Windows 10: headset does not work after the last update

Discus and support headset does not work after the last update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After updating I went to play like every day and I realized that the sound did not work, I thought that my headphones had been damaged but I used them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by karlagamer10, Sep 12, 2019.

1. headset does not work after the last update

After updating I went to play like every day and I realized that the sound did not work, I thought that my headphones had been damaged but I used them on another PC and they worked well, I do not have much knowledge in this, so I ask for help

:)

karlagamer10, Sep 12, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue headset does not work after the last update :p

cadaveca, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Headset not working

Hi Mathieu,

We need to know if the issue is with the computer or headset. To isolate the concern, provide us the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • If you're using a laptop, does the built-in speaker works?
    • Are you using a USB headset or does your headset has a 3.5mm jack?
    • Do your headset works on other devices?
    • Have you tried using other headsets on your computer?
    In the meantime, follow the troubleshooting steps found on this link. The link provided different troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Sep 12, 2019
  4. headset does not work after the last update

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

headset does not work after the last update

1. headset does not work after the last update - Similar Threads - headset does last

2. Windows Hello does not work after last windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello does not work after last windows update: After last Windows update on 2/2/2021 , Windows Hello does not work. I've tried troubleshooter,winscan, and a few other test I came across on the internet. I've updated the drivers, removed drivers and reinstalled all for camera, downloaded the camera from the store ....
  3. Headset does not work with PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset does not work with PC?: Hey. So I have the problem that my newly purchased headset from Logitech (H151) does not work with my PC. When I plug the headset into my speaker, only the headphones and microphone don't work. When I plug the headset into the red socket on my PC, the headphones and...
  4. Cloud Stinger II headset does not work after Windows 10 Update?

Cloud Stinger II headset does not work after Windows 10 Update?: Hi, I finally made the Windows 10 Update after a few years - and was quite happy at the beginning. But my headset (Cloud Stinger II from HyperX) doesn't work anymore. The microphone works, but no sound. I didn't find any drivers for my headset in the device manager. Plugged...
  5. Office excel, work not working after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office excel, work not working after last update: [ATTACH] cannot open work or excel with my paid account since the latest update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-excel-work-not-working-after-last-update/13541ad5-31c3-44ce-ba8e-a6ba0a5b4b8c
  6. Windows defender stoped working after last update. Does anyone noticed this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender stoped working after last update. Does anyone noticed this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/eslamsamyismail [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2rtjo/windows_defender_stoped_working_after_last_update/
  7. cortana not working after last update

in Cortana
    cortana not working after last update: Help I'm new at this. Cortana was working fine until last update feb. 17. Now I can't get anything except Cortana asking permission to get familiar with the way I talk. When I hit the "sure" button I get "I'm sorry something went wrong. Try again in a little bit. Same thing...
  8. after last update my mouse does not work right?

after last update my mouse does not work right?: after last update my mouse does not work right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse/7819a4c8-ee64-453f-b977-47a3813fda29
  9. Fans not working after last update

Fans not working after last update: I up to date my laptop with 2 fans, now my laptop its overheating and crashing with black screen, i alreasy search for some fixes but not help, rollback the update dont work too, using another fan not works, please fix it....
  10. Touchpad it's not working after last update

Touchpad it's not working after last update: I just up to date my laptop and now the touchpad don't work, its a way to get out this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-its-not-working-after-last-update/e7052d3e-d870-46a8-928d-52aa828b28d7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4516421