Windows 10: headset mic echoing

Discus and support headset mic echoing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My mic is is echoing and it is being used by svchost I tried removing listen to device and it worked but then my mic stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Reyan Zaman, Mar 31, 2020.

1. headset mic echoing

My mic is is echoing and it is being used by svchost I tried removing listen to device and it worked but then my mic stopped working.

:)

Reyan Zaman, Mar 31, 2020

2. Mic echoing with a headset

Hey. I've got a GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard with a S.O.G XPERT-H1 headset (it's USB, the mic is attached and retractable).

Any sound that comes through my headset echoes into my mic. It's exactly like if I had speakers.

Couldn't fix this problem in years, hoping somebody here may at least shed some light on its source. I will try the headset on another computer later on today, but in the meanwhile here's what I've tried and what I know :
    - That headset's quality is pretty poor all around (I got it for 32€). Drivers suck balls, the headphones' coating is shedding off ... I regret buying off-brand. I've seen many people saying that a poor quality headset will have this kind of problem, due to the wiring of the cables inside, so this is a possibility, though I'd rather fix it if possible at all.
    - It appears that only sounds that come off the left side echo into the mic (and it's attached to the left side). I noticed that when listening to my mic and running the little windows sound test that plays something left then right.
    - No sound is echoed when the mic is muted.
    - Sound still echoes at the same volume when blocking the microphone with some cloth. (so it's not sound leaking from the headphones)
    - This kept happening throughout several windows installations (and several drivers installations).
    - No Stereo Mix to disable, couldn't find anything to disable anywhere.
    - Tried plugging it in the front of my case (it's usually back).

The last headset I had before this one also had this problem, except it actually appeared overnight. That btw was one of the reasons I got a new headset.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be coming from ? Any sure way to confirm that this is a hardware problem and not software ?

Thanks for reading. Have a good one !

PS : For anyone curious why I'm trying to fix this now after years, discord has an echo cancellation feature which made the issue rather trivial, but I started playing Overwatch and I don't want to annoy anyone with echo (especially since I'd rather be open mic than push to talk).

Edit : for reference here's the other post I made about this before giving up http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...king-up-sound-from-my-headphones-1147913.html

Modinstaller, Mar 31, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Mic echoing with a headset

This nails it: there's nothing you can do other than replace it with a quality one.

The el-cheapo headset has the problem of sound conduction through the boom supporting the mic. A good one will have been designed to minimise this. You could try lowering the headphone volume a bit to alleviate it.

qubit, Mar 31, 2020
  4. headset mic echoing

Mic echoing with a headset

do you have a splitter, or cable adapter ,etc? something between the headset & the PC?
    As you described this as a continuing situation, sadly yuou might be stuck until you replace the headset with a proper one.

maybe something like this depending on your current location.

i got these for cheap a year or so back. My daughter uses them, and the work fine...they arent fancy, but they arent bad either. Id suggest doing your best to get a reliable set, and with them a reliable audio software. short of this, a sound card might help, possibly a USB type, i know of some external options that arent too expensive.

i have one of these, and they use a different sound chip other than what is native to windows, maybe that might help, but id just go with a new headset personally.

also, id like to suggest you NOT install audio drivers for the device, and let windows do its thing. maybe the poor driver is causing the problem.

jboydgolfer, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

headset mic echoing

1. headset mic echoing - Similar Threads - headset mic echoing

2. Echoes in headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Echoes in headset: When I talk to my friends through apps such as discord and the Xbox app, they can hear my computer's sound as an echo. There are no speakers playing noise to go through my microphone, and I had gotten a new cord for my headset to connect to my computer, which is when the...
  3. Headset mic

Headset mic: So I bought a headset with mic to play for gaming now here comes the confusing part when I plug it in to pc and I speak into the microphone nothing works, how ever when I speak into ear piece it works Ive tried every setting there is. Please help on what I can do 171624
  4. Weird Mic echo in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Mic echo in games: Hi, my friends have been complaining about mic echoing within games such as COD as well as Xbox parties on the computer, I have tried multiple headsets which all have the problem, it becomes weirder as when I mute my headset there can still be echoing heard the only solution...
  5. echo in headset

echo in headset: I cannot get rid of the echo in my headset.USB microphone hooked up to laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/echo-in-headset/28ed000c-5277-47b5-b3e5-8fab9203860b
  6. Echoing sound with headphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Echoing sound with headphone mic: Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong....
  7. Headset mic

Headset mic: So a few days ago my partners headset mic stopped working. He can hear but people cannot hear him. I thought it may be where the headset was plugged into so tried it on my pc and didnt work. Then i tried my headset on his pc and my pc and mine did not work either. Now they...
  8. Echo from Speaker/Mic

Echo from Speaker/Mic: I'm on Windows 10 on a 1 year old HP laptop. When I have the integrated Speaker/Headphone Realtek R Audio enabled I hear noise all the time and an echo when I speak/use the keyboard etc. I've tried muting my mic and muting speakers etc. Troubleshooter, Cortina, etc but if I...
  9. Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic

Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic: I have an Astro A40 headset that has worked fine for me for over a year now. But, all of a sudden the last month it has started echoing and often playing my internal sounds game Im playing or youtube video Im watching through my mic. I have done everything I can like...
  10. Echo in headset

Echo in headset: Please help! I have an echo coming through my headset and can not figure out how to make it stop. The speakers on the computer work fine but when the headset is plugged in the echo is back. I am running Windows 10...what do I do??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i hear my echo in headset