Windows 10: Headset Audio On Windows 10 Laptops

Discus and support Headset Audio On Windows 10 Laptops in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When plugging my headset into my laptop, the laptop does not acknowledge or detect the headset's microphone. The headsets audio works fine, however,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stricklandshosenberg, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Headset Audio On Windows 10 Laptops

When plugging my headset into my laptop, the laptop does not acknowledge or detect the headset's microphone. The headsets audio works fine, however, the laptop using its own integrated microphone. I have made sure the audio drivers are up to date, checked if the microphone was hidden or disabled, re-installed the drivers and checked the audio control panel to no result. In addition, I have researched online and found no remedies that could assist me in finding a solution to this issue. The headset is a pair of Astro A10's and the manufacturer of the laptop is dell.

:)

stricklandshosenberg, Oct 27, 2018
  2. Windbrand Win User

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Oct 27, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset Audio On Windows 10 Laptops :p

cadaveca, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

Headset Audio On Windows 10 Laptops

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

Headset Audio On Windows 10 Laptops

1. Headset Audio On Windows 10 Laptops - Similar Threads - Headset Audio Laptops

2. No headset audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No headset audio.: My wireless razer kraken kitty headset is giving me no audio on teams unless im using its mic as the output device, I am trying to use my quadcast X for the mic and the bluetooth on on the kraken cuts out or becomes robotic sounding but then i get no audio, teams is...
  3. No headset audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No headset audio.: My wireless razer kraken kitty headset is giving me no audio on teams unless im using its mic as the output device, I am trying to use my quadcast X for the mic and the bluetooth on on the kraken cuts out or becomes robotic sounding but then i get no audio, teams is...
  4. no audio with external headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio with external headset: i have never tried a headset. when i plug it in the sound still comes out of the speakers. i don't see an appropriate categorydell is useless.how do i fix this?...
  5. Windows 10 Intermitent Switch Audio to Headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Intermitent Switch Audio to Headset: About 2 weeks ago I offered to upgraded to Windows 11. After that offer which I didnt accept, my audio got error. After some analysis I found that my audio routed to "headphone" altough I did not plug anythin to audio jack.Anyone facing same issue? I have already update audio...
  6. Windows 10 Intermitent Switch Audio to Headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Intermitent Switch Audio to Headset: About 2 weeks ago I offered to upgraded to Windows 11. After that offer which I didnt accept, my audio got error. After some analysis I found that my audio routed to "headphone" altough I did not plug anythin to audio jack.Anyone facing same issue? I have already update audio...
  7. Windows 10 Intermitent Switch Audio to Headset

8. Audio Issue with Headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Issue with Headset: Hi all, I'm having a weird audio problem with Windows 10. When I use my headset to listen to anything (music, game audio, etc), sounds at certain pitches sound tinny or quiet. The best way I can describe it is like Windows is trying to output the sound in a 5 or 7 channel...
  9. No headset audio?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No headset audio?: My old headset cord broke so I got a new one and now when I plug the cord in the sound comes from my speakers. There is no headset option in playback devices but the headset option in my device manager is grayed out. Also my computer has soundblaster not realtek. submitted...
  10. Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?: Hi Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input. I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall...