Windows 10: Headset and Camera no longer options

Discus and support Headset and Camera no longer options in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About two months ago, I was mid conversation with a student about 2.5 hours into a lecture, when my camera and voice suddenly stopped working. It has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ga9Mc, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Ga9Mc Win User

Headset and Camera no longer options

About two months ago, I was mid conversation with a student about 2.5 hours into a lecture, when my camera and voice suddenly stopped working. It has not worked since. The computer does not register that the camera is plugged in. It is not the camera. I have tested it on other computers. The camera app and the logitech software the camera is a logitech c270 also do not register the camera. I have tested all of the USB ports and they all work. It registers that the headphones are plugged in and I can hear through them, but it will not register the microphone. I have tried multiple pairs of headphones and it will not acknowledge any microphones. Neither option is listed in device manager. I cannot add them through add legacy hardware. I cannot choose them off a drop down menu. It is as if they suddenly vanished off the computer mid use. On advice from Microsoft Support, I re-downloaded Windows 10 64-bit Home today and reinstalled it. It still doesn't work and they are still not options on the computer. Does anyone have any idea what suddenly happened and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

The computer has an MSI H110M motherboard, and the Windows info is:

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎10/‎28/‎2020

OS build 19042.572

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

:)

Ga9Mc, Oct 29, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset and Camera no longer options :p

cadaveca, Oct 29, 2020
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Headset and Camera no longer options

Cameras no longer upload to computer

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

The issue might occur due to some corruption in the driver. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Hardware troubleshooter

1. Type control panel in the search box.

2. Click on troubleshooting in the control panel.

3. Click view all.

4. Click hardware and devices.

5. Follow on screen instruction.

Method 2

Uninstall and reinstall camera driver

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.

• Locate camera driver and expand the same.

• Right-click on camera driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

• If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
      to install the driver in compatibility mode.
      Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.
    • Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
      • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
      • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
        ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Headset and Camera no longer options

1. Headset and Camera no longer options - Similar Threads - Headset Camera longer

2. My camera no longer works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera no longer works.: My camera no longer works. I undertook all the recommended checks including updating relevant software.However, I was unable to solve the defect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-no-longer-works/45d5c019-50c1-49b3-9fdf-07d568260f46
  3. Onboard camera no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onboard camera no longer working: camera no longer working on Windows 10. Error message: "We can't find your cameras. Check to be sure it's connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by antivirus software, and that you camera drivers are up to date." Error code 0xA00F42440xCooD36D5. Camera...
  4. Onboard camera no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onboard camera no longer working: camera no longer working on Windows 10. Error message: "We can't find your cameras. Check to be sure it's connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by antivirus software, and that you camera drivers are up to date." Error code 0xA00F42440xCooD36D5. Camera...
  5. Microphone works with mic in option but not with headset option

Microphone works with mic in option but not with headset option: My mic suddenly stopped working yesterday. I've tried all the normal steps like setting my microphone as the default device, trying other headsets, restarting my pc, updating my drivers, etc. but I can't get it to work. I have noticed that although my mic does not work...
  6. Camera no longer detectable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera no longer detectable: on Samsung Galaxy Book Flex α 13.3” with Windows 10Already checked camera setting, privacy... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-no-longer-detectable/a7f80ebd-100c-4bd9-b912-805f61ac2b5f
  7. No option to switch on camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No option to switch on camera: I have class and its mandatory for me to turn on my camera or ill be marked absent and i got a new computer with microsoft egde and everything i try to turn on my camera to google meet it doesnt allow it, ive tried allowing the camera to that specific site and it didnt work...
  8. No headset option?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No headset option?: I just built a pc recently and to my mistake, havent updated the drivers to anything. but, I have plugged in my headset but when I choose what I plugged in the only options are line in, mic in, and heaphones there was another option but I forgot it, I am so sorry, but no...
  9. camera and mic no longer working

camera and mic no longer working: I cannot locate my camera under device manager and microphone has all the up to date drivers yet, it's still not working. I've rebooted several times and followed all the threads online I could find. Still nothing. HP stream is only a year old....
  10. Laptop camera no longer working

Laptop camera no longer working: Camera no longer working, flashes, see light indicating camera working, but flashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-camera-no-longer-working/fc930318-fbbb-460d-9c42-04d4a45fbd28