Windows 10: Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio

Discus and support Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought a mic for gaming that says it is compatible with pc. I plugged it into the splitter cables and can hear everything perfectly fine, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WistyBang, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio

I bought a mic for gaming that says it is compatible with pc. I plugged it into the splitter cables and can hear everything perfectly fine, but the computer isn’t even detecting audio when I speak into the mic. I have been googling and trying everything I find for half an hour, but there doesn’t really seem to be anything related to my issue.

submitted by /u/WistyBang
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WistyBang, Jan 8, 2021

2. laptop not detecting headset microphone

I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but
    my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone.

I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none.
    I've re-installed my Realtek HD Audio driver.

But nothing seems to work.

What should I do to fix this?

ZuvoTheBest, Jan 8, 2021
  3. ReeceU Win User
    Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally
    when I would plug the splitter in, a prompt would appear asking what type of device was just plugged in, options were headphones, speakers, microphone, headset, and one or two other options that I don't remember because I never used them. I would select "headset"
    and it would work just fine. Recently, something changed. This prompt no longer appears, and my computer no longer acknowledges the microphone on my headset, instead using the default internal microphone. The headphones still play audio like normal, but I
    have found no way to get the microphone working.

If I just plug the microphone chord into the audio jack, it still does not work, and the computer refuses to play audio.

So far I have tried:

• Uninstalling and re-installing the audio drivers (multiple times)
    • Updating windows
    • Running the audio troubleshooters (Both for playing audio and recording)
    • Checking for updates to Dolby
    • Scanning for hardware changes in device manager
    • Disabling the default microphone
    None of these have done anything.

I'm really at a loss here. I consider myself pretty computer savvy but nothing I've tried has gotten me anywhere.

ReeceU, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio

Headset microphone audio not detected

I recently bought new headphones and received my audio splitter adapter (1 jack > 2 jacks) but my computer still doesn't detect anything from my microphone. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and updating my drivers, but it doesn't work. The microphone
    shows up in the devices tab and it's the right one (I think?) but it detects no audio. Mic is not muted either. Any help?

ShellyWong, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio

1. Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio - Similar Threads - Headset audio working

2. Need help on finding an audio driver that detects headset and headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on finding an audio driver that detects headset and headset microphone.: Hi guys, I would like to ask if what audio driver has a detection function of headsets and mic because on my current audio driver, it doesn't detect the headset's mic and My Laptop is an Acer Swift 3 SF314-41 the AMD Ryzen 5 one and I am currently running a Windows 11 OS...
  3. Need help on finding an audio driver that detects headset and headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help on finding an audio driver that detects headset and headset microphone.: Hi guys, I would like to ask if what audio driver has a detection function of headsets and mic because on my current audio driver, it doesn't detect the headset's mic and My Laptop is an Acer Swift 3 SF314-41 the AMD Ryzen 5 one and I am currently running a Windows 11 OS...
  4. Headset is not detected so cannot get audio, however the microphone on the headset works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset is not detected so cannot get audio, however the microphone on the headset works.: Recently bought wired Razer Kraken X headphones and am having issues with it on my pc. Once the headset is plugged in, the computer briefly senses both the headset and microphone aspects of the headset but after a few seconds the headset is undetected. This means there is no...
  5. Headset is not detected so cannot get audio, however the microphone on the headset works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset is not detected so cannot get audio, however the microphone on the headset works.: Recently bought wired Razer Kraken X headphones and am having issues with it on my pc. Once the headset is plugged in, the computer briefly senses both the headset and microphone aspects of the headset but after a few seconds the headset is undetected. This means there is no...
  6. Headset is not detected so cannot get audio, however the microphone on the headset works.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected

Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Headset mic is working fine on my phone but on Windows the mic is not being detected. I've tried this with a different headset and same result as well so it is completely an issue with Windows. I have installed the latest drivers, removed and re-paired the...
  8. Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working: My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally when I would plug...
  9. Headset microphone audio not detected

Headset microphone audio not detected: I recently bought new headphones and received my audio splitter adapter (1 jack > 2 jacks) but my computer still doesn't detect anything from my microphone. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and updating my drivers, but it doesn't work. The microphone shows up in the devices...
  10. Audio/Microphone Not Detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio/Microphone Not Detected: I have Windows 10. I use a Turtle Beach PX22 Headset until i noticed the microphone was not working. I checked the Sound in Control Panel and it used to say Turtle Beach Headset but now it only says speakers. Sometimes it will say Headphones, sometimes it would say...