on extend screen.

Hope this answers the question

WilliamTurcotte, Mar 25, 2015
  3. Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

<confusion>

zachd [MSFT], Mar 25, 2015
Thema:

Heads up multiple desktops

1. Heads up multiple desktops - Similar Threads - Heads multiple desktops

2. Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Desktops: When I create a 2nd desktop, all the apps,etc., on Desktop1 show on Desktop 2. Also, when I add or delete an app or shortcut, it is duplicated on the other desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-desktops/e3b01a15-9098-4da0-acd5-a4d1a5161884
  3. Multiple Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Desktop: For some reason if I open two or more desktops , and i stay on one deskop for a while , my pc will automatically close the applications i have running in other desktops ... Why is this so?...
  4. Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Desktops: Multiple desktops in Windows 10, how can I stop them syncing, I have turned off the syncing option in all settings. I am trying to personalise the favourite bar in each desktop on the one computer so myself and my partner can have it set up just as we like it for our...
  5. WMIC Deprecated - HEADS UP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMIC Deprecated - HEADS UP: I used WMIC /? > WMIC.txt to view all of WMIC's commands and at the top of the page it says in red "WMIC is deprecated". After doing some looking on the internet, I found that Powershell is going to be a replacement and that some of WMIC commands may return errors. 175496
  6. Setting up multiple desktops for different drives

Setting up multiple desktops for different drives: I have recently gotten a second monitor, and would like to have my hard drive's files displayed on the second. Currently, i have 2 drives, a 1TB SSD and a 2TB HDD, my desktop is currently using my SSD's files, but I'd like my second monitor to have the files of my HDD without...
  7. Heads-up: Solution to the LogiLDA.dll anomaly

Heads-up: Solution to the LogiLDA.dll anomaly: Occasionally users might get a pop-up after Windows boot-up. The pop-up reads: There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. Not lethal, just annoying, although I've read that not eliminating it eventually can cause...
  8. multiple desktops

multiple desktops: How do I show the taskbar only on the desktop I'm using. The settings in settings don't work. The taskbar shows on all desktops even if I select only the one I'm using. If I change the taskbar, it changes and shows on all desktops....
  9. Multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops: Just found the new feature (for windows anyway) of multiple desktops. This I like a lot, makes multitasking that much more easier :-) Does anyone know if there are, and if so, what are the keyboard controls? do I have to use the task bar button to create a new desktop, and...
  10. Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktops: Is it possible to create multiple and independent desktops? I clicked on Task View and was able to create several desktops, all exact images of my main desktop. However, when I deleted some unneeded Icons from Desktop 2, I discovered that the selected icons were also...