Windows 10: Headset being labelled as computer speakers

Discus and support Headset being labelled as computer speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using an Acer Nitro 5,with, 64x Windows 10 version 1909 and I don't think that I've done anything to have caused this problem, but when I open up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mouthy average, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Headset being labelled as computer speakers

I'm using an Acer Nitro 5,with, 64x Windows 10 version 1909 and I don't think that I've done anything to have caused this problem, but when I open up audio devices, my headset is being labelled 'computer speakers' there are other options for playback devices, however they not the headset, and with computer speakers enabled as the audio/default audio device, my headset still had audio going through it, and if I unplug the headset, the audio comes out of the computer's actual speakers. My headset is the Corsair HS50. I do use a different mic, however if I want to move my laptop for whatever reason, it's difficult to bring the mic with me, so I would like to go back to using my headset mic, however that doesn't appear in recording devices, only stereo mix and the laptop's built in mic. I could resort to the laptop's mic, however it just doesn't sound good, for my voice to be picked up properly, I have to be really close to the mic, and the wind from my airconditioner blows into the mic. I've tried looking in device manager to try to scan for updates to the driver, and only the driver mainly related to my computer speakers shows up, and no updates are available. I've tried as much as possible, and still no result.

:)

Mouthy average, Feb 7, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset being labelled as computer speakers :p

cadaveca, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Cybie1111 Win User
    Need a New Headset and Speakers.

It seems that I would stay with logitech for headsets but I would like some suggestions for a 2.1 speaker setup.

Cybie1111, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Headset being labelled as computer speakers

Headset not working

Hi Mathieu,

We need to know if the issue is with the computer or headset. To isolate the concern, provide us the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • If you're using a laptop, does the built-in speaker works?
    • Are you using a USB headset or does your headset has a 3.5mm jack?
    • Do your headset works on other devices?
    • Have you tried using other headsets on your computer?
    In the meantime, follow the troubleshooting steps found on this link. The link provided different troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Headset being labelled as computer speakers

1. Headset being labelled as computer speakers - Similar Threads - Headset being labelled

2. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device: Few days ago, I bought a dual 3.5 jack headset. The only flaw was that the stereo audio on it wasn't working and the sound quality felt very bad. Later I realized that it was being detected as "Speakers". I returned it to Amazon thinking that it was a manufacturing defect.I...
  3. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device: Few days ago, I bought a dual 3.5 jack headset. The only flaw was that the stereo audio on it wasn't working and the sound quality felt very bad. Later I realized that it was being detected as "Speakers". I returned it to Amazon thinking that it was a manufacturing defect.I...
  4. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset and speakers being detected by windows as a single device

Headset and speakers being detected by windows as a single device: Hello. Whenever I have my headset plugged into my PC, I cannot use my speakers because both devices are shown as a single device. Is there any way to fix this and separate the two devices so I can switch between them? Thanks....
  6. Headset and speakers

Headset and speakers: I frequently switch between my headset and speakers headset is blue pump connected by bluetooth and my speakers are yamaha HS8 connected by my focusrite scarlett 2i2 that is plugged into my pc via usb I find it really difficult to switch between them as i have to go to...
  7. USB PNP headset not being recognized on computer.

USB PNP headset not being recognized on computer.: About 3 days ago, I bought a USB PNP headset. At first, it took a few 10-20 minutes for the computer to recognize the new headset and install the drivers. I used it normally with no issues for the next 2 days, until this morning, in which the computer did not recognize the...
  8. Gaming Headset is not being detected by Computer

Gaming Headset is not being detected by Computer: I can hear audio through the headset but not be able to speak through it. It also cant actually detect the headset and only the internal will work.i...
  9. my headset is not being recgonized by the computer itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my headset is not being recgonized by the computer itself: I have a windows 10 set up, my headset was working fine two days ago, last time this happened it took almost a whole month to get a new CPU, and I tried almost everything, going to control panel only shows High Definition Audio Device. And idk my headset is just not being...
  10. Audio coming out speaker and headset but computer seeming not to read the headset

Audio coming out speaker and headset but computer seeming not to read the headset: Ok, the title might sound confusing. But my audio is coming out both my speak and headset but my computer isn't able to read that my headset is there on device manager nor audio control panel. I have reinstalled my audio drivers multiple times and still no avail. I am...