Windows 10: Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work

Discus and support Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a new headset and I've had problems with my audio jack but somehow fixed it after days of looking. My headset isn't detected at all but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by restyoureyes, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work

I just bought a new headset and I've had problems with my audio jack but somehow fixed it after days of looking. My headset isn't detected at all but the sound goes through while the mic on the headset just doesn't work and neither show up in disabled devices either. What can I do?

:)

restyoureyes, Mar 21, 2021

2. Headphones Not Detected

Wasn't sure what topic to put this under.

Windows 10 refuses to detect my headphones from my headset. The mic is fine. The computer even recognizes when I plug the headphones of the headset in. But it refuses to detect them. I can go into my Sound in Control Panel all day, and there will NEVER be any
    headphones in that list. So, no, I cannot click headphones, just making that clear before someone suggests clicking on headphones.

How do I force Windows 10 to detect the headphones that I have plugged in, so that they will work? The jack is working fine. When I plug them in it gives me the pop-up letting me know that I plugged something into the jack. But that's the end of it. It will
    not detect the headphones. Nothing comes out of them. There are no headphones in the Sound list. There is nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Why does it register something is plugged in and then refuse to detect it?

Someone please figure out why Windows 10 simply cannot detect headphones and help me fix this so I can use my headset.

MorgothBauglir1, Mar 21, 2021
  3. JJ Yuin Win User
    Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working

My headphone was working well previously but after i plugged in my PS4 controller i think it just override the software or something. I used to be able to listen and talk with this headphone and in the sound playback panel it will be detected as KZ earphone
    but now it is detected as speakers and it is shown that the earphone is disconnected. The most important thing is that the mic is no longer detected. I cant talk with my headphone anymore. I've tried a lot of ways but it didnt work... like updating the drivers.

Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work 93d595ee-3604-4899-8fc2-f8fcec5ceb05?upload=true.png

Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work 95466f6f-632f-4b69-8155-5006d5586b58?upload=true.png
    Pls
    help

JJ Yuin, Mar 21, 2021
  4. AndreTen Win User

Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work

Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio

Hi chaosagency! Welcome to Tenforums.

Try to unplug mic cable and plug it back. Drivers should ask what device a re you using. Try different connection, that works sometimes.

Check that you haven't muted the mic.. and what says the recording tab in sounds?

Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work [​IMG]

AndreTen, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work

1. Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work - Similar Threads - Headseat headphones detected

2. Mic is detected but not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic is detected but not working: No audio input device is detected in my computer while using teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-detected-but-not-working/d1c5800b-94c9-4313-9916-e3085d952741
  3. Mic is detected but not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic is detected but not working: No audio input device is detected in my computer while using teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-detected-but-not-working/d1c5800b-94c9-4313-9916-e3085d952741
  4. Mic is detected but not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Headphone Mic detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Mic detection: My Dell laptop cannot detect the headphone mic, the headphone mic works with my other computers, I tried to connect a splitter but it is still the same , can someone help me out how can I connect it....
  6. Headphone Mic detection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Mic detection: My Dell laptop cannot detect the headphone mic, the headphone mic works with my other computers, I tried to connect a splitter but it is still the same , can someone help me out how can I connect it....
  7. Mic is detected but not working

Mic is detected but not working: Heloo everyonei ı am having prroblems with my mic. Windows detects mic also the realtek software detects mic but its not working. The problem is not with the mic since ı use it with other devices whic works fine. When ı make sound there is no change in the sound bar as...
  8. Mic not working/detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working/detected: My friend recently built a pc, everything went fine till he plugged in his headset, it wasnt detected, no audio no mic. He then called MSI (motherboard maker) and they said to connect it from the rear, the audio worked but no mic. We tried everything but nothing worked, he...
  9. Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work

Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work: I'm on Windows 10, using Realtek Audio Ok here's what I've what's happening and what I've tried- my headset mic stopped, which uses the 3.5mm jacks on my PC. Audio comes into the headphones fine, but the mic isn't detecting my voice. I figured maybe the mic on my...
  10. Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working

Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working: My headphone was working well previously but after i plugged in my PS4 controller i think it just override the software or something. I used to be able to listen and talk with this headphone and in the sound playback panel it will be detected as KZ earphone but now it is...