Windows 10: Headset is connected through headphone jack ,but is disconnected.

Discus and support Headset is connected through headphone jack ,but is disconnected. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I decided to connect my gaming headset to my laptop through the headphone jack, but when I went to use the app Discord it didn't use my headsets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexGR14, Apr 1, 2020.

1. AlexGR14 Win User

Headset is connected through headphone jack ,but is disconnected.

Hi, I decided to connect my gaming headset to my laptop through the headphone jack, but when I went to use the app Discord it didn't use my headsets mic, so after this I went to check if my headset was even working. I opened the sound control panel and it said the headset was disconnected, so I right clicked the headset icon to connect the headset, but it wouldn't let me. The headset was disconnected not disabled. Then I checked to see if their were drivers I needed to install, and they said everything was up to date. Is there anyway I can fix this issue?

:)

AlexGR14, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Blu2t Win User

headphone jack not working after cyan update

Hi, mesus. You may check if there's something stuck in the headphone jack. You may also try connecting your phone to a compatible headset, make a call and remove the headset during the call. If in case these steps does not work, suggest sending your
    phone to the nearest Care Point in your area. http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/locale/.

Blu2t, Apr 1, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

All,

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally. But, as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But there is no way to connect it.

Headset is connected through headphone jack ,but is disconnected. [​IMG]

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

taward, Apr 1, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

Headset is connected through headphone jack ,but is disconnected. [​IMG]

fireberd, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Headset is connected through headphone jack ,but is disconnected. - Similar Threads - Headset connected through

2. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  3. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  4. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  5. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  6. Windows 11 Headphone/Headset Settings For 3.5mm Jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Headphone/Headset Settings For 3.5mm Jack: Hello, When I first installed Windows 11 on my laptop fresh install, after I connected my headphones, I got a notification asking me what this device is. I had two choices: "Headphones" or "Headset", So I choose Headphones.Now, when I connect my headset to the laptop, it...
  7. Windows 11 Headphone/Headset Settings For 3.5mm Jack

Windows 11 Headphone/Headset Settings For 3.5mm Jack: Hello, When I first installed Windows 11 on my laptop fresh install, after I connected my headphones, I got a notification asking me what this device is. I had two choices: "Headphones" or "Headset", So I choose Headphones.Now, when I connect my headset to the laptop, it...
  8. Losing access to headphone jack after disconnect...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Losing access to headphone jack after disconnect...: Here’s a head scratcher for y’all! LONG issue short; I have a pair of speakers hooked up to my Dell \ W10 laptop headphone jack. Now I don’t recall this being an issue before but; every time I unplug them and plug them back in, I no longer have access to the speakers. The...
  9. Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...: Using microphone and headphones from same input through a headphone splitter. Works on different laptop, but doesn't work on my newer one because of Realtek not having an option to apply both at same time my other laptop doesn't have Realtek My device: Strix 17 GL703GE...
  10. Headset not being recognized through audio jack?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not being recognized through audio jack?: I have been very confused about what is going on, so here is all that has been happening. -If I unplug my headset and try to plug it back in through the audio jack, it cannot be recognized by my laptop. When checking audio devices, it says the device being used is my...