Windows 10: Headset audio quality vs headphone audio quality

Discus and support Headset audio quality vs headphone audio quality in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have a pair of headphones that have a mic built into them and in the sound control panel I can set them as either "Headphones" or as a "Headset".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Philboh, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Philboh Win User

Headset audio quality vs headphone audio quality

So I have a pair of headphones that have a mic built into them and in the sound control panel I can set them as either "Headphones" or as a "Headset". The difference is, I can't use the built-in mic when I have it set as headphones. But the audio quality is drastically worse when it's set as a headset not even sure how the difference can be this apparent, is there any way to fix this?

:)

Philboh, Apr 3, 2020

2. Low quality audio in headset when microphone is activated

Anytime anything activates the mic (Discord, Skype, Webex, the recording tab in the sound part of the control panel) the audio quality in my headset is very low quality.

To Reproduce:

1. Play music of choice
    2. Press the windows key and type sound
    3. Click the Recording tab. Music will change to low quality
    4. Click the Playback tab your music should sound normal
    5. Rip hair out in frustration

Bill Young, Apr 3, 2020
  3. N80 audio quality

Audio quality is of course very subjective, but havind played with th N80 and its headset its a good as any other high end Nokia for audio quality, except for N91 which is slightly better, but then it should be! I personally prefer the N91 but I dont think
    I'd complain if I had to use an N80 as the camera is much better!

megadodo---01, Apr 3, 2020
  4. David P10 Win User

Poor audio quality in Sony mdr zx330bt Headphone

A:

1 I've been facing this issue since I've connected these to my computer

2 No, Not really

Method one didn't work

Method two didn't work as the headphones don't have drivers...

"I also suggest you to follow the article Low sound quality and Sound
    from the Bluetooth headphones/speakers cuts or noise occurs
    , and check if that helps."

I read those but none of them helped

I have used these with other devices (other computer, laptop,mobile devices etc...) and the audio quality is good

I hope to speak to you soon,

David P

David P10, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Headset audio quality vs headphone audio quality - Similar Threads - Headset audio quality

2. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones: Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I...
  3. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones: Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I...
  4. Bad Audio Quality Lucidsound Headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad Audio Quality Lucidsound Headphones: I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you.PS: It's not my headphones. They work perfectly fine on my other devices Xbox, Switch, etc....
  5. Bad Audio Quality Lucidsound Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Audio Quality Lucidsound Headphones: I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-audio-quality-lucidsound-headphones/03987c98-bace-4b2b-bd19-26c6a1dbab92
  6. Bad Audio Quality Lucidsound Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Audio Quality Lucidsound Headphones: I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-audio-quality-lucidsound-headphones/03987c98-bace-4b2b-bd19-26c6a1dbab92
  7. audio quality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio quality: anyone know how to fix Bluetooth audio quality on a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-quality/ce83dc57-ffff-4c7b-965a-d1121258a227
  8. Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Quality: The audio on our churches youtube feed has been horrible of late and I'm suspecting the problem is someone in the Lenova laptop we use to stream the video? How can I sample or hear the quality of the sound coming into the laptop vs the quality of the sound going out to...
  9. BlueTooth Headphones Bad Audio Quality

BlueTooth Headphones Bad Audio Quality: Hi all ,whenever I use my Bluetooth headphones it is extremely bad quality. It says connected as "voice", I have tried updating drivers it says you have the latest drivers installed. I tried unchecking hands free telephony but when I go to sound settings my headphones are...
  10. Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones: Hello, so here is my problem: I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I have a set of Bose AE2 Soundlink wireless Bluetooth headphones. The audio works perfectly fine at first, but if I let it sit idle for, let's say, longer than a minute, the audio will be choppy; by this, I...