Windows 10: Headset isn't recognized via 3.5 mm combo jack

Discus and support Headset isn't recognized via 3.5 mm combo jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an acer Aspire E 15 laptop with a combo jack. When I plug in my razer Kraken Pro V2 headset that is compatible with combo jacks it isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oman_135, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Oman_135 Win User

Headset isn't recognized via 3.5 mm combo jack

I have an acer Aspire E 15 laptop with a combo jack. When I plug in my razer Kraken Pro V2 headset that is compatible with combo jacks it isn't recognized by my computer. I have the latest drivers and have tried looking for hidden/disabled devices to no avail. The only other solution is to buy a 3.5mm to USB converter but I'd rather not spend the extra money if my laptop is technically equipped to work with this device. Any advice or things I missed?

:)

Oman_135, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Oman_135 Win User

I have an acer Aspire E 15 laptop with a combo jack. When I plug in my razer Kraken Pro V2 headset that is compatible with combo jacks it isn't recognized by my computer. I have the latest drivers and have tried looking for hidden/disabled devices to no
    avail. The only other solution is to buy a 3.5mm to USB converter but I'd rather not spend the extra money if my laptop is technically equipped to work with this device. Any advice or things I missed?

Oman_135, May 25, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Earbud Combo-Jack won't fit.

The Lenovo site doesn't detail exactly what type of jack you have. It is listed as "combo jack". That could mean it can either be a headset OR mic jack, depending on what is plugged in. It could also mean it is the same type of jack that is on an iPhone that will take a combination Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve type plug for BOTH headset and mic.

As this is new, I would contact Lenovo support before going any further.

fireberd, May 25, 2020
  4. Headset isn't recognized via 3.5 mm combo jack

Microphone not detected in combo mic/headset with single 3.55mm jack

I have a combo mic/headset with single 3.55mm jack to plug into my tower. The PC has separate inputs for speakers and microphone. When plugging the single jack I have into either input only that part of the combo headset works. In other words, if I plug
    the only jack I have into the speaker jack I can hear through the earpieces but my microphone remains "disabled" or otherwise undetected. If I plug the only jack I have into the microphone, I am assuming it is detected, but since I can't hear, I have't determined
    that for sure. I have no other speakers; neither built-ins or accessories. So I can't just plug into the mic jack and listen through built-ins as there are none. I do NOT want to buy a splitter as the only ones I can find are 3.55mm female to dual-RCA male
    converters. Additionally I know there is a way to tell the single jack to recognize both.

CadaiaLake, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Headset isn't recognized via 3.5 mm combo jack - Similar Threads - Headset isn't recognized

2. Headset microphone isn't recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone isn't recognized: I have been using my HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset for awhile now on this computer, and the microphone worked perfectly fine until I come back to my computer, turn it on, and go onto a call with my friends online. They only could hear what I know is my built...
  3. Combo Audio Jack on pc

Combo Audio Jack on pc: I have a combo audio jack on my pc Vostro 3681 by dell, and my headset HyperX Cloud stinger and looks like the mic is not working on my headset after SOME windows update. idk what was it too much updates. did windows update actually did something? if there`s some solution,...
  4. Combo headphone adapter not recognizing headset microphone

Combo headphone adapter not recognizing headset microphone: So, I got a Kingtop 3.5mm combo adapter, and it said it was compatible with gaming headsets. I tried it out, and the headphones are working fine. Except the microphone. Instead of my headset microphone, it uses my laptop microphone. And my laptop mic is not good. So I need...
  5. 3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.: Hello everyone, I recently bought some new headphones for my gaming PC MSI gaming plus motherboard, and I've done literally everything to try and solve it, but nothing is working. I've updated my bios, I've gone into Device Properties, Device Manager, Sound testing,...
  6. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...
  7. Headset's Microphone isn't recognized

Headset's Microphone isn't recognized: Good Afternoon, I recently bought a Headset that my PC doesn't totally recognize - it appears connected, but only as audio output and not as audio input. I've tried to troubleshoot my problem, but Microsoft's solutions as well the solutions given by the company that...
  8. 3.5 mm jack not recognizing anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    3.5 mm jack not recognizing anything: The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 7573. I found out that the 3.5mm headphone jack can also double as an input for a microphone that I use for gaming purposes. I've done this many times in the past. What usually happens when I plug something into the jack, a little menu...
  9. Speakers not connecting to combo jack

Speakers not connecting to combo jack: So my laptop has only combo jack and when I try to plug in the speakers they don't work and don't even show up as an output device in the sound settings....
  10. Asus X553S Combo Jack/Headset Question

Asus X553S Combo Jack/Headset Question: Hello, I have just bought the above laptop and need to use a headset for talking to my colleagues. My headset has two separate standard microphone and headphone leads, but my laptop has only one socket. Whenever I plug either into the laptop, something called SmartAudio...