Windows 10: Headset does not work with PC?

Discus and support Headset does not work with PC? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey. So I have the problem that my newly purchased headset from Logitech (H151) does not work with my PC. When I plug the headset into my speaker, only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by loljb123456789, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Headset does not work with PC?

Hey. So I have the problem that my newly purchased headset from Logitech (H151) does not work with my PC. When I plug the headset into my speaker, only the headphones and microphone don't work.

When I plug the headset into the red socket on my PC, the headphones and microphone do not work. (Microphone is of course switched on with the headset) With the green socket only the headphones work. Since I have only one connection with my headset, I can not plug both at the same time.

I was reading from an adaptor... () Would this help?

Is it possible that my PC is too old for my headset and I therefore need the adapter? Or how else can I solve the problem? Thanks for your help.

And my PC has Windows 10.

:)

loljb123456789, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Headset not working

Hi Mathieu,

We need to know if the issue is with the computer or headset. To isolate the concern, provide us the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • If you're using a laptop, does the built-in speaker works?
    • Are you using a USB headset or does your headset has a 3.5mm jack?
    • Do your headset works on other devices?
    • Have you tried using other headsets on your computer?
    In the meantime, follow the troubleshooting steps found on this link. The link provided different troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Aug 1, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset does not work with PC? :p

cadaveca, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Headset does not work with PC?

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Headset does not work with PC?

1. Headset does not work with PC? - Similar Threads - Headset does

2. Galaxy Buds2 Pro - headset mode doesn't Work, but HeadFone does.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Galaxy Buds2 Pro - headset mode doesn't Work, but HeadFone does.: Hi My buds2 pro [bluetooth] only works when I'm connected with Headphones Stereo mode, what means that I,m not able to use my mic. When I'm connected with headset as default, even it's possible to see that some youtube sound is running [when i look to the green bar growing...
  3. Galaxy Buds2 Pro - headset mode doesn't Work, but HeadFone does.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Galaxy Buds2 Pro - headset mode doesn't Work, but HeadFone does.: Hi My buds2 pro [bluetooth] only works when I'm connected with Headphones Stereo mode, what means that I,m not able to use my mic. When I'm connected with headset as default, even it's possible to see that some youtube sound is running [when i look to the green bar growing...
  4. Galaxy Buds2 Pro - headset mode doesn't Work, but HeadFone does.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Galaxy Buds2 Pro - headset mode doesn't Work, but HeadFone does.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Does Microsoft Surface USB Link dongle work for the Modern Wireless Headset?

Does Microsoft Surface USB Link dongle work for the Modern Wireless Headset?: Does this part: Buy Microsoft Surface USB Link USB-A Wireless Dongle Replacement for Surface Headphones 2+ – Microsoft StoreWork as a replacement/in addition to the dongle supplied with this part: Buy Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset, Certified for Microsoft Teams –...
  7. Does Microsoft Surface USB Link dongle work for the Modern Wireless Headset?

Does Microsoft Surface USB Link dongle work for the Modern Wireless Headset?: Does this part: Buy Microsoft Surface USB Link USB-A Wireless Dongle Replacement for Surface Headphones 2+ – Microsoft StoreWork as a replacement/in addition to the dongle supplied with this part: Buy Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset, Certified for Microsoft Teams –...
  8. Does Microsoft Surface USB Link dongle work for the Modern Wireless Headset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Why does my computer keep splitting my bluetooth headset into 2 separate devices?

Why does my computer keep splitting my bluetooth headset into 2 separate devices?: This is frustrating. I use an external USB Bluetooth 5.0 adapter with a JBL Tune 710BT, a JBL Tune 760NC and some other Bluetooth headsets I used to own.Everytime I connect one of these stereo headsets, my computer splits them into "Headphones" and "Headset" in the playback...
  10. Why does my computer keep splitting my bluetooth headset into 2 separate devices?

Why does my computer keep splitting my bluetooth headset into 2 separate devices?: This is frustrating. I use an external USB Bluetooth 5.0 adapter with a JBL Tune 710BT, a JBL Tune 760NC and some other Bluetooth headsets I used to own.Everytime I connect one of these stereo headsets, my computer splits them into "Headphones" and "Headset" in the playback...