Windows 10: Headset is not recognized as input device?

Discus and support Headset is not recognized as input device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the Corsair HS 35 if the info is of use. And I hear with the headset everything only nimmand hears me. [ATTACH] Headset wird als... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Leonardo48658, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Headset is not recognized as input device?

I have the Corsair HS 35 if the info is of use.

And I hear with the headset everything only nimmand hears me.

Headset is not recognized as input device? 0_big.jpg

:)

Leonardo48658, Jun 7, 2020

2. Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

You could try going into settings and running the 'Troubleshooter'. Although this might not work as I think it may be a software/driver issue.

Headset is not recognized as input device? [​IMG]

Ah okay. I have had a look at the manufacture Nubwo, and there doesn't seem to be any official drivers or software listed.

Thus I would suggest we try and uninstall everything related to the headset, and then let everything install automatically, as it had done on the other desktop (assuming everything was automatically configured, and it just worked).

1.) See if you can first remove the Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222 software by uninstalling it.
    • Settings > Apps > Click on the app and select 'Uninstall.'

2.) After that right click on Start menu (*Start) and select 'Device Manager'
    • Under the 'View' tab, select 'Show hidden devices'
    • Then click on the arrow before 'Sound, video and game controllers' as well as 'Audio inputs and outputs' (this should drop down to reveal a list of audio drivers and headsets)
    • I can help you with which driver (in relation to your headset) to uninstall, if you post back with a screenshot.

Optional.) Or if you are comfortable with knowing which driver to uninstall, then do so
    • Right click on the driver name > Uninstall (Check 'delete software for this device'). Perform a restart and plug the headset back in.

ellellell1, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Headset is not recognized as input device? [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Headset is not recognized as input device?

Cortana will not recognise my USB headset as an audio input device

Even though your headset appears to be working in some apps, it sounds like the Windows 10 equivalent drivers are not allowing the proper drivers to install and take precedent causing Cortana to not recognize said headset.

Lets start with the following steps to correct this:

1. To ensure changes to the driver do not occur without your knowledge, open the Control Panel (right-click Start button and select Control Panel)
    2. Navigate to System and Security > System > Advanced system settings
    3. Click Hardware tab > Device Installation Settings and select No, let me choose what to do option
    4. Select Never install driver software from Windows Update
    5. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+X and choose Device Manager.
    6. In Device Manager, navigate to Sound, video and game controllers
    7. Right click on the audio /microphone driver currently installed matching said headset and choose uninstall
    8. Ensure the delete the driver software for this device is checked
    9. Download and install the latest drivers for said headset
    10. Reboot the device
    11. Ensure the new drivers are installed and test Cortana ability to recognize the headset

Anthony Bartolo, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Headset is not recognized as input device?

1. Headset is not recognized as input device? - Similar Threads - Headset recognized input

2. My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.: I have a pair of speakers and a headset. Neither were working, so I went so my sound settings. My headset was only being recognised as an audio output device, and my speakers only as an input. Ive tried disabling my speakers, restarting my pc, and all of the other things I...
  3. My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.: I have a pair of speakers and a headset. Neither were working, so I went so my sound settings. My headset was only being recognised as an audio output device, and my speakers only as an input. Ive tried disabling my speakers, restarting my pc, and all of the other things I...
  4. My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Headset Aux input not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Aux input not recognized: Hi,I use Dell Inspiron 3543 and recently purchased Alcatroz X Craft HP Gold bluetooth headset, It supports bluetooth 4.0 and I have paired it to the laptop, but when I use the microphone of the headset, the sound gets distorted, which is how wireless headsets work, but when I...
  6. Headset Aux input not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Aux input not recognized: Hi,I use Dell Inspiron 3543 and recently purchased Alcatroz X Craft HP Gold bluetooth headset, It supports bluetooth 4.0 and I have paired it to the laptop, but when I use the microphone of the headset, the sound gets distorted, which is how wireless headsets work, but when I...
  7. Computer not recognizing headset and mic input, and mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not recognizing headset and mic input, and mic not working: My laptop is a Dell Latitude E5540, and my headset is the PDP LVL 40 headset. It has a 3.5mm TRRS jack, so it is supposed to have the input for the mic on it. I plug this into my computer, no pop-up dialog shows up. Adding on to that, I checked Settings and found that the...
  8. Output device is recognized as input

Output device is recognized as input: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop that has only one P2 input and I use it to plug in my microphone, and to use my headphone I use a P2 to USB adapter the one in the image below. I always used it normally, but today I decided to use the headphone directly on the P2 input. After...
  9. Headset and headset microphone cannot be discovered as output and input devices

Headset and headset microphone cannot be discovered as output and input devices: When I have plugged my headset with the microphone into my laptop, I cannot find it in settings under the list of devices, and the microphone does not work as I cannot select it I can only find speakersRealtek high definition audio and microphone arrayRealtek high definition...
  10. Sound devices not recognizing headphone input

Sound devices not recognizing headphone input: I put my earbuds into the jack and they aren't recognized by Windows. If I boot my computer up with them in, they work. But take them out, and they won't work until next time my PC is turned off and on. Why, and what can I do to solve the problem?...