Windows 10: Headset isn't displayed on input device, only default Realtek Microphone

Discus and support Headset isn't displayed on input device, only default Realtek Microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently required a headset with a mic to allow myself to talk with others on my laptop easier and I can't seem to find the input device even when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Al-D1987, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Al-D1987 Win User

Headset isn't displayed on input device, only default Realtek Microphone

I recently required a headset with a mic to allow myself to talk with others on my laptop easier and I can't seem to find the input device even when updating drivers and reconnecting the device and opening troubleshooters. All that it says is available is the standard Realtek audio desktop input and output that comes with the Windows 10 operating system and the name of the new microphone doesn't show up. I only have one jack on my laptop so that doesn't appear to be the issue and I've used my headset as headphones to test prior to testing the mic, how can I get it to connect to my laptop instead of using the default microphone?

:)

Al-D1987, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Headset isn't displayed on input device, only default Realtek Microphone [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Headset isn't displayed on input device, only default Realtek Microphone

Headset and headset microphone cannot be discovered as output and input devices

Could someone please help me with my problem? When I have plugged my Logitech g233 headset with the microphone into my laptop, I cannot find it in settings under the list of devices, and the microphone does not work as I cannot
    select it (I can only find speakers (Realtek high definition audio) and microphone array(Realtek high definition audio)). However, when I have plugged it into another laptop in the same way, it works and I can find it
    as an input and output device on settings (they are discoverable as headphones(Realtek high definition audio) and headset microphone (Realtek high definition audio)). I have ensured that it was plugged in correctly in both cases.
    May I know some possible causes for this problem and how to fix it?

Also, if this helps, I cannot find the app "Realtek Audio Console" on the laptop that I am having problems with but I can find it on the laptop which the headset and microphone work on. I have tried to install it but I do not know how to do so.

Tristan Loo, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Headset isn't displayed on input device, only default Realtek Microphone

1. Headset isn't displayed on input device, only default Realtek Microphone - Similar Threads - Headset isn't displayed

2. Microphone / Input Devices and Realtek Audio Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone / Input Devices and Realtek Audio Manager: I'm using Audacity recording software and a cheap microphone I bought from Walmart to record guitar. I have tweaked the settings in every appropriate way, but when I run a microphone test in settings, the analysis states that the microphone is transmitting sound at only 15%....
  3. Microphone / Input Devices and Realtek Audio Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone / Input Devices and Realtek Audio Manager: I'm using Audacity recording software and a cheap microphone I bought from Walmart to record guitar. I have tweaked the settings in every appropriate way, but when I run a microphone test in settings, the analysis states that the microphone is transmitting sound at only 15%....
  4. How to identify a USBC Headset with microphone as an output-input device and not as only...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to identify a USBC Headset with microphone as an output-input device and not as only...: So, I recently bought a type-C headset with a mic but unfortunately, I face a software problem. The problem is that the headset is either recognized as an output device or more likely as a speaker and not as a headphone/ headset -so basically I can't get any of the...
  5. Audio Input Device Microphone on headset does not exist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Input Device Microphone on headset does not exist: I am using the Astro A10 headset with the built-in microphone, and have plugged it into the 3.5mm headphone jack. When I load up any application that uses sound, It comes through the headset as I have selected. However, the input still comes from my laptop's microphone which...
  6. Headset microphone isn't recognized

Headset microphone isn't recognized: I have been using my HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset for awhile now on this computer, and the microphone worked perfectly fine until I come back to my computer, turn it on, and go onto a call with my friends online. They only could hear what I know is my built...
  7. Microphone Realtek Audio Input Devices is Missing

Microphone Realtek Audio Input Devices is Missing: [ATTACH] I want to ask something. Why is my microphone for Realtek in audio input devices is missing? I always try to uninstall and reinstall the driver for any version and it didn't work. When I want to do voice recording with my headset microphone, there are no sound....
  8. Headset and headset microphone cannot be discovered as output and input devices

Headset and headset microphone cannot be discovered as output and input devices: When I have plugged my headset with the microphone into my laptop, I cannot find it in settings under the list of devices, and the microphone does not work as I cannot select it I can only find speakersRealtek high definition audio and microphone arrayRealtek high definition...
  9. Headset's Microphone isn't recognized

Headset's Microphone isn't recognized: Good Afternoon, I recently bought a Headset that my PC doesn't totally recognize - it appears connected, but only as audio output and not as audio input. I've tried to troubleshoot my problem, but Microsoft's solutions as well the solutions given by the company that...
  10. Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device: HelloSo three days ago I wiped all of my drives and installed Windows 10. I have a Corsair Vengenace 2100 headset. I installed the realtek drivers from ASUS download section for my motherboard and then I installed the headset drivers.The problem is that my headset does not...