Windows 10: Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not

Discus and support Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use Turtlebeach Recon 50 headset and microphone. Since the last week I’ve encountered an issue because my computer shows this headset and mic as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MiguelShumaker, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not

I use Turtlebeach Recon 50 headset and microphone. Since the last week I’ve encountered an issue because my computer shows this headset and mic as plugged in but they are not. When I plug in the headset, I have a problem with sound because it comes through the headset but there is no sound over the microphone. Reinstalling drivers didn’t help. Plugging into different jacks is also has no avail

:)

MiguelShumaker, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Headset Mic "Not Plugged In"

Hi,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Did you already try to plugged the headset into another port which indicating the mic and headset icon?
    • When did the issue first occur?
    • Did you already try to use another headset to other devices and check if you are encountering the same issue?
    Regards.

Ma. Lau, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Erson Mag Win User
    Headset with Mic "not plugged in," clearly plugged in... Win10

We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried using other headsets with mic on your computer and check if it's working fine?
    • Have you also tried to insert or use that headset with mic that came with your computer to other computers or devices? This will help us isolate the issue if it's related to your Windows 10 PC or to the headset with mic.
    We look forward to your response.

Erson Mag, Mar 15, 2019
  4. BStreeter Win User

Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not

Headset Mic "Not Plugged In"

How odd. I tried using both ports for the mic and headset before and it still said the mic wasn't plugged in, but now it does and the mic is working. I'm not sure what changed overnight, but it would appear the problem is fixed. Sorry to waste your time.

BStreeter, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not

1. Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not - Similar Threads - Headset mic are

2. Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in: Hello, I've been having this issue where my headset and microphone (Turtlebeach Recon 50) is showing as plugged in when disconnected. When plugging in, sound comes through the headset but no sound goes the microphone. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers multiple times...
  3. Headset Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic: I recently just built a new pc. Everything was fine until I plugged in my Astro A 10 headphones and the mic that is already on wasn't detected. Any solutions/answers on how to get my mic to be recognized? I have Windows 10 64 bit. I have yet to activate windows yet though....
  4. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...
  5. Can't configure headset mic

Can't configure headset mic: I've been trying to troubleshoot this for months, and gave up a while back. Now I'm just asking for help. I Build a PC a few months ago and installed windows 10. Everything works fine, except microphones. I have a bose headset with one 3.5mm cable, but I know it has a working...
  6. Mic and Headset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic and Headset: Ok so basically, I have a gaming headset with a mic, I plugged it in via audio jack of my windows 10 computer. At the beginning each time I plugged in my headset my computer would ask me what I plugged in (Headphones, Mic, ETC). So I set it to headphones and clicked: Don't...
  7. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...
  8. Headset mic

Headset mic: im a pc gamer and i like to talk to my friends while playing, but to do so i have to use an xbox controller, because when i plug my headset into the jack on my pc, the sound works but not the mic. and i went into the sounds control panel, and the mic says that the input is...
  9. My headset’s mic not working in Win10

My headset’s mic not working in Win10: My headset (model hyper x cloud core)’s mic is not working when i plug the headset into the green audio port. Even i plugged it into red audio port, the mic can be recognize but it come with a extremely low sound. I am using a desktop. OS is Windows 10 64bit, Motherboard is...
  10. How to use headset with mic

How to use headset with mic: i just bought a headset which has a built in mic (one you can plug and unplug from the left earcup) and i can't figure out how to use it. i plug it into one audio jack and i only get the audio (not the mic) another one, and i get the mic and not the audio. am i being stupid?...