Windows 10: Headset is set as default sound device, and it displays sound, but no sound comes out

Discus and support Headset is set as default sound device, and it displays sound, but no sound comes out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My family recently got a new Acer Nitro 50, and when I try and use my bluetooth headset, no sound comes out of the headset. Usually this problem can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JordAQ, Jun 12, 2020.

1. JordAQ Win User

Headset is set as default sound device, and it displays sound, but no sound comes out

My family recently got a new Acer Nitro 50, and when I try and use my bluetooth headset, no sound comes out of the headset. Usually this problem can be fixed by setting the headset as the default sound device, but this time it didn't do anything. My headset works just fine on my other computer, but not on this one. I've been trying to fix this issue for about a week and its really starting to get to me. Any tips?

:)

JordAQ, Jun 12, 2020

2. No sound if Bluetooth headset set to default playback and recording

I'm using a Bluetooth headset and for some reason when I set it to the default playback device as well as the default recording device (both normal and 'communication') then I don't get audio in Overwatch.

Tested:

• Have sound in Tharsis
    • Have sound in VLC
    • Have sound in Overwatch (windowed mode)
    • No sound in Skyrim
    • Have sound in Sykrim (windowed mode)
    • No sound in Orcs Must Die 2
    • Have sound in Orcs Must Die 2 (windowed mode)
      If I switch the default recording device to something else, then the audio does work.

I am using Windows 10.

The issue appears to be with the way games contact the audio device when in direct mode (not an expert on these things).

The headset did not come with a driver CD (appears to be built in in windows). How do I fix this issue?

Mr Universe, Jun 12, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset is set as default sound device, and it displays sound, but no sound comes out :p

cadaveca, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Headset is set as default sound device, and it displays sound, but no sound comes out

Problem with sound on desktop

Hello,

Sound out may depend on Windows or software settings configuration. To troubleshoot, follow the steps below:

• Left-click the sound icon in the taskbar.
    • Select the sound device in the drop-down menu.
    • Choose the connected headset.

Or you may also set your headset as the default playback device.

• Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar.
    • Choose Playback devices.
    • Under Playback tab, select Headphones then click
      Set Default.
    • Hit Apply then OK.

You may also contact your software developer's technical support team for additional assistance on configuring the sound settings.

Keep us updated if configuring your settings worked.

Regile Reb, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Headset is set as default sound device, and it displays sound, but no sound comes out

1. Headset is set as default sound device, and it displays sound, but no sound comes out - Similar Threads - Headset set default

2. Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs: I Am on Windows 10 64 bit 21H2, build 19044.1706. I have installed sound drivers from my manufacturer's sound card. It was working fine weeks, but all of the sudden I started having issues:I have 2 audio sources, speakers in the back and headphones connected to front panel....
  3. Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs: I Am on Windows 10 64 bit 21H2, build 19044.1706. I have installed sound drivers from my manufacturer's sound card. It was working fine weeks, but all of the sudden I started having issues:I have 2 audio sources, speakers in the back and headphones connected to front panel....
  4. Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound coming out of monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming out of monitor: I have got my headphones connected correctly. TeamSpeak is working correctly. I hear it thru my headphones and other can hear my mic. but the other sound, all the other sound is coming from my monitor....
  6. Sound coming out of monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound coming out of monitor: I have got my headphones connected correctly. TeamSpeak is working correctly. I hear it thru my headphones and other can hear my mic. but the other sound, all the other sound is coming from my monitor....
  7. Speakers recognized and Sound settings/volume show sound, but no sound coming out of speakers

Speakers recognized and Sound settings/volume show sound, but no sound coming out of speakers: I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop - tg01-0199 DT Rfrbd PC. I have run troubleshooting and driver is present. The computer recognizes the headphones and when you right-click - test, the bar shows sound playing. But no sound comes out of the headphones. The same thing...
  8. Sound settings - default communication device question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound settings - default communication device question: I have multiple audio devices connected to my computer - integrated sound card, HDMI monitors, a USB music recording interface, and USB gaming headset. I have monitoring speakers connected to the music interface Steinberg CI2 and use that as my default audio device, while I...
  9. no sound is coming out of my wired headset

no sound is coming out of my wired headset: No sound is coming out of my wired headset, it has an adapter that goes from a 2 male 3.5mm jacks to a 3.5mm female then my headset plugs into the female. I have tried a lot but it hasn't worked since yesterday . this problem started when i tried to play VR and launched...
  10. Bluetooth device connect but no sound coming out

Bluetooth device connect but no sound coming out: the bluetooth device LG Micro(2C:88) showed connected but in the sound is show disconnect. this happen after i have update win 10 latest version. before that i can use this device with my laptop connected to LG Micro Device. Please advice [ATTACH]...