Windows 10: Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic

Discus and support Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Astro A40 headset that has worked fine for me for over a year now. But, all of a sudden the last month it has started echoing and often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KadeSmith1, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic

I have an Astro A40 headset that has worked fine for me for over a year now. But, all of a sudden the last month it has started echoing and often playing my internal sounds game Im playing or youtube video Im watching through my mic. I have done everything I can like switching settings on and off in the recording and audio tabs of the sound control panel, making sure my headset is my default device, updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers, etc. and cannot find a fix anywhere. If I go to System settings on Windows, and then go to Sound, whenever my Master Volume bar goes up from some audio I am hearing, the bar next to my microphone goes up with it at the same time, even if my mic is muted. This is what makes me think my audio output is somehow playing through my mic. If someone knows how to solve this I would really appreciate it

:)

KadeSmith1, Mar 18, 2020

2. Mic echoing with a headset

Hey. I've got a GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard with a S.O.G XPERT-H1 headset (it's USB, the mic is attached and retractable).

Any sound that comes through my headset echoes into my mic. It's exactly like if I had speakers.

Couldn't fix this problem in years, hoping somebody here may at least shed some light on its source. I will try the headset on another computer later on today, but in the meanwhile here's what I've tried and what I know :
    - That headset's quality is pretty poor all around (I got it for 32€). Drivers suck balls, the headphones' coating is shedding off ... I regret buying off-brand. I've seen many people saying that a poor quality headset will have this kind of problem, due to the wiring of the cables inside, so this is a possibility, though I'd rather fix it if possible at all.
    - It appears that only sounds that come off the left side echo into the mic (and it's attached to the left side). I noticed that when listening to my mic and running the little windows sound test that plays something left then right.
    - No sound is echoed when the mic is muted.
    - Sound still echoes at the same volume when blocking the microphone with some cloth. (so it's not sound leaking from the headphones)
    - This kept happening throughout several windows installations (and several drivers installations).
    - No Stereo Mix to disable, couldn't find anything to disable anywhere.
    - Tried plugging it in the front of my case (it's usually back).

The last headset I had before this one also had this problem, except it actually appeared overnight. That btw was one of the reasons I got a new headset.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be coming from ? Any sure way to confirm that this is a hardware problem and not software ?

Thanks for reading. Have a good one !

PS : For anyone curious why I'm trying to fix this now after years, discord has an echo cancellation feature which made the issue rather trivial, but I started playing Overwatch and I don't want to annoy anyone with echo (especially since I'd rather be open mic than push to talk).

Edit : for reference here's the other post I made about this before giving up http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...king-up-sound-from-my-headphones-1147913.html

Modinstaller, Mar 18, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Mic echoing with a headset

This nails it: there's nothing you can do other than replace it with a quality one.

The el-cheapo headset has the problem of sound conduction through the boom supporting the mic. A good one will have been designed to minimise this. You could try lowering the headphone volume a bit to alleviate it.

qubit, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic

Mic echoing with a headset

do you have a splitter, or cable adapter ,etc? something between the headset & the PC?
    As you described this as a continuing situation, sadly yuou might be stuck until you replace the headset with a proper one.

maybe something like this depending on your current location.

i got these for cheap a year or so back. My daughter uses them, and the work fine...they arent fancy, but they arent bad either. Id suggest doing your best to get a reliable set, and with them a reliable audio software. short of this, a sound card might help, possibly a USB type, i know of some external options that arent too expensive.

i have one of these, and they use a different sound chip other than what is native to windows, maybe that might help, but id just go with a new headset personally.

also, id like to suggest you NOT install audio drivers for the device, and let windows do its thing. maybe the poor driver is causing the problem.

jboydgolfer, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic

1. Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic - Similar Threads - Headset Echoing Playing

2. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,: So I recently got my headset back, and only static plays through the left earmuff, and when I plug in the mic into the headset, it plays my voice and anything the mic hears. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my PC, and following tutorials but nothing works. Please...
  3. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,: So I recently got my headset back, and only static plays through the left earmuff, and when I plug in the mic into the headset, it plays my voice and anything the mic hears. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my PC, and following tutorials but nothing works. Please...
  4. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  6. Headset playing sound through microphone

Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  7. Headset mic plays internal pc sounds

Headset mic plays internal pc sounds: I might have been deafening everyone I play with on discord w/o know until a friend told me today. The mic just transmits the game audio, video audio, music audio that I run into it and it sounds horrible, not even quality transmission whenn I called myself from another...
  8. Echoing sound with headphone mic

Echoing sound with headphone mic: Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong....
  9. headset mic echoing

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset mic echoing: My mic is is echoing and it is being used by svchost I tried removing listen to device and it worked but then my mic stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-mic-echoing/b2dac021-32f8-43dd-8b34-2038c37c07b6
  10. no sound plays through internal speakers

no sound plays through internal speakers: I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists its location at HDMI...